Ducati Monster 821 to replace 796 in Thailand. Soon...

Shurup

The real story is that the thailand factory of ducati is just producing for the asian market. Yes the 899 is now assembled in thailand that why they can sell it for a normal price.

The story about the jap version is just true for the 1199 as it comes with an ugly huge aide exhaust due the strict japan emission and noise laws. So looks like ducati thailand importing the 1199 now from japan (to save import tax as they have an agreement) through in a free termi; selling it as normal import price and getting a better margin... Business.

You wonder where i know from? Just look at the official published facts from ducati. You think they build 4000 something bikes here to import it in Europe, when they build nearly 40k in Europe itself?

post-77479-14082814885474_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The real story is that the thailand factory of ducati is just producing for the asian market. Yes the 899 is now assembled in thailand that why they can sell it for a normal price.

The story about the jap version is just true for the 1199 as it comes with an ugly huge aide exhaust due the strict japan emission and noise laws. So looks like ducati thailand importing the 1199 now from japan (to save import tax as they have an agreement) through in a free termi; selling it as normal import price and getting a better margin... Business.

You wonder where i know from? Just look at the official published facts from ducati. You think they build 4000 something bikes here to import it in Europe, when they build nearly 40k in Europe itself?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1408281487.471388.jpg

Thanks Hili, I was only asking the sales staff if the 899 was restricted to be double sure, I didn't think it would be and I was expecting a straight answer, like "of course not".

The grainy iPhone pics of a Panigale with a ridiculously big side exhaust and confused explanation of 105 hp had me concerned. I'll still get a Thai to speak to someone there to double check but it sounds like the 899 will be full power. Really hope so, 150hp in that package is a pretty sweet spot IMO.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1408281487.471388.jpg

Thanks Hili, I was only asking the sales staff if the 899 was restricted to be double sure, I didn't think it would be and I was expecting a straight answer, like "of course not".

The grainy iPhone pics of a Panigale with a ridiculously big side exhaust and confused explanation of 105 hp had me concerned. I'll still get a Thai to speak to someone there to double check but it sounds like the 899 will be full power. Really hope so, 150hp in that package is a pretty sweet spot IMO.

Don't worry the 899 is the same spec as the european one. I just ordered one...

Thats the jap pani. Nice isn't it ;)

post-77479-14082836239291_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

nice bike! love the looks of 899.

but i wonder why it is this expensive.

price different between hypermotard and 899 is around 95 k thb in USA and 125 k thb in UK.

but in thailand price difference is a strange 250 k!

expecting it around 600 k thb:(

possibly they add the cost of termi slip on.

BTW the price of the Monster 821 has been announced in Thailand: 779,000.00 BHT clap2.gif

Hope you're joking? sad.png Or I hope it's import and so the Thai models will show up later?

Unbelievable, the Monster 1200 goes for the 899,000, which is so much better (engine, suspension, swingarm, probably more...)Who in their right mind would get the 821 if the 1200 costs just 120,000 more?

Ducati probably needs to get rid of a lot of 795/796's first.

• Like 1

Ducati's can't be imported from Japan under the bi-lateral agreement. Only bike from companies registered and manufacturing in Japan. Maybe a few slipped through due to the low value of the Yen but Ducati cannot ship from Japan.

No Ducati can be restricted. They are very easy to re-map and remove the closed loop.

Congratulations on your purchase Hili.

Ducati's can't be imported from Japan under the bi-lateral agreement. Only bike from companies registered and manufacturing in Japan. Maybe a few slipped through due to the low value of the Yen but Ducati cannot ship from Japan.

No Ducati can be restricted. They are very easy to re-map and remove the closed loop.

I was also surprised how a jap pani ended up in thailand; but i seen it myself at the showroom. In fact the black 1199 which they have on the motor sale was exactly that. Edited by Hili

I was also surprised how a jap pani ended up in thailand; but i seen it myself at the showroom. In fact the black 1199 which they have on the motor sale was exactly that.

As I said the only logical explanation would be it was imported using the weak Yen and maybe the Japs aren't buying the Jap Panigale because it's been seriously detuned.

Virtually all bikes are cheapest from the US.

That's a great deal on the 899- if it was a little bigger (though of course its size makes it what it is) I'd be tempted, but I look like a gorilla on it (confirmed by a pic taken of me on one at the show in December;)).

Do you ride a Monkeybike?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll go sit in the corner of the room.

That's a great deal on the 899- if it was a little bigger (though of course its size makes it what it is) I'd be tempted, but I look like a gorilla on it (confirmed by a pic taken of me on one at the show in December;)).

good luck i am small like a italian :)

btw for the promotion they do only have the red model. They told me i can have the white one but would need to pay the "import" price giggle.gif

great bike in all ways reviews say except the heat!

also it is slightly bigger than 1199 or maybe looks that way.

hili congrats again!

It's physically smaller than the 1199, really nice size IMO and not too brutal riding position for a supersport but I can see why taller guys might find it a bit cramped.

Weighs a little bit more than the 1199 though due to double sided swing arm etc. Still very light though.

It really is a beautiful looking machine. Need to decide whether to buy it by the end of the week.

• Like 1

A Ducati fully-faired bike has to be red- it doesn't look nearly as nice in white, IMHO- they had a white one at the show, and it kind of faded away next to the red 1199 models.

I might go for black

post-77479-14083469050278_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got hold of some info from one of the dealers regarding the new 821. As posted previously - currently 799K baht on pre-order (imported from Italy). And end of winter 2015 should be available locally for around 500K. Pity as I would have probably gone and picked one up in the next 2 weeks if they were local prices.

I've visited Ducati Pattaya today, confirmed the M821 will be import at 799k, no word though on when they will start making them here so thanks for the info.

No point waiting for another year + for this bike to show up at reasonable prices, real disappointment. Didn't like much how the 796 rides but now can't even consider it knowing it is outdated.

japnese bike used to be restricted by a speed limiter ,, I had a jap model VFR 750 that topped out at 108mph until i cut off the limiter then it would reach 145mph,

Ducatis can be limited by , special EFI mapping , and also using speed limiters and also special silncers in japan market or the EU A2 models .

all limiters can be reversed ,, I bought a monster S4 from japan in 2005 to thailand and removed the speed limiter and put in an Ducati performance map in the EFI ,,

the bike now has 119hp up from standard 101 and tops out at 245kph

The panigali in Japan failed all japanese noise tests thats why it has to have a special silencer.

Ducat factory thailand mostly makes for Asean marketand has a max capacity of 14,000 per year its not at that level but Ducati can send production from thailand to any market they want ,,,and at the moment it benefits them to satisfy EU and USA market demand for the 821 ,, also they need to get rid of inventory of 796,795 in LOS and Asean before new model comes here.

Got hold of some info from one of the dealers regarding the new 821. As posted previously - currently 799K baht on pre-order (imported from Italy). And end of winter 2015 should be available locally for around 500K. Pity as I would have probably gone and picked one up in the next 2 weeks if they were local prices.

this was what i was thinking but it is not the case anymore.

Ducati got greedy again as then i would like to ask how come they can sell hypermotard at 12,000 USD - 10,000 GBP bike elsewhere for a reasonable 500 K THB and a 15,000 USD - 12,500 GBP 899 for 750 K THB!

Ducati got greedy again as then i would like to ask how come they can sell hypermotard at 12,000 USD - 10,000 GBP bike elsewhere for a reasonable 500 K THB and a 15,000 USD - 12,500 GBP 899 for 750 K THB!

You have to compare with European (€) prices cant compare US Prices. So for example in Germany the 899 is 15,490 euros multiplied by a exchange rate of 44 iam at 681,560 baht. Which means iam paying 67,440 baht / 1,532 euros more in Thailand; which i am ok with. It is about the same as for the monster or hypermotard you pay about 1,000 euros more here. Well with that "sepcial" offer iam getting a termi slip-on worth about 1800 euros so in the end iam actually saving 300 euros w00t.gif

still expecting it less:((

really? do we have a chance to get it around 550 - 600k thb later on as one user mentioned in this thread?

You have to compare with European (€) prices cant compare US Prices. So for example in Germany the 899 is 15,490 euros multiplied by a exchange rate of 44 iam at 681,560 baht. Which means iam paying 67,440 baht / 1,532 euros more in Thailand; which i am ok with. It is about the same as for the monster or hypermotard you pay about 1,000 euros more here. Well with that "sepcial" offer iam getting a termi slip-on worth about 1800 euros so in the end iam actually saving 300 euros w00t.gif

Shows that math can be bent all sorts of ways if there is a will! The termi is $2,200 in the USA.

But who am I to correct your calculations and spoil the fun. Enjoy the ride, man! :)

• Like 1

still expecting it less:((

really? do we have a chance to get it around 550 - 600k thb later on as one user mentioned in this thread?

A few simple phone calls can solve that question for you.

But in the meantime, what are the viable options of a large capacity bike at reasonable price in Thailand?

ER6 - largish but still need to ring the neck out of it.

Z800 - heavy

??

Edited by powdermonkey

But in the meantime, what are the viable options of a large capacity bike at reasonable price in Thailand?

Z800 - heavy

??

Beside Ducati, the only other option I've considered in over 650 but under 1000 cc class is the BMW F800R (440k baht?)

Z800 - heavy

??

Beside Ducati, the only other option I've considered in over 650 but under 1000 cc class is the BMW F800R (440k baht?)

get a second hand monster 795 and call it a day shurup. ýou can get one for 300 - 320 k thb.

then maybe other models arrive soon or get cheaper, you can sell and change it easily.

that is good enough for thailand and still a ducati monster.

• Like 1

You have to compare with European () prices cant compare US Prices. So for example in Germany the 899 is 15,490 euros multiplied by a exchange rate of 44 iam at 681,560 baht. Which means iam paying 67,440 baht / 1,532 euros more in Thailand; which i am ok with. It is about the same as for the monster or hypermotard you pay about 1,000 euros more here. Well with that "sepcial" offer iam getting a termi slip-on worth about 1800 euros so in the end iam actually saving 300 euros w00t.gif

Shows that math can be bent all sorts of ways if there is a will! The termi is $2,200 in the USA.

But who am I to correct your calculations and spoil the fun. Enjoy the ride, man! :)

2200 usd is 1650 euros according to google today.

Hili stated it was worth 1800 euros. So he's out by about 150 euros or 200 dollars. Not really bending the maths too much, especially once the customs see that 2200 dollar exhaust ;)