Is possible a 45 days trip in Thailand with no Visa?

Hi! Sorry about my English...

A friend asks me, and i don't know what answer, if he will have problems with his trip to Thailand.

He wants fly from Europe to Bangkok without Visa, thinking in extend his 30 days visa exempt.

His ticket for return Europe will be 45 days after the arrival.

Is this possible? Will the airline accept he in the flight with no Visa? Will have problems in immigration in Bangkok airport?

I think he can show return ticket and founds, and travel itinerary with some hotel reservations.

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by AaronIsaan

Depends on what country he's from and when he will be arriving:

Longer visa exemption extensions begin August 29, 2014

BANGKOK: -- The Immigration Bureau has announced that of August 29. 2014 you will be able to extend your visa exemption period whilst you're in Thailand by 30 days, instead of the current 7 days, giving a total visa-exemption stay of 60 days.  The fee for extension of stay is 1,900 Baht (unchanged).

Currently, a visa exemption entry can be extended by 7 days at your nearest Immigration office. From August 29th, it can be extended by 30 days. In effect, you can be in the country without a visa for 60 days.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744440-longer-visa-exemption-extensions-begin-august-29-2014/

Is this possible? Will the airline accept he in the flight with no Visa?

Could be a problem. Best he check with the airline. Preferably do it by email and then print out their reply to show at check-in.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

For heavens sake. Get a single entry tourist visa. $90. Why do people make life difficult for themselves.
If he turns up at airport with return air ticket 45 days away then problem. First question airline will ask is how long is your stay. He can lie but just get the tourist visa. Thats why they have em
  • Like 2

For heavens sake. Get a single entry tourist visa. $90. Why do people make life difficult for themselves.
If he turns up at airport with return air ticket 45 days away then problem. First question airline will ask is how long is your stay. He can lie but just get the tourist visa. Thats why they have em

only 40 bucks in canada

I second your post jacksam... Good Advice...

Good Grief it is so simple -- avoid hassles and side trips and other inconveniences - get a Tourist visa before leaving.

I just opened a thread to get help for an American friend - who against all advice just did not find time to go to Portland and get an easy visa from the Honorary Consul General there.  Now my friend (actually a friend of a friend) has to fly to Vientaine or Penang or somewhere else from Bkk to get a real Tourist Visa.  He planned on staying 90 days to being with... so geeze... This kind of thinking just causes a person more problems, time, money and effort after getting here.

For anyone planning on staying for more than a month in Thailand the Exemption stamp one receives on arrival is just a temptation trap anymore since the crackdown.  Even with the additional 30 day Exemption that is supposed to be available after August 29 - it only means another unnecessary trip to the Immigration office.  

Getting a tourist visa ahead of time means No Interaction with Thai Immigration except when entering or leaving at the airport - none while staying - if 60 days or less.

i never really got why anyone would constantly keep leaving every 30 days just to stay here 'longtime'. just get a proper visa and be done with that carp.

i have no desire to ever ride in the back of a kamikaze death trap ever again.......only a masochist would regularly do that.....

Now I know why my friend doubts about getting a Tourist Visa, copy of his message:

Question: "If I arrive in Bangkok with an Irish passport but without a visa, could I have problems if my return flight from Bangkok is dated for 40 or 45 days later? I do intend travelling out of Thailand on possibly two different occasions  for anything from 8 to 15 days (Myanmar/Vietnam). It's also possible I might combine these two trips in one; go to Myanmar and from there to Vietnam and finally returning to Thailand."

thanks for any advice

i never really got why anyone would constantly keep leaving every 30 days just to stay here 'longtime'. just get a proper visa and be done with that carp.

i have no desire to ever ride in the back of a kamikaze death trap ever again.......only a masochist would regularly do that.....

You're barking up the wrong tree... here the OP does not want to stay 'longtime', he want to do tour in SE Asia,

Now I know why my friend doubts about getting a Tourist Visa, copy of his message:

Question: "If I arrive in Bangkok with an Irish passport but without a visa, could I have problems if my return flight from Bangkok is dated for 40 or 45 days later? I do intend travelling out of Thailand on possibly two different occasions  for anything from 8 to 15 days (Myanmar/Vietnam). It's also possible I might combine these two trips in one; go to Myanmar and from there to Vietnam and finally returning to Thailand."

As mentioned often: The problem is not Thai immigration but the airline can refuse to board him when no visa and without a return ticket within 30 days. For that he can buy a fully refundable ticket, or a cheap outgoint ticket, or try his luck with just a reservation.

Other than that visa exempt is fine for what he wants to do. 

"? I do intend travelling out of Thailand on possibly two different occasions for anything from 8 to 15 days (Myanmar/Vietnam)."

If he books his airline ticket to Myanmar before he leaves, he can show the airline (and immigration if they ask) that he is leaving within the 30 day period. When he returns from myanmar he will have his return ticket to show, or his new ticket to vietnam.
I
This guy is a genuine tourist, one of the people that Immigration says will not be affected by the clampdown. Why would he have a problem?
  • Like 1

If the OP's friend is so resistant to getting a visa BEFORE he/she leaves their home country to come to Thailand - because it is too much trouble or too much cost ... I can only relate to that person that they have no idea of the hassle and cost to be incurred in arriving in Thailand without a Tourist Visa and are planning on coming and going to side countries ... It takes a lot of time to learn the ins and outs (no pun intended) of Thai Visa Law ... So I can only hope that the OP's friend really will consider learning from the experience of others - so as not to step on his d_ _ k or her t_t on trying to come and go here.  

By in large on this example and others - I am mystified as to WHY people think it is a BIGGER HASSLE to get a visa BEFORE leaving for Thailand than it is AFTER they get here... Confounding to say the least... 

• Like 1

Since the person travelling intends to do side trip that last few days, a tourist visa is not indicated, would be be waste of time and money together with the re-entry permit.

The best is to travel visa exempt, having a ticket printout to exit country within 30 days. it can be a fully refundable ticket.

you  come in with 30 days on the house! Then get a extension, or just pay overstay!

He will not need to. He intends to take side trips that make each entry less than 30 days.

Since the person travelling intends to do side trip that last few days, a tourist visa is not indicated, would be be waste of time and money together with the re-entry permit.

The best is to travel visa exempt, having a ticket printout to exit country within 30 days. it can be a fully refundable ticket.

That is the point!

Some posters don't realize that a Single Tourist Visa is a hassle for my friend, because of the re-entry... And i think it's a nonsense getting a double or triple if he doesn't really need it!

And the cost of the visa is not the problem here!

Edited by AaronIsaan

That is the point!

Some posters don't realize that a Single Tourist Visa is a hassle for my friend, because of the re-entry... And i think it's a nonsense getting a double or triple if he doesn't really need it!

And the cost of the visa is not the problem here!

if cost is not a problem, then how can a triple entry visa be more of a hassle than a single entry? and it saves all the worry about ongoing tickets and stress of getting back in?

UK airlines will not allow you to board for visa exempt entry to Thailand unless you can prove onward travel. Something as simple as a hotel booking will suffice.

Frankly if you are going to travel long distance getting the paperwork right before you start is a lot easier than trying to fix it en route.