Disabled Scot claims he was battered by Thai prison guards after being left starving and penniless

Rimmer

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-I do not beleive this story .

First he loses documents, why not contact british embassy???

Beaten by prison guards absolute rubbish.

Ihave spent time in a Thai prison . I was treated with the upmost respect by guards and other inmates.

British embassy contacted the prison, i spoke with man from embassy. He told me of my rights etc, we can contact a Thai lawyer for you, very helpful he was.

So before people speak about how unhelpful the British embassy staff are, think of people in my situation, they helped me.

But do you have the mental capacity of a 12 yr old ?

Quite easily actually. I lost mine yesterday and I had only bought it 30 minutes before. I don't THINK I am in my second childhood yet.

I went into a bar/restaurant to have lunch where I evidently dropped it. Went off to do some shopping and came back to the same bar to have a drink whilst waiting for my bus back to the village. The ticket was waiting for me. Anyway no one can use it. You have to show an ID when you buy it and show the same one when you check in.

-I do not beleive this story .
First he loses documents, why not contact british embassy???
Beaten by prison guards absolute rubbish.
Ihave spent time in a Thai prison . I was treated with the upmost respect by guards and other inmates.
British embassy contacted the prison, i spoke with man from embassy. He told me of my rights etc, we can contact a Thai lawyer for you, very helpful he was.
So before people speak about how unhelpful the British embassy staff are, think of people in my situation, they helped me.

I agree.
1) If a bank machine "swallows up your ATM card there are numbers on those machines to call.
2) Being on overstay all you need to do is report to the Volunteer Police or Immigration and tell your story OR call your Embassy.
3) I was also in a Thai jail and yes they are full as described but every "Thai Murder and Terrorist" in there were good to me and even gave me some puffs off their ciggies.
4) I had no problems with the guards however I would never say "I was treated with the up-most respect" lmao.
5) Being left penny-less and starving on the beach is NOT the police's fault. It is his own by not being proactive seeking a new ATM and calling the Airline Company etc.
6) He claims he slept on the beach for 6 weeks before he called him mom for a new flight back home? Also where was this "girlfriend" he so kindly went back to visit during all this.
7) When the UK Embassy had him before due to burns etc why didn't he tell them this dilemma then?

Not to be unsympathetic but I just think there is for sure another side to this coin.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1