Who's this elite card for?

>I have a question for you, and other members in a similar position. Have you ever contemplated a day may come when you simply can't live here, for whatever reason? Do you have a "Plan B" - a back up plan?

Sure - but the 500KThB Easy Access Elite option is preferable. So, I'm going to reluctantly plop down the money, and hope that the PE visas aren't arbitrarily cancelled during the next five years (I don't think they will be, irrespective of the status of the program, but one never knows,) while also hoping that some sort of positive change takes place in the next five years (at which time I'll be old enough to qualify for a retirement visa, assuming that it hasn't been done away with or radically altered).
Edited by disambiguated

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My whole life will not fall apart if I am not living in Thailand.

And that's the difference between you and several of us who have decided that the 500K ThB Elite Easy Access card is our least worst choice, at present - we have non-financial considerations to take into account.

I understand many members have financial and/or emotional ties in Thailand. I have the luxury of being able to leave of my own accord, or be refused entry by Thai Immigration, and it's no real big deal for me.

I have a question for you, and other members in a similar position. Have you ever contemplated a day may come when you simply can't live here, for whatever reason? Do you have a "Plan B" - a back up plan?

As foreiginers, we have no right at all to live here. We are all just guests. It doesn't matter how many houses you have bought here or if you have a wife and/or children - you will be on some form of visa.

Any visa can be terminated, at anytime, or, the goal posts changed to make the criteria difficult for many to meet.

You keep hearing the argument, "The Thai Governmnet would never do that because the country would go broke" but it's a serious question.

The Elite Card has come to the rescue of many members, but do you, and others, have a contingency plan for the possibility of not being able to reside here in the future, for whatever reason?

You're right to a point. Can you really see them kicking out people that have the correct visa and have a child?

It's not about being right, or wrong. I simply asked a question, which you have answered with another question.

It's interesting for me, because ever since this visa crack down came into effect, many have been in a panic about how to remain within Thailand, as if buying a card, or a visa in a passport, gives them the right to reside here, forever.

I was just wondering if these members have ever contemplated a future without living in Thailand.

>I have a question for you, and other members in a similar position. Have you ever contemplated a day may come when you simply can't live here, for whatever reason? Do you have a "Plan B" - a back up plan?

Sure - but the 500KThB Easy Access Elite option is preferable. So, I'm going to reluctantly plop down the money, and hope that the PE visas aren't arbitrarily cancelled during the next five years (I don't think they will be, irrespective of the status of the program, but one never knows,) while also hoping that some sort of positive change takes place in the next five years (at which time I'll be old enough to qualify for a retirement visa, assuming that it hasn't been done away with or radically altered).

That's the essence of my post, if visa laws were "radically altered" with criteria changed, for whatever reasons, and usually such reasons lack common sense here. Eg. retirement visa now 60 years of age, Elite Cards canceled etc etc - do you, and other members, have a contingency plan?

If I am refused entry, I am opting for my contingency plan, rather than the Elite Card, so, on that basis, I couldn't care what Thailand does, which gives me a sense of freedom, security and control over my future.

Hypothetically, if the whole visa system was ridiculously "radially altered" - are you, and others, prepared for it?

My whole life will not fall apart if I am not living in Thailand.

And that's the difference between you and several of us who have decided that the 500K ThB Elite Easy Access card is our least worst choice, at present - we have non-financial considerations to take into account.

I understand many members have financial and/or emotional ties in Thailand. I have the luxury of being able to leave of my own accord, or be refused entry by Thai Immigration, and it's no real big deal for me.

I have a question for you, and other members in a similar position. Have you ever contemplated a day may come when you simply can't live here, for whatever reason? Do you have a "Plan B" - a back up plan?

As foreiginers, we have no right at all to live here. We are all just guests. It doesn't matter how many houses you have bought here or if you have a wife and/or children - you will be on some form of visa.

Any visa can be terminated, at anytime, or, the goal posts changed to make the criteria difficult for many to meet.

You keep hearing the argument, "The Thai Governmnet would never do that because the country would go broke" but it's a serious question.

The Elite Card has come to the rescue of many members, but do you, and others, have a contingency plan for the possibility of not being able to reside here in the future, for whatever reason?

You're right to a point. Can you really see them kicking out people that have the correct visa and have a child?

It's not about being right, or wrong. I simply asked a question, which you have answered with another question.

It's interesting for me, because ever since this visa crack down came into effect, many have been in a panic about how to remain within Thailand, as if buying a card, or a visa in a passport, gives them the right to reside here, forever.

I was just wondering if these members have ever contemplated a future without living in Thailand.

I think that is a question for any expat staying here just now, not just for elite card members....I don't think anyone would be naive enough not to have thought that....but that isn't my priority...my objective as of now is to stay in Thailand, and I can still be a frequent visitor via the elite card system, so that works for me ...in 5 years when the time comes after it's expiry I will look at available options again...and deal with it then ...I will live for today just now thanks ....

There is so many if's and maybe's surrounding the anti elite card debate here ...no real solid base case against it, who is to say they don't take away the VEE for your home country tomorrow , or maybe the world will end tomorrow ....the only real argument I hear is it cost efficient ....for people like myself who have worked hard all their life to be able to at least slightly to afford to take that choice, then that is my choice ..in my case and I am sure many others it will pay for itself over the 5 years easily ...

• Like 2

Well I have a 5 year visa in my passport right now which covers my immediate needs. Should anything happen to prevent me living here in the future I'll just move somewhere else, it's not a big deal really.

All I need is a good supply of western food, my day to day requirements are not too high.

Right now I choose to live in Thailand, that's a decision I made some years ago. For a long time I preferred to live in Europe but I got bored with that and eventually moved here.

Who knows what the future holds or where we'll end up, that's all part of the fun isn't it.

Edited by ukrules

To the few members that have replied, it's just a hypothetical question. It's not about being "anti-elite card."

It's interesting for me, because for so many years, so many people had a real belief they had a right to be residing in Thailand, because a stamp, or a sticker, in their passport gave them that right.

Many, including myself, are finding out, under the visa crack down, that this is certainly not the case.

I was just wondering if members had considered a life outside Thailand, by force, or the thought would be so unbearable they would take a balcony dive.

To the few members that have replied, it's just a hypothetical question. It's not about being "anti-elite card."

It's interesting for me, because for so many years, so many people had a real belief they had a right to be residing in Thailand, because a stamp, or a sticker, in their passport gave them that right.

Many, including myself, are finding out, under the visa crack down, that this is certainly not the case.

I was just wondering if members had considered a life outside Thailand, by force, or the thought would be so unbearable they would take a balcony dive.

But there's no new rules, all they are doing is enforcing them. Thailand is still really easy to live in with the correct visa.

To be honest, that's why I think it will go back to being relaxed again in the future.

Remember the scare a while ago where you could only have 3 back to back visa exemption stamps, and then you had to be outside Thailand for 6 month - or something similar to this. It all faded away.

I think this crack down will fade away as well, except for the overstayer punishment, but I have my plan in place in case it doesn't.

• Like 1

But there's no new rules, all they are doing is enforcing them. Thailand is still really easy to live in with the correct visa.

To be honest, that's why I think it will go back to being relaxed again in the future.

Remember the scare a while ago where you could only have 3 back to back visa exemption stamps, and then you had to be outside Thailand for 6 month - or something similar to this. It all faded away.

I think this crack down will fade away as well, except for the overstayer punishment, but I have my plan in place in case it doesn't.

There's a different feel to this compared to others. I can't make my mind up if they will or won't.

That's the essence of my post, if visa laws were "radically altered" with criteria changed, for whatever reasons, and usually such reasons lack common sense here. Eg. retirement visa now 60 years of age, Elite Cards canceled etc etc - do you, and other members, have a contingency plan?

If I am refused entry, I am opting for my contingency plan, rather than the Elite Card, so, on that basis, I couldn't care what Thailand does, which gives me a sense of freedom, security and control over my future.

Hypothetically, if the whole visa system was ridiculously "radially altered" - are you, and others, prepared for it?

Well you asked the question. Im fortunate my wife has duel UK/Thai nationality so if the worst happens she would sell the 70 rai ( worth 4 times now what she paid 6 years ago) Sell the house and pull all our money out of Thailand and retire to Cornwall which we love. But until you asked the question not really thought about it. I love this place. So we are blessed really. Live for today. Worry tommorow. Thailand gets you that way x
  • Like 1

Nah..not angry at all! I just despise lab rats.

English is but one of the 8 languages I speak. Like to meet for an intellectual verbal spar?

With every post a new low!

After the predictable "you are too poor to afford Elite card", now we have all too common I can speak 8 languages thanks to google translate.

Another internet warrior who likes to dish out advice to newbies.

Stay Away u newbie backpacker.... you can't mix with us hi-so Elite Farang!

clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You can't mix with us hi-so Farang living in Pattaya!!!

giggle.gif

lololololol

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

If you can afford an Elite Card, why would you work?

Because after chucking your last 500k to get a visa in a country you so desperately want to be in, you still have to eat.

Well, some Thailand Elite members may have a few other millions to "eat"...

Some may have a few hundred millions to "eat"... (You probably don't believe this one).

Some may even have a few billions to "eat"... (You definitely don't believe this one).

Of course, I would not recommend anyone who has to "chuck his last 500k to get a visa" to, even remotely, consider being a Thailand Elite member.

Thailand Elite is for financially comfortable people, the others should find another solution.

And those who need to work should apply for a work permit.

Peace :)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Well you asked the question. Im fortunate my wife has duel UK/Thai nationality so if the worst happens she would sell the 70 rai ( worth 4 times now what she paid 6 years ago) Sell the house and pull all our money out of Thailand and retire to Cornwall which we love. But until you asked the question not really thought about it. I love this place. So we are blessed really. Live for today. Worry tommorow. Thailand gets you that way x

Like I said, it's surprising many members haven't at least contemplated a life outside of Thailand, hence, this forum running red hot the last couple of weeks since notice of the visa crack down.

Like you, I also live for today, but I plan for tomorrow, and that plan has always included the posibility that I could not reside in Thailand, for whatever reason.

Interesting you would go back to the UK. Why not another country in SEA?

Like I said, it's surprising many members haven't at least contemplated a life outside of Thailand, hence, this forum running red hot the last couple of weeks since notice of the visa crack down.

Like you, I also live for today, but I plan for tomorrow, and that plan has always included the posibility that I could not reside in Thailand, for whatever reason.

I can never see them kicking out people with families that live here legally. I'm no expert on law but surely if they did it would become a humanitarian issue that could be brought up at the UN or some other high powered global power base?

Edited by Franky Bear

Because I love Thailand. I love the people. I love the unique Thainess there is no other country like it in SE Asia or anywhere IMHO. But each to his/her own. My wife is Thai and she and the culture made me a better person. Where would you suggest? Singapore? Malaysia? Not for us. On the subject of the 5 year elite card it was launched I believe last September so any connection between this and the current crackdown is unfounded. Yes thanks to Thai Visa many became aware of it but if id known about it when we moved here ( last September) id have gone for it. I love Penang BTW but only for a few days shopping. They all seam a little stressed for me. Maybe its the ex British Colony thing that makes them that way. Anyway live life. Live Love but most of all love Thailand. :)
  • Like 1

I am a official agent of Thailand Elite, due to time constraint I don't usually read forum.

Here is my website www.thai-elite.com, which I try to improve from time to time include some common FAQ.

With regard to the Elite visa, please visit:

http://www.thai-elite.com/elite-visa.html

Hope you guys find it useful.

Do not click this link. There envy has sunk new depths.

I am a official agent of Thailand Elite, due to time constraint I don't usually read forum.

Here is my website www.thai-elite.com, which I try to improve from time to time include some common FAQ.

Thanks

Any options for a guy like me who likes to go hardcore native and retreat to a jungle setting and live on tropical fruits and not come out for say a 2 year period?

Remembering to come out every 3 months would be a pain

• Like 1

Take a deep breath, that is a regular website by an official representative agent of "Thailand Privilege Card Company".

• Like 1

Take a deep breath, that is a regular website by an official representative agent of "Thailand Privilege Card Company".

Then why not use the correct URL? And Paz how would you know. Did you click on it. And why did they refer to my website and not the offcial URL?

Then why not use the correct URL? And Paz how would you know. Did you click on it. And why did they refer to my website and not the offcial URL?

What do you mean "your website" ? Thai Privilege Card Company has multiple representatives as sales channels. Each one is free to set their own website and marketing.

The domain registration is hidden behind an anonymous privacy service...

Also it's hosted on a free hosting provider named weebly.com...

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

The IP address is not, weebly is a regular site hosting service. It is not free after trial, a common industry practice.

If one suspects fraud should provide more details before making accusations.

Name Weebly, Inc. Handle WEEBL-1 Street 564 Pacific Ave City San Francisco State/Province CA Postal Code 94133 Country US Registration Date 2009-02-03 Last Updated

2014-07-16

Edited by paz

What's the problem? Looks like a legit site. Although I think investment visa is a better deal I appreciate if real agent would be posting here from time to time.

From a hidden whois and coming from you ill take it as fake. Anyway got my visa already.
  • Like 1

The IP address is not, weebly is a regular site hosting service. It is not free after trial, a common industry practice.

If one suspects fraud should provide more details before making accusations.

Name Weebly, Inc. Handle WEEBL-1 Street 564 Pacific Ave City San Francisco State/Province CA Postal Code 94133 Country US Registration Date 2009-02-03 Last Updated

2014-07-16

No accusations. Whoever registered the domain is hiding their details behind the godaddy privacy service.

Registrant Name: Registration Private

Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC

I just assumed it was a free hosted domain based on what I saw on this webpage where weebly are advertising a free hosting service : http://www.weebly.com/features/#!/free-web-hosting