Uk fiance/settlement Vida for self employed sponsor

Hello one and all.

I've had some great advice from the members of this forum in the past and now I've got major issue I need some help with.
To cut a long story short my Thai fiance wants to apply for a fiancé visa so we can get married in England. My Girlfriend has previously received a uk visitors visa earlier this year and has now returned to Thailand.

The problem.
I am a self employed IT contractor and have been for 6 years. I've never been out of work.
I have been paying myself the minimum wage and paying myself in dividends. My p60 shows a low income but my overall take home pay is more than 50,000gbp.
I used a fantastic visa agent for the visitors visa and he got this dispute the first application being refused. It was refused because the last business bank statement showed a balance of less thank 1000gbp. I re-applied with new statements showing a balance of 4000 and it was granted.

I have spent 3 months collecting the documents for the fiance visa but the agent has just told me that he can't apply for this visa due to 2 refusals last week ( 2 men in my exact position.) (Self employed with a minimum wage/dividend payment setup)

So I suppose the answer I am looking for is how can I get the visa people to look at my overall income into my bank account and not my p60.

Had anybody had any experience of this?

Thank you for any help or advice.

Matt

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was in the same boat as you, because your a limited company paying yourself dividends you are classed as self employed even though you are also a PAYE employee.... Because you are a director of a limited company section 9a of appendix FM-SE apply to you as a sponsor... If you read the list of documents you have to produce it is very extensive... In my case would have been about 4,000 sheets of paper... I also pay myself above the requirement as PAYE plus dividends... I chose (or was forced) to resign as a director for 6 months prior to applying, as a salaried employee... Good luck and hope you get there

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thank you Stuart, Paul and the old git. I really appreciate your advice. I think I'm going to get an Immigration Lawyer in London to do this for me.
They are convinced that they can put the application together in such a way that proves my complete income. I remain sceptical but its the best hope that I've got I think.

Thanks again Stuart.

Thank you Stuart, Paul and the old git. I really appreciate your advice. I think I'm going to get an Immigration Lawyer in London to do this for me.
They are convinced that they can put the application together in such a way that proves my complete income. I remain sceptical but its the best hope that I've got I think.

Thanks again Stuart.

How exactly are they going to do that ?   Theoldgit has provided the requirements for a self-employed director ( if that is what you are?).  If you cannot provide the documents listed, then the application will be refused. There is no way around that.

I would get your immigration lawyer to explain how they intend to put the application together. If they tell you that you don't need to provide the specified documents, then I would suggest that something might be wrong. Without knowing any more about them, be very careful before you hand over any money. Ask them to provide a "no visa, no fee" service, as we do.  If you want to contact us for a free consultation, please do.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for your message. They said that they will use all of the documents listed above. They simply said that they will present it in such a way that its clear that I do take home more than the requite amount. I'm not sure if I can name them here but they do have solid reviews online. They were well aware of this problem for contractors. I am going ti get a few more quotes etc but do far this comonay are the only ones that have solid online reviews.
Can I name the main lawyer here?

I think the government document is pretty clear and actually very helpful as government documents go.

Seems to me that even if you don't qualify at this precise moment for whatever reason, they explain to you exactly what you need to do to in the next 6 months to change that.

I'm not sure if you can name them here or not. I'm sure a moderator will let you know.

Are they OISC registered ?

Are they willing to do the visa application on a "no visa, no fee" basis ( that is, you pay no professional agency fee if the visa is refused) ?

I'm not sure if you can name them here or not. I'm sure a moderator will let you know.

Are they willing to do the visa application on a "no visa, no fee" basis ( that is, you pay no professional agency fee if the visa is refused) ?

Hi TVE

Just a quick question im in the same situation as the poster here.  Im looking to apply for the same visa very soon, just waiting for the accountant to finish up end of year accounts etc and submit.  Then I will be looking to apply, just wondering if you have dealt with any similar applications yet to as above, as i would engage your services, (done a visit visa for me a couple of years ago)  my taxable income submitted will be around 32000 this year as a salary and dividends, and shouldnt have a problem supplying all relevant paperwork on the UKBA list.

Cheers

Thai visa express did mine and can vouch for their professionalism... Another agent in pattaya did mine the 1st time and made a balls up of it, also didn't tell me it had been refused.. TVE found out for me after a 5 month wait.. Can't mention the agent on here but I will say he would make a very good terry tibbs impersonator... Pm if you need to know who to steer clear of.. The only way you would qualify currently is by providing accounts certified by your accountant, dividend vouchers, company and personal bank statements, PAYE confirmation of paying tax and ni from inland revenue and certificate of registration of ltd company from companies house for your last tax year.. Regards Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand Edited by stuartsko

Hi Thai visa express. May I ask, you ever got a fiance visa for somebody who is in the same situation as me? I.e. somebody who has less than 18k on their p60
Thanks

We have obtained fiancee visas for applicants whose sponsor is a director of his own limited company, if that is what you are ?  As such, your income can include your salary as a director, and also dividends. Your total income must be at least 18,600 GBP a year.  In addition, you must provide all of the specified evidence, as detailed in theoldgit's post above.

Hi TVE

Just a quick question im in the same situation as the poster here.  Im looking to apply for the same visa very soon, just waiting for the accountant to finish up end of year accounts etc and submit.  Then I will be looking to apply, just wondering if you have dealt with any similar applications yet to as above, as i would engage your services, (done a visit visa for me a couple of years ago)  my taxable income submitted will be around 32000 this year as a salary and dividends, and shouldnt have a problem supplying all relevant paperwork on the UKBA list.

Cheers

We regularly deal with settlement applications for self - employed sponsors.