Russia thinking of banning Planes flying over there Country

Thongkorn

Russia is thinking of banning all over flights of the Country's  that have implemented sanctions against them, ,  And the next move from Those Country's is probably a tit for tat reaction , Russian planes banned from the air space of all the country s that are involved with the sanctions. would this greatly affect Russian tourist coming to Thailand. And would it be a bad thing for the Thai economy. also will it affect the prices of Europeans tourist flights.

Edited by Thongkorn

I personally would think the opposite, Thailand can economically benefit from it, and more tourist from Russia, as those ruskies can not go on holiday in Spain or turkey anymore. whats left for them is just Thailand, or Crimea... lol

Western brainless politicians fail to grasp that Russia isn't the p@ss poor country that it was when the Berlin wall came down. It is a major player especially in the energy industry. I believe Putin has just banned all imports from the EU in retaliation to the sanctions applied by the EU. 

• Like 1

The talk is of banning EU airlines so JAL Cathay, Air China etc would not be affected. Its been a long time since I flew BKK-LHR over Russia, the airlines now seem to prefer the southern route over Iran. No idea why.

I personally would think the opposite, Thailand can economically benefit from it, and more tourist from Russia, as those ruskies can not go on holiday in Spain or turkey anymore. whats left for them is just Thailand, or Crimea... lol

I think all of those Russian tourists were staying at the same Pattaya hotel I was at on the weekend!

Western brainless politicians fail to grasp that Russia isn't the p@ss poor country that it was when the Berlin wall came down. It is a major player especially in the energy industry. I believe Putin has just banned all imports from the EU in retaliation to the sanctions applied by the EU. 

No, he has just banned a small part of that.

he can't do anymore anyway with their economy in shatters already.

Regarding tourism, that has gone down considerably already since the Russian economy is not doing too good, I don't see much effect here in Thailand, it should only get better :)

This idea on the part of the Russians is why they will never again be a world power

Do you really think that airlines currently overfly Russia for free, of course not,  Russia makes a bundle on overflight rights 

A perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face, way to go Mr. Putin 

This idea on the part of the Russians is why they will never again be a world power

Do you really think that airlines currently overfly Russia for free, of course not,  Russia makes a bundle on overflight rights 

A perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face, way to go Mr. Putin 

Everything the man does is carefully calculated, make no mistake, he's not a stupid man.

Stand by, there are more moves of this chess game to be played.

Most of the players a re douchebags.
  • Like 1

More sanctions and restrictions and soon they will be holding hands with KIM DOONG DOONG, separated from the rest of the world! biggrin.png

Don't think so, they get along with China fine atm.

No duh... Kim Yung Goong gets along with China fine too...? blink.png

Russia needs a lot more from the West than the West needs from Russia.

Really?

Russia has energy, food and vodka. It also has China as a friend. What does it need from the rest of the world?

It's funny that Russia has all these sanctions put on it but there is no proof that they or the rebels shot down the airliner. Might it be wiser to wait for the proof first. The USA says the proof is on social media like twitter and Facebook posts. Does anyone believe the the USA anymore?

At the time scary too. Airline travel is a serious safety business. Two MH airplanes, in the same year, no answers. Sigh...

Are proofs so hard to get? Or does it mean anyone can cause damage to aircrafts in motion, and nobody will know? That's not good news at all.

Right now, Russia is banning lot of import stuff and other retaliatory masseurs against the west,

I just hope that they will ban their obnoxious so called tourist from traveling to Thailand too,

wort mentioning though, that not all Russian tourist are over bearing, but most are...

• Like 1

Kind of typical of "Baby Putin". The world is disrespecting me. My scams are no longer working. Nobody believes my diatribes anymore. I cannot invade countries at will. I cannot get away with the kinds of stuff I am accustomed to. I thought my position and my billions could buy me unlimited power. I hate limitations. I will not let them fly over my country anymore. Lets see how they like that.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Europe could find a replacement for Russia's natural gas and oil. And the world stopped buying their diamonds, and other resources. Russia without a single customer in the world. How would King Vlad act at that point?