Nha Trang ?

cornishcarlos

Hi folks,

Have to join a boat in Nha Trang next month. Was considering flying in a few days early to have a look around, as I have never been to Vietnam :)

Anyone familiar with the area?

Any info on hotels, places to see, nightlife, food worth trying etc..!!

Looking at 3 nights before starting work, so have a little time and would also like to hire a bike and get out into the countryside too.

Thanks

Was there many years ago and it was a nice laid back town with a great beach. I am told that it has been built up since then with a few international quality resorts. If i were you I would go early and have a look around.

Was there many years ago and it was a nice laid back town with a great beach. I am told that it has been built up since then with a few international quality resorts. If i were you I would go early and have a look around.

Inevitable really, anywhere with a nice beach is gonna get hammered :(

Not really a city person, so more interested in getting a bike a touring the local area.

Obviously I would still like to have a nose around the big city lights, so anyone with city info please respond.

Thanks for your reply.

I was in Nha Trang in March for a few days. It is overrun with Russian tourists but that aside it's a great place to visit. Many hotel choices. Google hotels in Nha Trang. and if money is no concern then book one of the 5 star places on the beach but their are many cheaper options too. Easy to rent a motorbike for the day, lots of restaurants etc.

post-11958-0-34490800-1407291128_thumb.j

post-11958-0-71744800-1407291172_thumb.j

post-11958-0-76467600-1407291248_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I spent a week there last march...enjoyed it very much...nice beach, great hotel deals, dirt cheap beer, good walking areas near the beach, perfect weather. Yes lot of Russians but seemed a cut above the pattaya Russians....all in all nha trang is still a great spot to visit.

lot of info here: http://www.travelfish.org/location/vietnam/south_central_vietnam/khanh_hoa/nha_trang