Who's this elite card for?

guess you forgot your brain at the airport.... lol, thats so obvious!

First let me tell you, i work as an engineer, i can buy one , and if i do, thats will be the most stupid thing i will ever do

What kind of "engineer"?

it really doesnt matter who i am! I am the subject of this thread

But i have a question for you! Do you hold one?

Did you throw 500 k baht to buy this plastic card? If not, why you are advocating other members to do silly thing....whistling.gif

I didn't ask who you are. I asked what kind of "engineer" you are. Why won't you tell me what kind of engineer you are?

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scheme has already been shut down in the past. It could happen again, especially, as previously mentioned, when they realise a lot of criminals are buying them.

Were peoples visas refused at the airport?

A yes or no answer will be fine please

No, of course they weren't, once that visa's in your passport you've got your 5 years. This is why there's pretty much a zero risk on the 5 year membership.

The only potential risk factor in the unlikely situation that they do shutdown for some reason is if your passport subsequetly becomes full, expires or if you lose it.

There's one other issue which will only affect a small number of people : some countries (very few) issue passports that last for only 5 years and will probably need the visa moving to a new passport unless they get a new passport just before applying for the 5 year visa.

guess you forgot your brain at the airport.... lol, thats so obvious!

First let me tell you, i work as an engineer, i can buy one , and if i do, thats will be the most stupid thing i will ever do

What kind of "engineer"?

it really doesnt matter who i am! I am the subject of this thread

But i have a question for you! Do you hold one?

Did you throw 500 k baht to buy this plastic card? If not, why you are advocating other members to do silly thing....whistling.gif

I didn't ask who you are. I asked what kind of "engineer" you are. Why won't you tell me what kind of engineer you are?

why are you advocating other members to do silly thing?laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

The scheme has already been shut down in the past. It could happen again, especially, as previously mentioned, when they realise a lot of criminals are buying them.

Here's a thread from the last shut down of the scheme.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/464060-thailand-elite-card-closes-down-to-the-tunes-of-25-billion-baht/

I do not know if Thai immigration honoured the card, after the scheme was shut down, but it appears all the perks that came with it ceased.

It's not beyond possibility that in any future shut down, the Immigration entry perk gets shut down as well.

This is Thailand. Nothing is for certain, and forever here, especially for farang. smile.png

They did honour the visa while shutdown previously.

The visa is the only reason I bought this. I really don't care about immigration fast track and the complimentary limo service or any other benefits but I'll use them all the same.

It's all about the visa. The visa costs Thailand nothing to continue to honour it so there's no ongoing cost associated with the visa part of the service. Cancelling previously issued visas is something that would gain a lot of negative press around the world which is why it won't happen. The people in charge of policy over at immigration are not stupid regardless of what some people think.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

No, of course they weren't, once that visa's in your passport you've got your 5 years. This is why there's pretty much a zero risk on the 5 year membership.

The only potential risk factor in the unlikely situation that they do shutdown for some reason is if your passport subsequetly becomes full, expires or if you lose it.

There's one other issue which will only affect a small number of people : some countries (very few) issue passports that last for only 5 years and will probably need the visa moving to a new passport unless they get a new passport just before applying for the 5 year visa.

"This is why there's pretty much a zero risk on the 5 year membership." - really, and you can 100% guarantee that, can you, especially when Thailand hasn't even got a Government installed.

I have no problem with anyone who has bought one, it's just a risk i wouldn't take. Each to their own.

i swear if tomorrow, they replace the retirement visa (you just put 800K in your account) with the elite card ( you throw 500K or 2 millions baht)

within a night, all the ederly foreigner will either move to Cambodia or go home.

elite card, they should call it sucker cardcheesy.gif , Never heard so such stupid thing, no wonder from its begining that was a big big big failure!

The article from July 7th (3 weeks ago) states that the company sold only 41 Elite cards and is forced to cut the target from 1300 to 317 members.

So far I counted at least 10 Thai Visa members having this card..... so 20% of all Elite members just happened to post on this topic?

Ho is lying?

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2014/07/elite-card-sales-flop/

I think part of the problem is that they didn't advertise the new 5 year Easy Access membership very well. It was hard to even find information on their own website just 6 or 7 weeks ago.

When did the 5 year membership option become available ? I'm not sure of the exact answer to this but I suspect it was sometime around March this year based on the creation date of some of the documents I downloaded from the website.

I only found out about it by chance while browsing this visa forum once immigration announced the crackdowns on the Out/In border runs which I hate having to do.

Once I understood that this new 5 year option is available and it only cost 500k for a full 5 years I signed up almost immediately.

Many more people who are affected by the Out/In crackdown will be finding out about this option over the coming months and I'm sure like me lots of them will be delighted to find this relatively new addition to the TE membership packages.

If I was working over at the Thailand Elite company I would be appointing new sales agents to get the word out about this new option as it's a game changer in my opinion. The best possible way to sell this visa would be via the honourary consulates around the world by paying them a commission for accepting initial applications from potential new members. The honourary consulates are funded by the visas that they sell so they would push this option to those under 50 who are looking for a long stay visa.

They did honour the visa while shutdown previously.

The visa is the only reason I bought this. I really don't care about immigration fast track and the complimentary limo service or any other benefits but I'll use them all the same.

It's all about the visa. The visa costs Thailand nothing to continue to honour it so there's no ongoing cost associated with the visa part of the srevice. Cancelling previously issued visas is something that would gain a lot of negative press around the world which is why it won't happen. The people in charge of policy over at immigration are not stupid regardless of what some people think.

The visa is the only reason I bought this.

cheesy.gif

we have an elite tv member, should we call you from now "his majesty"

and out of curiosity what did you buy to "madame" your thai wife? a castle in buriram?

cheesy.gif

i will go for a walk, i am completely laughing dead!

Edited by Bender

Why? What disadvantages do you think the card has for those that can afford it and are looking for a visa?

It can be canceled at anytime, for any reason, by anyone in power.

Currently, Thailand hasn't even got a democratically elected Government, therefore, economically, it's unstable for investment - any investment, including 500k for an Elite Card.

I can afford one, but I will not buy one, based on a risk versus reward assessment.

Most visas issued by any country can be "canceled at anytime, for any reason, by anyone in power" be it a Schengen one or even a US Green Card so stop being a drama queen. Granting of any visa has never, ever been a guarantee of being able to enter any country ever.

An investment in Thailand may be a 2 million baht condo or a 5 million baht home or a 10 million baht company. A 500k baht elite card and the associated visa is a 'free pass' not an investment. Here's a clue if you can't tell the difference... count the '0's.

So, what point are you trying to make here apart from possibly not having a pot to p!ss in?

"This is why there's pretty much a zero risk on the 5 year membership." - really, and you can 100% guarantee that, can you, especially when Thailand hasn't even got a Government installed.

I have no problem with anyone who has bought one, it's just a risk i wouldn't take. Each to their own.

I consider it to be a very low risk based on the previous track record. A high risk situation would be buying stock in a startup.

Risk and risk taking by individuals is an interesting subject.

I do go for some high risks occasionally, for example I purchased about $10k worth of Bitcoin between late 2012 and early 2013 and that turned out pretty well for me. Of course there was zero guarantee of any return as is often the case in life. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Others say people 'got lucky' but really there's no luck involved, just managed risk.

As for 100% guarantees and taking risks, read this :

"The biggest risk is not taking any risk...In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.", Quote from some random Billionaire.

If buying a 500k visa is not for you then please feel free to settle with mediocrity and continue as you were, don't bother me though, I'm busy doing something entirely different.

Edited by ukrules

Why? What disadvantages do you think the card has for those that can afford it and are looking for a visa?

Currently, Thailand hasn't even got a democratically elected Government, therefore, economically, it's unstable for investment - any investment, including 500k for an Elite Card.

I can afford one, but I will not buy one, based on a risk versus reward assessment.

Most visas issued by any country can be "canceled at anytime, for any reason, by anyone in power" be it a Schengen one or even a US Green Card so stop being a drama queen. Granting of any visa has never, ever been a guarantee of being able to enter any country ever.

An investment in Thailand may be a 2 million baht condo or a 5 million baht home or a 10 million baht company. A 500k baht elite card and the associated visa is a 'free pass' not an investment. Here's a clue if you can't tell the difference... count the '0's.

So, what point are you trying to make here apart from possibly not having a pot to p!ss in?

"Most visas issued by any country can be "canceled at anytime, for any reason, by anyone in power" be it a Schengen one or even a US Green Card" - you have hit the nail on the head - they can be canceled, but those visas don't cost 500k baht, do they? smile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

@ ukrules

Like I said, each to their own. To those who have bought one, good luck.

The risk versus reward, for me, is not worth it.

They shut down the last scheme, so, there is a history of failure, not to mention, eventually, a whole new Government may shut it down again, including the Immigration entry benefit of the card.

I treat what those in power say here in the same way as a bar girl telling me her family has a sick buffalo. :)

Edited by NamKangMan

I consider it to be a very low risk based on the previous track record. A high risk situation would be buying stock in a startup.

I do go for some high risks occasionally, for example I purchased about $10k worth of Bitcoin between late 2012 and early 2013 and that turned out pretty well for me. Of course there was zero guarantee of any return as is often the case in life. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Others say people 'got lucky' but really there's no luck involved, just managed risk.

"The biggest risk is not taking any risk...In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.", Quote from some random Billionaire.

If buying a 500k visa is not for you then please feel free to settle with mediocrity and continue as you were, don't bother me though, I'm busy doing something entirely different.

Mylord, may i ask you, if you are busy playing golf with the prince of arabia, or enjoying a cup of tea with the Queen Elizabeth...laugh.png

"Most visas issued by any country can be "canceled at anytime, for any reason, by anyone in power" be it a Schengen one or even a US Green Card" - you have hit the nail on the head - they can be canceled, but those visas don't cost 500k baht, do they? smile.png

You're missing a point - visas can all be theoretically cancelled by any country that issues them but in practice they aren't. To cancel a whole class of issued visas would be very unwise for a country and would give it a 'rogue pariah' status amongst the countries of the world. Think of Robert Mugabe and his mismanagement of Zimbabwe.

The cancellation clauses are there so they can 'boot you out' if you turn out to ba a law breaking trouble causer. For example if you get arrested for posessing drugs a couple of times I suspect they will revoke your visa on an individual basis which they can do as the terms and conditions allow for this.

As for cancelling every visa issued on a whim, that's not going to happen. It's delusional to think so.

Mylord, may i ask you, if you are busy playing golf with the prince of arabia, or enjoying a cup of tea with the Queen Elizabeth...laugh.png

LOL, right now I'm sitting in the house in Hua Hin on a relaxing Sunday afternoon responding to the misguided on my computer.

• Like 1

LOL, right now I'm sitting in the house in Hua Hin on a relaxing Sunday afternoon responding to the misguided on my computer.

my deepest apologies my lord, i did think your private secretary was responding to these arrogant peasanttongue.png

May i suggest you settle this different with a sword tonight at the park.

ps: i need som fresh air, i cant stop laughingcheesy.gif

The point is the original scheme was never cancelled. It still saves me money over the 5 years. The answer of can you gurantee anything in life is a poor poor argument. In 5 years ill be eligible for a retirement visa so for me getting the card was a no brainer. Why cant the trolls admit they have a chip on there shoulder. They offer nothing constructive to say. REPEAT AFTER ME. All visas have been honored. So whats there gripe. The 500,000 card is a high margin product. They have obviously learned leasons from the original 1m bht lifetime card. Now jog on or offer some contructive comments.

You'll never get through to the detractors, some people need constant hand holding and daily reassurance throughout their life, even then they're jittery and scared to make any kind of move.

Is it true that you can still transfer (sell) the original lifetime membership cards to other people ?

• Like 1

The visa costs Thailand nothing to continue to honour it .

Yet, you are paying 500k for the privilege.

At the beginning of this thread I mentioned how wanna be hiso farang (pardon me.... the Elite Farag giggle.gif ) would not be to able contain the urge to brag about their online riches. The "Elitists" sure like to make sure everyone knows what they own and how much money they have.......

....yet.... they are living in the swampxWPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ic.52UL_9jJ74.pn

Rich, hiso Elite farang like to mention in every post how we envy them of jealousy..... yet.... no cash for 10mil investment visa?

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Elite Hi-So Farang..... living in Pattaya.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum
  • Like 1

Again nothing to offer just comments based assumptions. It must be great being you. Our house is far from a swamp and 400 k north of BKK. Again I SAVE at least 4000 gbp annually with the card. Now come again ill keep batting em right back at yer. Any one for Tennis?

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by bim
  • Like 1

If you decided not to switch to the newest Thailand Elite scheme (20 years / 1 year stamp), the original card benefits remain unchanged.

So can you transfer it at the same rate as before.

Personally I did switch to the newest version because it was difficult to resist the offer of a 1 year stamp :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Must admit i'm kinda surprised the troll is still allowed to post?

He is entertaining, that's for sure.

What surprises me more is that most of the other "Anti-Elite (card)" have disappeared...

Do you think they already bought one since the crackdown on visa runners?

I hope it does not hurt their wallet too much :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Must admit i'm kinda surprised the troll is still allowed to post?

He is entertaining, that's for sure.

What surprises me more is that most of the other "Anti-Elite (card)" have disappeared...

Do you think they already bought one since the crackdown on visa runners?

I hope it does not hurt their wallet too much smile.png

They're most likely trying to borrow the money to buy one is my guess

• Like 1

Rich, hiso Elite farang like to mention in every post how we envy them of jealousy..... yet.... no cash for 10mil investment visa?

But didn't we already cover back around page 6 of this thread that the 10 million baht investment visa doesn't exist anymore?

...or have you forgotten to take your Ritalin again?

Either way, I reckon your posts should come with the "Boinnnng!!" sound effects that are so popular on Thai television shows, adds to the comical relief aspect because just like yourself, none of us here has a bloody clue what you are banging on about.

• Like 2

There seems to be a lot of posts on this thread directed, personally, at members. There's really no need for personal attacks.

I can only speak for myself, and the Elite Card is a product that is not good value for money for me.

Similarly, I will not purchase land in Thailand, because which ever way you look at it, I can never own it. To me, that's not a wise economic decision, no matter how well off I may be.

I can afford an Elite Card, but as they can cancel the scheme, or change its perimeters, with no regard to what is ethically or legally correct, I have no faith in Governance here to honour the scheme, regardless if foreigners purchased the card in good faith.

I'm a visa runner. I'm single, under 50 years of age and self funded. If I am refused entry to Thailand, for a while, it's no big deal to me. There are many great places in South East Asia to spend some time.

My whole life will not fall apart if I am not living in Thailand.

Ever since the visa crack down, this forum has been full of threads with panicing members.

No need to panic so much, as to part with 500k baht that buys you a piece of plastic that gives you no more rights to be in Thailand than any other foreigner. :)

• Like 1

There seems to be a lot of posts on this thread directed, personally, at members. There's really no need for personal attacks.

I can only speak for myself, and the Elite Card is a product that is not good value for money for me.

Similarly, I will not purchase land in Thailand, because which ever way you look at it, I can never own it. To me, that's not a wise economic decision, no matter how well off I may be.

I can afford an Elite Card, but as they can cancel the scheme, or change its perimeters, with no regard to what is ethically or legally correct, I have no faith in Governance here to honour the scheme, regardless if foreigners purchased the card in good faith.

I'm a visa runner. I'm single, under 50 years of age and self funded. If I am refused entry to Thailand, for a while, it's no big deal to me. There are many great places in South East Asia to spend some time.

My whole life will not fall apart if I am not living in Thailand.

Ever since the visa crack down, this forum has been full of threads with panicing members.

No need to panic so much, as to part with 500k baht that buys you a piece of plastic that gives you no more rights to be in Thailand than any other foreigner. :)

Your absaloutley right its not right for everyone. I personally have friends family and a holiday home here and like to come and go as I please. I can afford it without breaking the bank. I love Thailand and the people and have no interest in being anywhere else except the odd holiday to Pennang which I love. Not having to leave gives me that peace of mind If I choose to but you rightly point out its not right for everyone. Wishing you the very best.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Still is a good option for some people, should be cool if can be paid yearly or in shorter periods

The option of 1M 5 years per family, can be very helpful

I don't know how my parents can come to live with me but this create a expensive one possibility, but better than nothing

Still the price is excessive, I checked the benefits and the business partners and not look so credible.

This will work only by the visa crackdown I don't think in another way that this can be possible.

Notice that there is a yearly fee of 200k or 20k, someone can confirm this?

Edited by ITGabs