Tourist arrivals in Thailand drop 10.47 percent to 13.6 million in seven months

webfact

Huh?

Ease of what? two hours in traffic to go nowhere in BKK?

You have go to be kidding me?

What Thailand offers can be found anywhere, and for the same or less, depending on what you refer too.

I will pay $5 more er plate to know the food isnt full of pesticides, and there is true food quality,

I will pay double to not have to sit in a hot taxi with no a/c going about as fast as a snail can crawl,

I will pay triple for the massage, because it is on a clean table, and not the floor where someone just got their shoes blown, and lord have mercy, doesnt have 12 ugly Isaan girls crackling out the words, ma aaaaaaaaaaaaaa ggggge...................ma.....sagggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeee like they are ducks caught in a trap,

and, the alcohol is garbage in Thailand, absolute low grade shit, and watered down everywhere because they think we are all idiots

sorry,

there is only one thing about Thailand I liked, and she can't get a visa

And what a lucky girl she must be to find a tourist whit such much respect for her country.

Maybe she is better off staying in this shit country?

No respect for her country, which is full of pimps, and allows people to throw other people off balconies, as long as they are from cambodia, russia, japan, or elsewhere, with no expectations of prosecution, or even a night of questioning

and no respect for her mother, who allows her daughter to continue to be a whore, even after she bought her a house a car and a rental property,

its all ok, because she is the family whore,

no, I dont respect people like this,

if you do,

go lick their KFC leftovers

I knew mate, you've lost the plot. Time to move onto pastures new me thinks. You seem to be a little miffed at Thailand and maybe a quick visit to the Psychiatric unit and don't forget to take your jim-jams and a toothbrush cause reckon you'll be there for a while ..................

• Like 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, everything started nicely, didn't it? Crawckdown on taxi mafia, corrupt politicians, the fascist Bkk troublemakers, beach cleanup, a deeper look (not more I fear) into the deep south... But then they started frightening foreign workers to an extend that they would run and leave in sheer panic (Cambodian workers' story) to finally kill western tourism in an overdose of "now we do everything by the book" by enforcing and tightening visa and documentation requirements to an extend where not only expats, but Thai loving tourists, who returned year after year (some for decades) are now worried about all these visa bu!!$#it so much that they won't come this season and perhaps never return.

Three of our befriended couples won't come back 2014/15 and several friends of mine along the west coast have cancellations for their bungalows and guest houses raining in on a daily basis, especially after the passport fines story. We see in our little business cancellations as well. It's not looking good for this coming season.

I was always the one to stand in for the Thais in any discussion and tried to ease tension whenever it came to Thai bashing or over the top ranting at officials, police, etc. But by now, I personally have had it folks!!! Thailand certainly is number one in the world when it comes to the ability of shooting oneself in the leg. Thailand wouldn't use a pistol, they would use a pump gun to make sure the leg is off for good. Time to hit the brakes now, otherwise this country might tip over the cliff... I currently put selling everything and leaving in consideration, so do friends and business associtaes of mine. Thais might think their country is the greatest in the world and people will stay and invest here whatever harsh rules and regulations they might imply, but be warned Thailand - obviously not only expats, but millions of westerners who loved to visit this country, have been put off by your anti-foreign policies and your anti-foreign, nationalist stances. Enough is enough!!!!

But then they started frightening foreign workers to an extend that they would run and leave in sheer panic

The illegal workers in Thailand ran away in sheer panic. In there predicament of working illegally in Thailand they had no rights, no access to the law and were unable to receive medical treatment in Thailand. 220 000 Cambodians have now registered as legal workers and have access to all the above. I would have thought that was a positive.

finally kill western tourism in an overdose of "now we do everything by the book" 

So in other words they are enforcing existing laws that were previously ignored. Kinda like an overdose of legality!

Thai loving tourists, who returned year after year (some for decades) are now worried about all these visa bu!!$#it so much that they won't come this season and perhaps never return.

WOW, what a bleak picture you paint. Doom and gloom. Must be different tourists that I know though. Most tourists I have spoken to on my recent trip to Phuket have stated they will return every year now the beaches are clear of deck chairs, illegal stalls have been dismantled and the taxi mafia are not threatening them at the airports.

Three of our befriended couples won't come back 2014/15 and several friends of mine along the west coast have cancellations for their bungalows and guest houses raining in on a daily basis, especially after the passport fines story. We see in our little business cancellations as well. It's not looking good for this coming season.

WOW, I am really getting the full dose of doom and gloom today. 5 of my befriended couples in Bangkok said they will be back every year. In fact some have hotels in Phuket are seeing higher bookings than ever before (for August) especially after the beach clean up. They even stated the Junta saved the industry. Of course one would agree daily terrorist attacks in the capital tends to scare away the tourists.

Time to hit the brakes now, otherwise this country might tip over the cliff.

Wow, 3 servings of doom and gloom and the end of Thailand as we no it! Which laws do you suggest the Junta ignore then so the country does not "tip over the edge"?

millions of westerners who loved to visit this country, have been put off by your anti-foreign policies and your anti-foreign, nationalist stances.

WOW…You should write drama novels. I am looking forward to the tourist numbers proving you wrong.

I currently put selling everything and leaving

Say hi to yingluck at the airport on your way out.

Edited by djjamie

saw a interesting bloomberg interview w someone from credit suisse, talking about the global downturn in gaming,

if this is an indicator of discrecionary incomes for tourism in general,

thailand goes to the bottm of the list for tourism, with all their headwinds

1) perceived dictatorship

2) crackdown on visa overstays (no one does that)

3) 13 year old girls beingn raped and killed on trains

4) people being robbed in the new "safe cars"

5) foreigners thrown off buildings

6) thievery and HIV

7) pollution

there's more, but, I need a beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Chinese tourist are not big spender. They came for free tour, free food, free bus, free concert, free protest. They visit places like public park, chiang mai uni etc that pay no entrance fee. Some even paid to come under the Zero Baht Tour scheme organised by shopping gang who make money out of them thru the sales of fake gems and fake bird nest and have Sex with fake ladies.

Chinese tourists represented the biggest arrivals during the seven months of this year with 2.2 million arrivals or a decline by 21.19 percent; 1.04 million Malaysians or a drop by 18.91 percent; 1.02 million Russians

Thailand is going to find that an influx of Chinese tourist will not cover the income generated by foreigner tourists not belonging to Asia. 

Their increase in arrivals would not affect the tourism industry other than airline sales and hotel bookings with which both are probably taking a loss with their promotions. Chinese tourist groups walk around taking pictures. They don't stop for a beer at a watering hole. They don't buy knickknacks and look for the cheapest products they can get. Not exactly generating income for anyone. Then there is there rudeness, aggressive nature and loud speech. All of these equals the best in a tourist any country would be looking for their tourism industry

While I personally dislike the Chinese tourists as well, I think that some of you have allowed your prejudice and bias to blind you to other facts.

The "real" Western tourist tends to come on an FIT basis, staying in maybe 3,4 or 5 stars hotel. They spend money on some shopping and F&B of course but also a lot of their time lying by the pool or on the beach. So primarily, they benefit some hotels and some pubs, which I would imagine are mostly owned by "foreign" parties.

Chinese tourists on the other hand come in tour groups. As such, they require the services of an inbound ground operator - Thai owned. They require the services of tour coaches - Thai owned. They visit "attractions" like the Pattaya Floating market (Thb 200 entrance per person) or Mimosa (Thb 150 entrance per person) - both Thai owned. They eat at local and roadside restaurants - Thai owned. They go for massages and soapies - Thai owned.

See the whole picture?

I can also tell you for a fact that Chinese tourists to Europe today constitutes the biggest spending in many places, including LV, Printemps, Galleries Lafeyette in Paris, diamonds in Amsterdam etc etc.

Don't be so quick to pass judgement based on your lack or experience and knowledge of such matters.

Yes, I think what some people are trying to say is, is that the up-market Chinese tourists go to London and Paris. But the down-market ones are turning up in Thailand !

Actually, let's look at this in a different way. We have a football stadium, and yes, there's plenty more room. The number of spectators is actually falling. Now, a lot of those spectators buy the cheaper tickets, but still, those spectators are still paying for those tickets. By all means, try to attract back the spectators who were buying the expensive tickets, but what's the point of refusing to attract the ones who are buying the cheaper tickets ? If those who are buying the cheaper tickets are going to be restricted, well, that's not going to help or boost ticket revenue !!

And how many tourists from Europe and America are refusing to turn up in Thailand because of the Chinese tourists ? Surely, very few ? The American and European tourists are turning up in fewer numbers because of stuff that is nothing to do with the Chinese tourists. And I agree, people massively exaggerate the problems that Chinese tourists create.

How many Chinese tourists do you see, pissed out of there minds, walking back to there hotels ? Hardly ever. Now, European and American ones, yes. And yes, sometimes in Pattaya, you do see people pissing onto the street, late at night, when walking back to their hotel, or puking onto the street. But they're not Chinese though, are they ? They're from Europe or America !   smile.png

Yes, Thailand needs all tourists, Chinese and Europeans. And when Thailand is packed solid, when there's no more room left, then, only then, should Thailand restrict certain tourists. Restrict the  Chinese ones who are rude, and restrict the European ones who get pissed out of their minds and are a nuisance. Outside of Pattaya, does Thailand actually want people who are drunk, and walking the streets back to their hotel ??
smile.png

yes I do see chinese getting so pissed all over thailand. maybe not where you have been, but believe me they do, they just don't go around where you go, that's why you don't see them. You will be shocked how well and quickly chinese blend into thai locals... 

I had a shop in thailand for years and dealt with tourists from around the world. For sure thais hate having chinese around. I am pretty amazed local friends who never said a single negative comment on anything in their life now are complaining about chinese. they keep their thai smile on though.

and DO THAILAND OUTSIDE PATTAYA WANT DRUNK PEOPLE AROUND WALKING ON THE STREET? 

YES