Buddha Isara says he was poisoned

webfact

Buddha Isara says he was poisoned

8-6-2014-4-45-54-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Activist abbot Luang Poo Buddha Isara said he was poisoned and was almost killed.

The abbot revealed of the attempt on his life on his Facebook saying that the incident happened on Sunday.

He said the poison was put into the mangosteen juice which he drank.

After drinking the poisoned juice, he said he felt like his stomach was burning.

It burnt from the throat to the stomach, he said.

But he said despite the pain, he continued to struggle with it till he finished the nightly prays. After that, he recalled he has to drink almost a dozen bottles of water to relieve the pain and get the poison out of his body throughout the night.

He said it was a horrible night which he could not sleep but has to suffer with the fire in the stomach.

But he said he did not give up to the perpetrators. He still went out next morning to receive alms as usual which made him fully exhausted and fall sick.

He said he took herb water to coat his stomach to relieve the pain every two hours.

He said in the second day, he was fully exhausted and that kept him on the bed with no more strength to even walk.

But he survived. He thought it would have taken him several days before the pain could be relieved and wounds cured.

He said he was attempted on life because he made clear in the public that he would not give up to all injustices, all evils and never bow his head to any bad guys, therefore those bad people want him to die.

However he said there would be no second attempt on his life and he would not die so easily until happiness return to all the people, and the country wins.

He also asked the Democrat party not to criticize the military junta so much but just wait to see it works, until it goes astray, then it is time to come out to speak.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/buddha-isara-says-poisoned/

[thaipbs]2014-08-06[/thaipbs]

• Like 1

Must be some weak poison because normal people who get poisoned head to the hospital to get their stomach pumped. Or die! And he's a monk, not a Shaolin monk so I think he has the constitution of a normal person.

Part of being a Buddhist monk is preparing oneself for death, and accepting it with neither the need for any bad thoughts, nor medical intervention.

He should do a bit of reading about that which he pretends to represent. (c.f. Bhuddadasa Bikkhu)

• Like 2

"However he said there would be no second attempt on his life and he would not die so easily until happiness return to all the people, and the country wins.

He also asked the Democrat party not to criticize the military junta so much but just wait to see it works, until it goes astray, then it is time to come out to speak."

About time he became a monk, me thinks. Maybe read some Pali Scripture would be a good start.

• Like 2

Doesn't matter what side you support you have to admit the stories over the last year of Thailand it's people ,politics and environment have certainly been both sad and entertaining with some good thrown in.

Earthquakes protests coups yingluck allowed to leave the country ,sutep becoming a monk and the fake monk surviving an attempt on his life via poisoning.The whole train carriage of people being drugged the insurgency in the south the crack down on visas.The thai girl and surrogacy case with a paedofile father thrown in for good measure.

Well after all that the monk story is really just a normal story for the thai media!

Please feel free to add some stories I would have missed.

Maybe I should have posted in the general topics?

A revenge by some tortured by him or families of the dead at cheangwattana rd in bkk?

I am afraid that the next time he will meet a stray bullet.

Karma is a bit.h

He tortured people, really, cite?

And who was killed at Chaenwattana? I mean, besides the anti-government protesters camped there attacked by PTP supporters?

It's so easy to hate someone when you just simply invent reasons for it, isn't it?