Buying a pickup with 25% deposit- loan with wife as guarantor. Contract question

Im 'attempting' to buy a pickup with finance. I want the car in my name not my wife's and intend to pay monthly payments over 84 months. I have decided I want to buy an Isuzu. 

A week ago I was close to deciding on another brand of pickup and the village idiot salesman was trying to ask me for 5000 deposit. 

My wife and I are soon to present all documents to the Isuzu dealer. Its been suggested on the phone that I should be paying 5000 deposit to show my commitment to the deal.  The guy says it will take 3 days to get approval. He said that I would get a receipt for this. 

Is this correct? Is it normal to pay 5k deposit. I think its a load of B.S and would prefer to wait for the actual approval to come back in 3 days and then book the actual car and finalise the contract. It seems logical to then pay 5k if necessary. 

Please share your experiences if you recently purchased a car in thailand with finance. 

It's a booking deposit, the dealer does not want to do all the paperwork get the approval then to have someone say , 'no changed me mind'

The deposit would normally be returned if the financing proposal was turned down.

Would not hurt to have the dealer add to the deposit receipt that it is dependant on the financing being approved.

Ive never played the Deposit Game.I say get it for me, Shake Hands ,and if they want more i Walk..normally over to Honda or Nissan.thumbsup.gif

I guess that could be the reason you drive a 20 year old truck but want all of us to believe you drive a 2008 Civic lol

Ive never played the Deposit Game.I say get it for me, Shake Hands ,and if they want more i Walk..normally over to Honda or Nissan.thumbsup.gif

You only buy Hondas anyway so why are you bullshitting about other makes ?

• Like 1

Never have or had Finance here. 3.5 Mil of Cars in My Name,Changed every 2 Years. Not a Teacher or Brit Winger James. biggrin.png , Just an Honest Retired Grumpy Old Man,who will not tolerate anyone questioning My Word or Handshake. Thai Bob is right in the case of Finance, but if you dont want it Walk Out.

Never have or had Finance here. 3.5 Mil of Cars in My Name,Changed every 2 Years. Not a Teacher or Brit Winger James. biggrin.png , Just an Honest Retired Grumpy Old Man,who will not tolerate anyone questioning My Word or Handshake. Thai Bob is right in the case of Finance, but if you dont want it Walk Out.

Good to hear ;)

So tell us what you drive besides the civic? 

Dont Laugh James, a Chevy Trailblazer for My Son.Mrs Pop has the Accord Blingy Thingy and i hobble round in a Civic Navi like the poor relation. I wanted a Navara,but it was Socially Unacceptable in Hi So Circles. Looked at the new Nissan today, nice, sure to give the New Toyota a run..Toyota have shot themselves in the foot.How can they Advertise the ALL NEW  ploy when they have used it for every Hi Lux upgrade of a Vigo for 15 years..The All New Bloated  Yank Tacoma Lookalike. perhaps. Or Were now as Ugly as a Wildtrak .thumbsup.gif

Dont Laugh James, a Chevy Trailblazer for My Son.Mrs Pop has the Accord Blingy Thingy and i hobble round in a Civic Navi like the poor relation. I wanted a Navara,but it was Socially Unacceptable in Hi So Circles. Looked at the new Nissan today, nice, sure to give the New Toyota a run..Toyota have shot themselves in the foot.How can they Advertise the ALL NEW  ploy when they have used it for every Hi Lux upgrade of a Vigo for 15 years..The All New Bloated  Yank Tacoma Lookalike. perhaps. Or Were now as Ugly as a Wildtrak .thumbsup.gif

That's why I bought a Navara - to avoid Hi So Circles :)

• Like 1