The Gate Theater Group Is Growing!

bhatmasterson

Chiang Mai's very own Gate Theater Group is making a push to become the first English Language Theater Foundation in Thailand. They are also in the process of recruiting participants, patrons and advertisers for the upcoming season and are interested in hearing from anyone who would like to get involved.

On Saturday August 2nd at 2:00 pm The Gate Theater Group will hold an open meeting to introduce the steering committee, recruit new members and fill important positions within the group. We will also discuss the upcoming season and set dates for casting.

Among the plays which have been selected for the 2014 – 2015 season are Steel Magnolias by Robert Harling, I hate Hamlet, by Paul Rudnick and Rumors by Neil Simon.

Some of the positions they are seeking to fill include Play Director, Assistant to the Director, Technical Director, Social Chair Person, Program Designer, Fund Raiser Chairperson, Costume Designer, and Publicity Director.

The meeting will take place in the 7th floor conference room at Kad Suan Kaew Shopping Mall.

To get there, take the elevator on the first floor near the front (main) entrance. You will find the elevator across from the information counter. Take the elevator up to 7. Walk across the lobby and turn left through the double doors and then turn right. The conference room will be on your left. Please bring a pen or pencil with you for filling in the necessary forms.

If you are interested in joining The Gate Theater Group but are unable to attend the meeting on Saturday, you can contact them through their website and they will be happy to set a time when someone can meet with you to answer any questions and register you as a member or advertiser.

www.gate-theater.com

The meeting agenda is as follows:

2:00 – 2:15 Introduction Of The Steering Committee

2:15 – 2:30 Describe & Discuss Available Positions

2:30 – 3:00 Handouts & Writing Applications

3:00 – 3:45 Take Questions & Recruit New Members

3:45 – 4:00 Hand Out Membership Cards

I will be there in spirit. Can't wait to hear about all the stuff you guys are doing. Wish I could make your next audition. sad.png

The Gate Theater Group will be presenters at the August Chiang Mai Expats Club meeting. It should be an informative meeting with video excerpts from past performances.

I will be there in spirit. Can't wait to hear about all the stuff you guys are doing. Wish I could make your next audition. sad.png

The Gate Theater Group will be presenters at the August Chiang Mai Expats Club meeting. It should be an informative meeting with video excerpts from past performances.

That will be at the Chiang Mai Expats Club next General Meeting -- Saturday, August 23 at Le Meridien hotel. Arrive at 10 am for 10:30 am start.

I've talked with Mike, who is editing video from past Gate Theater performances to be used as part of the presentation. It sounds like it's going to be a "not to be missed" event, with many excerpts from past performances.

I expect they'll talk about ways you can get involved and support Gate Theater, even if you aren't able to attend their August 2 meeting.