Legend Car Windors Film / Tint Good or Not ? Similar to 3M in term of prices...

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Just get the 3M. Market leading product, high quality, known manufacturer with good reputation. Why bother with an unknown brand if the price is so similar ?

I agree, but wondering why some famous shops propose only Legend as film.

8 hours ago, bleble said:

I agree, but wondering why some famous shops propose only Legend as film.

A larger profit margin ? A marketing agreement ? Could be lots of reasons. But one thing I'm sure of is, many businesses here are more concerned with their margin than customer satisfaction. I prefer to do my own research rather than listen to a salesperson. 

I also prefer to use brands that are marketed in the West. That way I know that any advertised claims have to be substantiated by law.  Also if the product has failed to perform there will be a lot of feedback online. It's much easier to check specs and read customer reviews. 

Edited by Pdaz
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pdaz said:

A larger profit margin ? A marketing agreement ? Could be lots of reasons. But one thing I'm sure of is, many businesses here are more concerned with their margin than customer satisfaction. I prefer to do my own research rather than listen to a salesperson. 

I also prefer to use brands that are marketed in the West. That way I know that any advertised claims have to be substantiated by law.  Also if the product has failed to perform there will be a lot of feedback online. It's much easier to check specs and read customer reviews. 

So you put 3M on your car ? Also on windshield ? CR70 or darker ? Thanks.

21 hours ago, bleble said:

So you put 3M on your car ? Also on windshield ? CR70 or darker ? Thanks.

Yes I have 3M crystaline on my car. CR70 all round and CR40 on the sunroof.

It may not be dark enough for some people. But I'm more concerned about being able to see at night than ultimate privacy. It does a good job at keeping the heat out.

IMG_4589.JPG.13aa53ddb29ed83171c297b8f5ad7f48.JPG

35 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

It may not be dark enough for some people. But I'm more concerned about being able to see at night than ultimate privacy. It does a good job at keeping the heat out.

Yes, not dark enough on side...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whats that fin for on the back?

Clothes line or something?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

On 11/17/2017 at 8:55 AM, madmax2 said:

Never had a problem with widow film here, just use what the car dealer supplies for free :smile:

I know it was over ten years back but at Toyota they had there own tint bay, they showed me all the tints on offer, as my ride was blue l thought the blue one will look cool. They said, oh that one only has a one year guarantee, l said no ploblem, see how it goes...It is still perfect now in it's eleventh year...:stoner:

OH, it cost 3,000bht all round except only the top 8 inches of the screen..:smile:

• Like 1

I have always had CR on both my previous lumps. This time I wanted the same stuff but Toyota said that they don't put CR on the new Fortuner as it doesn't look visually nice. They suggested a dark tint but only 15. They did a side window so I could see what vision I had and it was perfectly fine. You cant see in it from the outside though. Like TA I only had the tint on the screen top part.

Sorry cant tell you the price.  Cost for every tint was free all part of the freebees I received.

IMGP0019.JPG

Edited by fredob43

On 15/11/2017 at 12:37 PM, edgarfriendly said:

is there a topic with more in depth tinting discussion?

particularly interested in fitters and pricing, for a friend

Yes ...several ...just do a search ...car window film or similar ...

Legend Film and several others are at Motor Expo now ... CR are not there ...

Edited by JAS21
Can't spell