Farang Pad Thai vendor charms local Thais

webfact

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So,he dated a Thai, learned to cook from her, and he takes the credit? just because my Thai gf taught me how to make really good pad see ew, I would never claim it was my recipe.

Like the rooster taking credit for the sunrise, IMO.

• Like 1

The list as long as your arm, of jobs forbidden to farangs is archaic and should be overhauled. In fact those here on retirement or marriage visas should be allowed to do any work as they are mostly intending to stay for life. Denying people the chance to make a living is ridiculous.

When Thais listen to me speaking Thai and find I am English they often ask me to teach... but when i say I am forbidden by law as I have no degree or certificates or work permit they do not understand and just think i'm lazy...

I think most on retirement do not want to work

• Like 2

Some Thai guy:

"I have to admit, I am amazed by Tony's cooking skill ... I have never seen any other foreigner with such talent."

It's incredible what low esteem Thai people seem to hold farangs in.

Ever heard of a souffle? Bouillabaisse? A properly baked apple pie? Julia <deleted> Child?

As if pad thai is some sort of highly technical dish requiring wide ranging culinary skills. For Pete's sake.

This was on Thai TV last night, some program on every Sunday evening at 8.30pm the wife always wants to watch.

Then it was mentioned of a 'farang' chef cooking high class Thai food at the Dusit in Bangkok, and my wife was astounded that a farang could do this. I commented there are plenty of high class restaurants in farang land where a wok cannot be found!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

Did anyone notice where his stall was? In front of Chai Yo District Municipal Office. That's what I call cheeky.

I wonder how many of us are as happy and content as he seems to be. I hope he continues to enjoy what he obvoiusly loves doing.

• Like 2

And then his problems started....... No working permit !!

there will be no problem,

I worked many years in my wife's company, with my skills I could help her in the business without a work permit,

also no show of money for the one year visa, we needed to show business and tax papers

So,he dated a Thai, learned to cook from her, and he takes the credit? just because my Thai gf taught me how to make really good pad see ew, I would never claim it was my recipe.

Like the rooster taking credit for the sunrise, IMO.

You are jealous?????

Wow. Some of these posts are sad. People saying pad thai is easy blah blah blah....

Very sad bunch....

extremely jealous, yes.

And then his problems started....... No working permit !!

there will be no problem,

I worked many years in my wife's company, with my skills I could help her in the business without a work permit,

also no show of money for the one year visa, we needed to show business and tax papers

Are you sure about this?? I ask because my wife have small shop and I want to help her but I'm afraid of getting fined and deported.