Thailand to waive visa fees for Chinese, Taiwanese tourists

Thailand to waive visa fees for Chinese, Taiwanese tourists
By Digital Content 

14069663575214-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 2 -- In an effort to boost tourism, Permanent Secretary for Foreign Affairs Sihasak Puangketkeow said he and tourism related agencies had sought and received approval from the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to waive visa fees for tourists from China and Taiwan for three months, starting from August.

Currently, more than six million Chinese tourists visit Thailand annually, said Mr Sihasak.

He said the decision to waive the visa fee for tourists from China and Taiwan is also part of the planned 40th anniversary celebrations of diplomatic relations between China and Thailand.

A meeting will be held by the Interior Ministry next Monday and an order will be issued and enforced immediately, said Mr Sihasak, adding that the Immigration Bureau will then be informed on the temporary waiving of visa fees for citizens of both countries. (MCOT online news)

[tna]2014-08-02[/tna]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If some of these anti-Chinese TVF posters were put in charge of immigration, they'd ban all Chinese, Arabs, Indians, Nigerians, Ghanians, Kenyans, South Africans (except the white ones), Pakistanis, Israelis, Brits with names like "Ali", Bangladeshis...pretty soon, Thailand would have a thriving, Whites-only tourist industry--all high-spending, non-sexpaty, neat and tidy, well-behaved, temple-visiting quality tourists.

My guess is, they just want all the girlie bars, massage joints, soapies and cheap, hole-in-the-wall restaurants all to themselves. That's not racism, that's just selfishness.

T

You missed a nationality, if the TV bigots had their way, they would ban all Thai's, except the young ladies, manning the girlie bars massage joints and soapies

Yeah, Thai's have their uses.

T

If some of these anti-Chinese TVF posters were put in charge of immigration, they'd ban all Chinese, Arabs, Indians, Nigerians, Ghanians, Kenyans, South Africans (except the white ones), Pakistanis, Israelis, Brits with names like "Ali", Bangladeshis...pretty soon, Thailand would have a thriving, Whites-only tourist industry--all high-spending, non-sexpaty, neat and tidy, well-behaved, temple-visiting quality tourists.

My guess is, they just want all the girlie bars, massage joints, soapies and cheap, hole-in-the-wall restaurants all to themselves. That's not racism, that's just selfishness.

T

You missed a nationality, if the TV bigots had their way, they would ban all Thai's, except the young ladies, manning the girlie bars massage joints and soapies

And even then they'd still complain. No pleasing these losers.
  • Like 2

T

And even then they'd still complain. No pleasing these losers.

"There's no pleasing these losers"
Yes, there is: Every Pizza delivery person is a young lady that offers free BJ, doesn't charge for the Pizza and stays to clean up. Is that beyond the realms of possibility? Not according to some quality movies I've seen. So there's hope for them yet.

T

seems clear to me;
'if ur white  we dont want you
'if ur yellow  come on over

Yes very clear, except most "white" countries are visa exempt smile.png
And 2007/8 was free for whities

Sent from my TRUE BEYOND 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you do not like Thailand, the exit door is wide open.

So silly typists here say "I hate Thailand so much, and I hate it even more for not letting me stay here."

Please, someone tell that this is a silly, even insane position to hold.

Chinese tourists pay to be here;  unlike "some" people.

• Like 1

"quality tourists" - should be "quality money belts"

i hope the gamble pays off...for me all i see is Chinese tourists abusing thailand with their loudness, dirty manners and dis-respect of thais

I have stopped using the restaurants in terminal 21 as I am so sick of the Chinese groups that come in and basically turn the place into a shouting and selfie irritation

Many Thai girls can now hope to hook up with Chinese mainland "casanovas" and possibly moving in with the in-laws at such cosmopolitan, happening places like Wuhan. Paris? London? New York? Wuhan? same same. 

VERY GOOD IDEA ...

I Remember years ago Thailand wanted to get the Russians in ...

... Guess they forgot about the Russian Mafia, which now started all the problems for real Farangs.

OK, LETS get the Chinese, they are good Asian people, ...

... sure most are, ...

... but WELCOME CHINA, only has 1000's (= thousands) of mafia years of experience.

AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT BOTHER ME

Thanks for all the new condominiums, Thailand does NOT need, but PLEASE keep builiding.

Edited by ronthai

The uneducated commonly believe that all "chinese" people are "yellow-skinned", thereby different than Caucasions who are white-skinned. And by this perceived color difference, people establish a "them" versus "us" in terms of establishing cultural superiority and advantage. Yet, the Uyghurs, Kazaks, Khalkhas, Tajiks, Uzbeks and Chinese Russians in Xinjiang have white skin.  Even the predominant Han Chinese are not today a pure bloodline due to breeding with nomadic tribes throughout history, foreign immigrants, and inter-marriages. Thailand's move to waive visa fees for chinese is commercially and politically motivated, not discrimantely motivated.  

People from the Caucasus region (Caucasians) are not white but brown/swarthy skinned people. In fact many Russians discriminate against

them because of there dark not white skin. Caucasian is a euphemism for white. Police trying to be politically correct and not wanting to call

people black  or white which is more accurate in police reports started referring to suspects as African American and Caucasian. Unfortunately

the police did not realize Caucasians were dark skinned. So now most people think Caucasian means white.

They had free visas for round eyes a few years back

Yep.  USA citizens had a bout a two year free Tourist Visa period. While a nice idea, and I visit Thailand once or twice a year between jobs, I never stayed more than 30 days at a time so I couldn't take advantage of saving the $60 bucks or whatever the fee was.

I guess at times the honest are too subtle for their own good ...their own government is not advertising how much they already owned in white countries in case you have screamers like some sampling here screaming murder

Chuckle :) have to laugh ...Thailand is not the first anyway even the Brits have to open up their gates ...it's silly to ignore the governance of tourist money when your economy has nothing to shout about

Greek islands have been open up since the last crisis when they saw lots if EU countries and western folks have good intentions but conditions tied in ...the Chinese came with the cheque books and reopened the ports the port handling and the hotels and tourism there ...no fuss no conditions as long as there is $$$ to be made later

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect Thailand