Kelenor for AVRs?

carlyai

I want to buy a 3 phase AVR for my house. The internet site kelenor in Thailand has a range of AVRs in there web page and have a 10KVA in stock, so they say. The did not answer my email but i talked to someone there on the phone. I want to drive the few hundted kms to have a look but im a bit worried that it is an internet site and wont have the product. The guy i talked to said the AVR was 1000 kg, i said 100 kg but he was sure it was 1000 kg. Seems wrong to me. Also you can buy shoes, and everything advertised on the site, but they would need a big warehouse for all the gear.

Has anyone bought an AVR from Kelenor?

I contacted them re: a single phase 20kVA AVR, but they said it wasn't in stock and would take 6 weeks.. I ended up spending a few more Baht to get an LiOA unit, in-stock, from Global House. So sorry, no real feedback on their post-sale service.

I can't imagine how it could weigh a ton, but if it does, you will need to think about where it's going to go - most concrete floors in houses are only rated to 200KG/sqm (500kg/sqm if a wet area).

Edited by IMHO

IMHO. Thanks will try global house seems like a new one outside psttaya.

How did u calculate thst u needed x kva avr?

I was not to scientific and said my 3 phase meter is 45 A so used p- va and 220 * 45 about 10kva. Bit too rough?

I was not to scientific and said my 3 phase meter is 45 A so used p- va and 220 * 45 about 10kva. Bit too rough?

You need to multiply by the number of phases (meter is 3 x 45A), you're looking at 45*220*3= 30kVA.

In reality you won't go anywhere near that, particularly if you wire it so that heating loads (water heaters) bypass the beast.

It may be more cost effective to use individual small units on sensitive kit, (technology, A/C etc).

Just basic math - I have a 30/100 meter, 100A * 220v = 22,000watts - I figured 20kVA was close enough, and covers all my heavy loads being on simultaneously (which they never are).

However, in reality, just 13,000 watts load is enough to pull the full 100A, due to voltage drop on the supply side, so oversizing these is not a bad idea / undersizing is not a good idea..

Go with Crossy's advice and buy the biggest/closest to your meter rating * 3.

@Crossy: In my case, I wanted the water heaters to go through the AVR - otherwise, with 2 on at once, the water just didn't get hot (!) Now we can have 2 showers going, with hot water, and even turn on the microwave at the same time :P

Edited by IMHO

Went to global house rayong a little while ago and they have single phase 10kva avrs. As i need around a 30 kva 3 phase avr, can i get 3 single phase 10kva avrs?

From my 3 phase meter i would go to the 3 avrs then to my consumer box which has 3 banks of breakers and 3 rcd for each phase feeding my house loads.

Is this going to give me problems with the rcd tripping?

Went to global house rayong a little while ago and they have single phase 10kva avrs. As i need around a 30 kva 3 phase avr, can i get 3 single phase 10kva avrs?

From my 3 phase meter i would go to the 3 avrs then to my consumer box which has 3 banks of breakers and 3 rcd for each phase feeding my house loads.

Is this going to give me problems with the rcd tripping?

I think that should be completely fine, and could be the best solution for balancing the phases too - unless the 3-phase units actually have 3 individual servo motors? (not sure).

Wait for Crossy to confirm smile.png

Edited by IMHO

Treating a 3-phase installation as three individual single-phase installations is quite acceptable, so 3 x single-phase AVRs will do the job just fine.

You will have to be rigorous about using the correct neutral for each circuit, mix-and-match neutrals is the main reason that RCDs / RCBOs won't stay 'on'.

Thai sparkies are well known for grabbing the nearest available neutral for a circuit, after all, they're connected together aren't they? (no, not if RCDs / RCBOs are in use).

Trip to kelenor. They had the old address on the web site so the gps was no use and after contacting them again by phone we finally made it to their site. Work in progress. After telling me they had the 3 10 kva avrs , they didnt. They dont have much at all, that was my suspicion to start with. They have an internet site with products shown but have to order in what u want. Glad i had a look, but wont be ordering from them.

Tomorrow back to global house rayong to get the 2 10kva they have and ask them to find another for me.

• 3 months later...

after having a great loss of power supplys, I used 2 cleanline UPS, to learn,

that during very strong rain, the power seems to be reduced.

From my 3 phase connection, only one phase had 230 V,

the other 2 had around 140 V.

A swiss guy near khon kaen bought a avr 10 kva for about 40.000 Baht,

http://www.isaan-thai.ch/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1394#p22375

seems to be that model,

http://www.soundmarkthai.com/webboard_1181871_38020_th?lang=th

but is it the normal price for an avr ?

I thought about, of placing TV, PC, and all valuable electric on one phase curcuit,

that is protectet by the one avr, but I`m not shure about the whole concept,

of undervoltage and overvoltage protection.

Edited by DisainaM

after having a great loss of power supplys, I used 2 cleanline UPS, to learn,

that during very strong rain, the power seems to be reduced.

From my 3 phase connection, only one phase had 230 V,

the other 2 had around 140 V.

A swiss guy near khon kaen bought a avr 10 kva for about 40.000 Baht,

http://www.isaan-thai.ch/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1394#p22375

seems to be that model,

http://www.soundmarkthai.com/webboard_1181871_38020_th?lang=th

but is it the normal price for an avr ?

I thought about, of placing TV, PC, and all valuable electric on one phase curcuit,

that is protectet by the one avr, but I`m not shure about the whole concept,

of undervoltage and overvoltage protection.

My 20kVA single phase unit was 28K Baht from Global House, and makes the unit you linked to look tiny ;)