How are you going to die?

thailiketoo

About 1 out of 8 die in their sleep.  That's OK by me.  Of the old guys I've known in Thailand none died of a long term health issue.  Take ten guys I knew.  1 died in a hospital AIDS.  3 died in accidents on the road.  1 died accident home (fell and hit his head).  1 his wife shot him.  1 died after a 3 years in bed because he broke his back in a fall from a tree.  2 died of cancer after an operation and chemo it took 2 years most of the time at home.  1 died at a bar from a brain aneurysm.  If my math is right that's about 60% died in Thailand and didn't use any health insurance during that process.  So maybe if one looks at the actual way old folks die in Thailand health insurance is not such a big deal here?  It is nice to have health insurance but what are the odds that an old guy in Thailand really needs it? 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either: a) of cardiovascular disease in my late fifties or sixties; or (b ) if I look after myself, then quietly of a stroke in my office at the ripe old age of 87.

Or who knows? Maybe by then biological immortality will be possible, and I will be some sort of cybernetic organism.

Edited by Fellini

i know this already. it will be suicide. but no immediate or even short term need. one step in front of the other going nowhere special till then.

That would certainly be a viable option if the alternative is one of a slow painful death.

Although I agree with your statement I find the use of the word "viable" odd in this context.

Either: a) of cardiovascular disease in my late fifties or sixties; or (b ) if I look after myself, then quietly of a stroke in my office at the ripe old age of 87.

Or who knows? Maybe by then, biological immortality will be possible, and I will be some sort of cybernetic organism.

I see your demise more of a construction accident... when that bridge collapses on you

• Like 1

I didn't think we had a choice unless we take our own life, otherwise I believe, "Shit Happens," and then we're on our way out. That's what prompted me to early retirement as shit started happening to too many of my friends and co-workers......

Enjoy what you have left.
  • Like 1

Tired of arguing with yourself about WWII, so is this your next depressing topic

What can I conclude from your post ?..... stay away from you... your a Jinx...whistling.gif

Actually there is another thread running about retirement in Thailand and most people make a big deal out of health insurance.  It got me to thinking most of the people I know did not use health insurance when they died here. 

Actually it is quite important.  If one makes a decision to stay on Mincing lane rather than Nakon Nowhere because of health insurance he may be deprived of a pleasant retirement just because of some anti old folks troll. 

I see your demise more of a construction accident... when that bridge collapses on you

A friend of a friend of mine died in a construction accident.

But hey, I'm prepared for everything. Death is nothing to fear.

Edited by Fellini
  • Like 2

i know this already. it will be suicide. but no immediate or even short term need. one step in front of the other going nowhere special till then.

That would certainly be a viable option if the alternative is one of a slow painful death.

Although I agree with your statement I find the use of the word "viable" odd in this context.

Viable....feasible, workable, practicable, practical, usable, possible, realistic, achievable, attainable, realizable;

informaldoable

Too young to even think, how I'm going to die.

But as you brought up the subject, why not on top of a gorgeous girl, and at the moment of the final ecstasy?

Not a bad way to go............

I had a cardiac event that way myself.  The ladies were quite helpful getting me to a hospital and sorted out.  It pays to have friends or you pay to have friends either way works for me. 

They could put signs in the bar window, defibrillator on premises. 

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 2

Too young to even think, how I'm going to die.

But as you brought up the subject, why not on top of a gorgeous girl, and at the moment of the final ecstasy?

Not a bad way to go............

Costas

I figured your death would as a direct result of trying to milk something you shouldnt, eg rabies from a badger bite...biggrin.png

Who is Costas?

Thought my name is Colin.

As about milking, the good doctor told me to avoid practicing in excess.

Even tried to change my avatar, but the system wouldn't accept it.........I said the system..........

• Like 1

I have so much joy to look forward in my life that the concept of dying is decades away for me.

Not that I'm immortal ... just that based on the lifespan of my parents (passed in their 80's) and relatives, most of whom are in their nineties ... that's at least a generation away.

I feel for the OP though.

The glow of the setting sun no longer warms his skin ... and that has to be a tough gig.

So, for me ... the focus is more on what I can achieve in the next 30 or 40 years then contemplating how eventually I will leave this mortal coil.

• Like 1

Thought my name is Colin.

As about milking, the good doctor told me to avoid practicing in excess.
Even tried to change my avatar, but the system wouldn't accept it.........I said the system..........

So... you aren't Greek? Does this mean you have nothing to do SYRIZA either? Bummer.

Greece_2296452b.jpg Edited by Fellini
  • Like 1

Crushed by an elephant while drinking in a bar. My last glimpse of life, as I know it, will be the forehead of huge Thai elephant, as leo beer gushes out of every single one of my orifices. In view, will be my last 100 baht in the hand of the mahout, as he, almost ceremoniously, strikes the elephant on his hind quarters, goading him on.

Crushed by an elephant while drinking in a bar. My last glimpse of life, as I know it, will be the forehead of huge Thai elephant, as leo beer gushes out of every single one of my orifices. In view, will be my last 100 baht in the hand of the mahout, as he, almost ceremoniously, strikes the elephant on his hind quarters, goading him on.

Whilst drinking a Chang, now that would be ironic.

• Like 1

I have so much joy to look forward in my life that the concept of dying is decades away for me.

Not that I'm immortal ... just that based on the lifespan of my parents (passed in their 80's) and relatives, most of whom are in their nineties ... that's at least a generation away.

I feel for the OP though.

The glow of the setting sun no longer warms his skin ... and that has to be a tough gig.

So, for me ... the focus is more on what I can achieve in the next 30 or 40 years then contemplating how eventually I will leave this mortal coil.

This really is not the attitude to go through life with.

Your time is not guaranteed.

Best to get it through your head that you can go at any time and make the most of today.

• Like 2

Ask the lady owner of Lek's in Pattaya what happened the night the angry elephant charged the bar.  Tell her Roy told you to ask. 

• Like 2