Refused entry ED visa

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An education VISA is for learning Thai..

Completely wrong!  An educatiuon visa in Thailand is for learning any language or other types of classes.   

Read my earlier posts about my friend almost get refused entry learning English ,  

Now if you contact the school before you leave the kingdom they will give you a letter to show the immigration so they understand youre actually a student studying other languages than Thai.

A lot of Russians on ED visas  has been questioned recently because the immigration thinks they are studying Thai .   So the school in Pattaya now provide all the students with a letter that confirms they are studying English .  

Edited by balo

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The entry denied stamp will probably lead to questioning when you try to enter again. Based on what answers you provide to their questions they will decide to let you enter or not.

I suggest when you get back home apply for a brand new passport !

The stamp might be in the passport, but the refusal and details are also recorded in the immigration database. A new passport doesn't solve that.

It does solve it in MOST cases. 

One could come unstuck if the IO conducts anything more than a visual inspection of a passport at the border. 

I'd imagine there are going to be a lot of new passports being thrust under immigration's nose in the coming months which could lead to automatic database searches on name and DOB but, as it stands currently, it's the best bet.

Failing that, I know folks who've been deported AND blacklisted to return in 3-6 months with a blemish-free immigration record after parting with a cool 250K

• Like 1

Maybe you didn't apply for re-entry that's why they refused to extend your visa because you don't have proper visa when you get off from Thailand before. If you applied for re-entry there's no problem in the immigration. One more reason maybe is your Thai. Maybe you can't conversate properly with the Thai immigration officer. Good luck for the next personal appearance.

Well, as for me, I really doubt one could be denied entry having a valid ED visa, paid language course + paid reentry permit, no matter how good student he/she was. Also, even if his/her visa would be canceled, he/she should still get the 30 days visa exempt entry.

Entry to the country is always at the ultimate discretion of the immigration office at the point of entry.

Having a visa or otherwise is no guarantee of entry

he wpould have to have some real reasons to refuse the entry, especially if the immigration has previously granted a reentry permit so his decision would go directly against the inland immigration issuing the reentry permit

DeeMak9,

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.    

I'm curious about which airport you were entering at and what the procedure was after you were denied entry?   Did they hold you in a detention area or did you have free run as if in transit?