Cleared long overstay. Can I come back without a visa?

Mostly doing this because I don't want to waste a tourist visa. If I can only get a single entry and will be leaving Thailand within 30 Days, and then they may not issue a second tourist visa, I could be trapped without a good way back in.

You should get a tourist visa first. A 30 day entry may not be enough time to get the paperwork to get the ED visa.

I also don't suggest doing a visa exempt entry after an overstay it would be best to have a visa.

You will not have a problem entering on a tourist visa. Unless you have had several tourist visas in the past you would not have a problem getting a 2nd one.

I do have several tourist visas in the past and I was planning on getting a confirmed flight to a neighbor country for a visa exempt entry. My last entry was visa exempt, but if I were only staying in Thailand for two weeks with a ticket out booked would it really be a problem coming back on the tenth? Thank you so much for the guidance.

Form my understanding you're in Cambodia at the moment, after having cleared an overstay.

You should get a tourist visa now to come back to Thailand and stay up to 90 days.

At a later time you would still be able to obtain a double entry tourist visa or any other type.

From asean: "One thing is that the OP is absolutely correct about getting serious. The detention room at Svb airport is full. People arriving with brand new legally obtained non immigrant visas and they are refused entry. Reason being previous overstay even though they paid the 20k on the way out. Strange situation as they cannot be deported without a deportation order or someone buying them a ticket and them voluntarily boarding a flight. Some people have spent more than two weeks in the detention cell. When they ask to see a lawyer immigration tell them that AOT will not give lawyer permission to visit them. Immigration hold their passports. The only people they have contact with are the airline people who visit them regularly to coax them into a flight. So many things wrong here."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/749665-visa-overstayer-crackdown-what-bugs-me-the-most/page-3#entry8213464

• Like 1

Are people allergic to getting a real visa?   It is so easy except for the violent sneezing, I guess.

Just get a real visa, arrive cleanly dressed and sober, be polite, and in you go.

P.S., if people wonder about why Thai authorities want to track foreigners, look at the baby peddler with "65 entries" in two years.  That criminal is not a tourist.

• Like 1

Are people allergic to getting a real visa?   It is so easy except for the violent sneezing, I guess.

Just get a real visa, arrive cleanly dressed and sober, be polite, and in you go.

P.S., if people wonder about why Thai authorities want to track foreigners, look at the baby peddler with "65 entries" in two years.  That criminal is not a tourist.

You are the voice of inexperience here.

Would'nt your question best be answered by using the legal forum here it is free? Everyday same thing some one wanting to go around the system  that's why now I have to carry my passport around cause of this garbage.

• Like 1

"Everyday same thing some one wanting to go around the system that's why now I have to carry my passport around cause of this garbage."

No you don't, the head of Immigration said that is not necessary, reported in the media earlier this week.

"Just get a real visa, arrive cleanly dressed and sober, be polite, and in you go."

Did you actually read the post above yours by Timwin?? It said people with legally obtained visas who had previous overstays were being detained at suv airport. !!