Got my yellow tabien baan (house book for farang) today

To make things easyer and less complicated, my Thai friends supported me to get the Yellow Tabien Baan at the district Amphoe.

It tooked less then 2 hours to complete all the forms and run the program in the office to print the Tabien Baan...

One more happy person in Thailand now.. Me...

No more need for a new residence certificate... no more hassle to get things going by my self...

Next step a ID card for Farang, it takes away the need to carry your passport in the same province as where you live...

It all boil's down to the point that Thailand can be very friendly towards friendly farang,

Where ?

Lampang Province, Mae Prik district

Most helpfull and nice people i have ever met in Thailand

BTW, it was their first time ever... registering a Farang...

Edited by kovaltech

• 1 month later...

I hope you don´t mind me chiming in with a quick question.

I only arrived in BKK this week on an METV. However, I plan to stay long term in Thailand, so will have to reapply for visas when the current ones expires later this year etc. I am currently renting a condo from a Thai couple who happen to live in Germany but they are currently visiting family over here. So my quick question is:

Provided that the owner of the property I am renting would be supportive, would there be any chance for me to apply for getting my name in the yellow book? Or is it a waste of time given that I am not on a Non-O long term visa etc? Given the advantages of having a yellow book, I thought I at least as the pros on TV. Thank you!

Cheers

DUS

I heard its useless.

My friend got benz on finance.

Then when he pay it off they asked proof of adress, he brought yellow book they said nooo goood mister.

Still forced him to get immigration letter

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I hope you don´t mind me chiming in with a quick question.

I only arrived in BKK this week on an METV. However, I plan to stay long term in Thailand, so will have to reapply for visas when the current ones expires later this year etc. I am currently renting a condo from a Thai couple who happen to live in Germany but they are currently visiting family over here. So my quick question is:

Provided that the owner of the property I am renting would be supportive, would there be any chance for me to apply for getting my name in the yellow book? Or is it a waste of time given that I am not on a Non-O long term visa etc? Given the advantages of having a yellow book, I thought I at least as the pros on TV. Thank you!

Cheers

DUS

You would need a Non O visa, helpfull owners is perfect, but its not your name in a yellow book but a yellow book only for you...

And the second advantage: you'll have an ID number in Thailand...

I heard its useless.

Then when he pay it off they asked proof of adress, he brought yellow book they said nooo goood mister.

This sounds as BS to me, there must have been another reason....

I heard its useless.

probably because the dealer did not know, dlt most likely will accept.

Thanks

But your list probably won't help many people because every Amphoe seems to have their own requirements.

sorry to resurrect this 2 year old topic, but it comes up first on the search of "yellow book" on the entire forum.

does anyone know what the current list of documents/requirements are for getting a yellow book in Chiang Mai? (any Amphur should be O.K.)

thanks!

p.s. does this yellow book have any use with respect to obtaining reasonably priced medical care for routine treatment at hospitals/outpatient clinics in the Tambon/Amphur where it is obtained? i had read it does. i have insurance for inpatient but some reasonable outpatient benefits would be a plus.

Thanks

But your list probably won't help many people because every Amphoe seems to have their own requirements.

sorry to resurrect this 2 year old topic, but it comes up first on the search of "yellow book" on the entire forum.

does anyone know what the current list of documents/requirements are for getting a yellow book in Chiang Mai? (any Amphur should be O.K.)

thanks!

p.s. does this yellow book have any use with respect to obtaining reasonably priced medical care for routine treatment at hospitals/outpatient clinics in the Tambon/Amphur where it is obtained? i had read it does. i have insurance for inpatient but some reasonable outpatient benefits would be a plus.

The best thing to do is to ask at the Amphoe where you will be applying for the yellow book. It varies by Amphoe to Amphoe even in the same province.

Has nothing to do with the Thai national medical scheme. There were a few farangs that slipped in when they first started the 30 Baht deal but the government soon put a stop to that and pulled all the cards that were erroneously issued

Not only are the requirements for the Yellow Book different for different Amphur's but what it can be used for also varies from location to location

Has nothing to do with the Thai national medical scheme. There were a few farangs that slipped in when they first started the 30 Baht deal but the government soon put a stop to that and pulled all the cards that were erroneously issued

Not only are the requirements for the Yellow Book different for different Amphur's but what it can be used for also varies from location to location

there are a few ex-pats here in C.M. (and i've met 2 of them) that are able to use the yellow book registration to go to local hospitals. it's not free and it's certainly not 30 Baht, but more like 200-300 Bath for a complete check-up (basic labs, UA, not specialized things, maybe an EKG once a year, etc.) and dispensing of meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, prostate issues, etc. for 60-90 days. there is no way anyone could go to these places for that price without some flag in the computer by way of yellow book registration. i'm quite healthy and perhaps 20 years younger than most around here but the wife is always nagging me to have back-up plans for everything and she had read something on a Thai forum that it is possible. so i was just curious.

Thanks

thanks!

The best thing to do is to ask at the Amphoe where you will be applying for the yellow book. It varies by Amphoe to Amphoe even in the same province.

O.K. thanks for that.

p.s. does this yellow book have any use with respect to obtaining reasonably priced medical care for routine treatment at hospitals/outpatient clinics in the Tambon/Amphur where it is obtained

No.

The only foreigners that get "extra" entitlements are those with (or who previously had) a work permit and who pay social fund contributions or foreigners who are married to government workers.

p.s. does this yellow book have any use with respect to obtaining reasonably priced medical care for routine treatment at hospitals/outpatient clinics in the Tambon/Amphur where it is obtained

No.

The only foreigners that get "extra" entitlements are those with (or who previously had) a work permit and who pay social fund contributions or foreigners who are married to government workers.

again i don't believe that is entirely accurate.

No.

Instead of just "not believing " why not provide full details about what you do believe and what "extras", you claim, are available. ?

Maybe this is not the right forum to ask this question, but I value ubonjoes knowledge. Almost five years ago we moved from the Netherlands to Thailand and went to the amphur with the blue book and chanot with my wife's name. My kids and I were all registered in the blue book and I still use it for my yearly extension and opening a bank account. Should I request for a yellow book?

Maybe this is not the right forum to ask this question, but I value ubonjoes knowledge. Almost five years ago we moved from the Netherlands to Thailand and went to the amphur with the blue book and chanot with my wife's name. My kids and I were all registered in the blue book and I still use it for my yearly extension and opening a bank account. Should I request for a yellow book?

I don't think you are registered as a resident in your wife's house book since that is not allowed. You may be shown as your children's father in their registry.

It is you choice as to whether you want a yellow book or not.

I am for sure registered in the blue tabien bahn. I will make a copy and show you asap. Also at my company they were surprised about this.

If you are registered in the Tabien Bahn take care of it because it is a unique and very rare document smile.png

MarcoBKK

I "hid" your post, shouldn't really have all that personal information online here for viewing by everybody.

You could print it out, then black out such as your address, your Thai ID number, and other info that's identifiable to you. Perhaps just leave your first name.

BTW, you must have Permanent Residence, I note your ID # starts with an 8.

Mac

i got my yellow book in one visit to the Amphur office and was treated exceptionally well by the staff here in Phatthalung. It took about 4 hours because they do so few here. I was only #2 in their ledger book for this year. But i walked out of the office with a yellow book. Much easier way to go for me as the closest immigration office is 80 kms away. I was able to open local bank account and purchase a motorbike in my name. The only document they asked for here was a certified translation of my passport. I had that done at the recommended local English language school. I had that paper over night.

I did need 2 Thai people to verify i lived here and my address. They had to sign and show their Thai ids and blue books.

• Like 1

MarcoBKK

I "hid" your post, shouldn't really have all that personal information online here for viewing by everybody.

You could print it out, then black out such as your address, your Thai ID number, and other info that's identifiable to you. Perhaps just leave your first name.

BTW, you must have Permanent Residence, I note your ID # starts with an 8.

Mac

Mac, he wrote "and I still use it for my yearly extension "... so i don't think he has permanent residence...

But that is what I know.

Digit 8 stands for permanent residents (or naturalized foreigners).

The usual "temporary" foreigners (like me) have a digit 6 at the start.

Edited by KhunBENQ

But that is what I know.

Digit 8 stands for permanent residents (or naturalized foreigners).

The usual "temporary" foreigners (like me) have a digit 6 at the start.

Yes, i know, i have a "6" to...

So, something must be special...

So, if he has an "8"... why he does his anual extensions ...

Bureaucracy has strange ways...

Mac, thanks for hiding my post. Wasn't such a good idea to post a copy of the blue tabien bahn. Anyway, I am not a permanent resident. I arrived in Thailand on Non Imm O in 2011 married to my wife. In the first month I registered myself at the amphur by request of the Immigration Sakaeo. I guess the amphur made a mistake by adding me in the blue tabien bahn. I also do bot know where my Tax ID comes from. The amphur added it in the TB.

After about a year I got a job and the company does my WP and tax return. At that moment my Tax ID changed. Previously starting with an 8, currently starting with a 0.

Mac, thanks for hiding my post. Wasn't such a good idea to post a copy of the blue tabien bahn. Anyway, I am not a permanent resident. I arrived in Thailand on Non Imm O in 2011 married to my wife. In the first month I registered myself at the amphur by request of the Immigration Sakaeo. I guess the amphur made a mistake by adding me in the blue tabien bahn. I also do bot know where my Tax ID comes from. The amphur added it in the TB.

After about a year I got a job and the company does my WP and tax return. At that moment my Tax ID changed. Previously starting with an 8, currently starting with a 0.

Hi Marco,

The number in the TB is not a Tax ID number, its your Thai/National ID number

Question: is your name written in Thai in the TB and or your parents name also ?

What kind of a visa you are on now ? still on extension, based on your Non Im O ?

Dear Mac,

My name is written in Thai and also my parents are mentioned seperately. Similar to all other family members in the blue TB.

Currently still on Non IMM O. I did not want to change to a Non Imm B for WP only. With a Non IMM O they extend my WP too and the company provides me with all documents for my yearly extention.

No.

Fair enough. Do you think what I posted was incorrect; do you think I missed something out, or both?