95 Benzine

KarenBravo

The Caltex station at Kathu traffic lights usually has 95 Benzine, although when I stopped for petrol yesterday they were out of it. 

They never used to. Seems like gas stations have realised that there is still a market for it and I'm sure it's very profitable at over 40 Bt per litre.

The Caltex station at Kathu traffic lights usually has 95 Benzine, although when I stopped for petrol yesterday they were out of it. 

They never used to. Seems like gas stations have realised that there is still a market for it and I'm sure it's very profitable at over 40 Bt per litre.

Well over 40. Think I paid almaost 49 baht at PTT Chaofa west yesterday. Just checked - was 48.75 on web site http://www.pttplc.com/en/pages/home.aspx

When I leave my 250cc twin for a month or more  unused,  the carburetor jets clog up.

Suggested fuel by Thai agent is 95 but I think I have been using 95 ethanol,

Would changing to 95 unleaded stop the jets clogging when I go home?

Any opinions/suggestions?

When I leave my 250cc twin for a month or more  unused,  the carburetor jets clog up.

Suggested fuel by Thai agent is 95 but I think I have been using 95 ethanol,

Would changing to 95 unleaded stop the jets clogging when I go home?

Any opinions/suggestions?

Definitely worth a go.

The ethanol dissolves rubber from rubber tubing  and plastic. This then gets deposited in the jets and carburettor. 

• Like 1

the PTT @ Chaofa east rd used to sell 95 benzene when the pumps first "went yellow"..... then they didn't...... then they did.....then they didn't......now they do again!!!

Edited by illy