Need recommendations late night supper

Choonpon

Hi people in CM:)

Does anyone know where to find food and tea after midnight in CM city? What about coffeehouse in hotels? Are they open 24 hours? In case of sleepless nights...

Also I need recommendation for simple breakfast. Food served: soft boiled eggs, toast and tea. Where can I find them in the city?

Thank you.

Joke Sompet is open 24 hours, isn't it? It's located on the north side of the old city, right next to the moat. It's near the north gate. It serves joke, or boiled rice soup, the Thai breakfast staple. Great with ground pork balls and an egg or two tossed in. I've gotten where I like it for breakfast sometimes.

I think they may have western-style breakfast, too, but their joke is so good that's all I ever order. (I've never been there in the wee hours, though. Sometimes I feel like a bowl of joke as a late afternoon snack, too, and stop by if I'm in the neighborhood.)
  • Like 1

Toast and tea at Mucky D's   LOL  You can gt a big breakfast with coffee green scrambled eggs  soggy buttered English muffin and a grease soaked sausage and deep fat fried potato wedge but no tea I think. Why don't you ask the hotel you stay in? Maybe they will send up a pot of Earl Grey and some soft boiled eggs and boiled bacon then you will not have to leave the confines of your room   LOL  Hard to believe how simple finding snack food can be if you look outside your door and possibly take a late night stroll along the streets  Live and learn my friend

Love them or loath them, McDonald s and Burger King are 24hr, some of the places in the Anusarn may still be open for food after midnight.

I like the baked chicken at Joke Sompet:

PS... it comes without the bite taken out.

That is what I go to Jok Sompet for too, but they have a bunch of good stuff, including dim sum.

I try to stay away from McDonald's burgers and fries most of the time, but I really like the Egg McMuffins and breakdown and have one more often.

• Like 1

I also recommend Jok Somphet. Really, everything on the menu is very good and portions are very large. The baked chicken, baked fish, moo Hinlay, kow phad talay, joke are all some of the best. Actually I think it's the only place that sells plaa op (baked fish).

24 hours. Always full of Thais and foreigners.......and now Chinese...

I also recommend Jok Somphet. Really, everything on the menu is very good and portions are very large. The baked chicken, baked fish, moo Hinlay, kow phad talay, joke are all some of the best. Actually I think it's the only place that sells plaa op (baked fish).

Looks like Jok Somphet is a popular choice:) Mac and Burger king will be a safety net in case I can't find Jok Somphet. Edited by Choonpon

Looks like Jok Somphet is a popular choice:) Mac and Burger king will be a safety net in case I can't find Jok Somphet.

Very easy to find. Really impossible to miss. Right on a corner, everyone knows the place so if you ask a local they will point you in the direction.

• Like 1

ye agree with most posters,for a emergency fall back place for a refuelling,jok somphet is the place to go jok is good with a egg,chicken with noodles is good,IF you get a nicely cooked chicken,some can be a bit tough,but if hungry what the heck.open 24hours as well
  • Like 1

You didn't really specify a "time" for breakfast. If early morning (6 am to 11 am) you can try Maya Shopping Mall at Rimping. They serve a western style breakfast with Tea or Coffee for only 59 baht. I've tried it twice and it's good but the seating area is somewhat limited when crowded.

Thai style late eats at Khao Tom Daeng on the road between Thapae Road and the road along Warorot Market.

You will most likely need to speak and/or read Thai to order what you want from their menu. 

It's also quite busy.

http://www.diningchiangmai.com/2013/12/khao-tom-daeng-2.html

Thanks for the info. Looks very traditional Chinese late supper venue:)

You didn't really specify a "time" for breakfast. If early morning (6 am to 11 am) you can try Maya Shopping Mall at Rimping. They serve a western style breakfast with Tea or Coffee for only 59 baht. I've tried it twice and it's good but the seating area is somewhat limited when crowded.

Yes I have been there. Quite nice and decent:) But no soft boiled eggs.

Yes I have been there. Quite nice and decent:) But no soft boiled eggs.

Possible to make them in a cheap kettle of course, just the way you like them-but then maybe the point is to go out somewhere.

Just thinkin-thats all.

Rimping Supermarket cafe at Maya has boiled eggs on their menu. When I asked them if they could make soft boiled eggs, they said they don't have. Funny eh??

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The noodle and pork bone soup place just around the corner from north gate (pratu chang peuak) is pretty famous with locals, open late and often filled with tipsy assortment of night crawlers, the soup bones are meaty and tasty.  The owner is a famous for his ability to calculate the cost from the empty bowls on the table and makes a little show of it.  I saw him on tv in a competittion of such calculations, I think he was the winner of the competition.

• Like 1