Pattaya- What I Like About It.

DUMPSTER

Why I like Pattaya.

Now, I’ve been accused of Pattaya bashing by numerous members in this forum. My comments on some negative points about pattaya have led to me being accused of Pattaya bashing.

Now for the record there are many positive reasons to live or visit Pattaya and the surrounding district.

In no particular order.

1. The wide selection of western food that is available in both restaurants and supermarkets.

2. Leisure activities such as golf, bowling, horse riding, pool, darts, swimming. There are many more available to both residents and visitors.

3 A good selection of housing both Condos and houses to suit most needs.

4. Evening entertainment. There are numerous bars and clubs that cater to most tastes.

5. Clinics and hospitals incase you are ill.

I first went to Pattaya 16 years ago and although it has changed immensely, just like Phuket has over the years, Pattaya still has some great points. So to all those wanting to live in Pattaya, I say, go and try it and draw your own conclusions. What’s good for one person might not necessarily be good for you. Only by experiencing the place will you ever know if it suits you. Then if you like it you will stay and if you don’t you can try another town or city.

Good luck if you are thinking of moving to Pattaya.

And not forgetting the World famous "HA baht Busses" :D

The drivers are all gentlemen,very polite with a great sense of humour and only charge you 5 bt for a ride round town.....a bargain....

Pity about the Palm Villa... :D:o

And not forgetting the World famous "HA baht Busses" :D

The drivers are all gentlemen,very polite with a great sense of humour and only charge you 5 bt for a ride round town.....a bargain....

Pity about the Palm Villa... :D:o

...............and TV & sponsors also provide official `pissups` in this splendid haven post-15964-1152101416.gif

I loved Pattaya

But I am never going back……

I met some fantastic women who would do anything for me – as long as I had the money.

I am never going back because I can’t afford it.

I met some great guys who really knew how to enjoy their lives.

I am never going back because I have to be responsible and concentrate on my career.

I partied hard, drank too much vodka and smoked too many cheap cigarettes.

I am never going back because I worry about my health.

I felt like a god because everybody said I was a handsome man.

I am never going back because I know they lied to me.

I laughed more than I have ever done in my entire life.

I am never going back because life must be taken seriously.

I felt so relaxed and laid back that nothing could faze me.

I am never going back because I must be active and occupied all the time.

I had the best time of my life.

I am never going back because I am not allowed to feel this good without consequences.

I am never going back. I keep telling myself, I am never going back………

ETIHAD AIR – LONDON TO BKK – 10th SEPT 2006 - £400

I’m going back!

Doh!!!!!!

:o

I loved Pattaya

I met some fantastic women who would do anything for me – as long as I had the money.

I am never going back because I have to be responsible and concentrate on my career.

I am never going back because I am not allowed to feel this good without consequences.

I’m going back!

Doh!!!!!!

:D

Good post :o

I love it :D

I loved Pattaya

I’m going back!

Doh!!!!!!

Common sense always prevails post-15964-1152107107.gif

I loved Pattaya

I’m going back!

Doh!!!!!!

Maybe you shouldn't leave

I loved Pattaya

I’m going back!

Doh!!!!!!

Thai Airways - Fukuoka to BKK - July 21 - Company's money (Golf July 22)

I'm going back too.

BTW - Great Post :D

Dumpy with a positive Patters post??? My Oh My what possessed him??? :D:o

There is a rumour going around that he is running for Lord Mayor.

Don't knock him fellas... give him a chance... :D

You never know... rather that jump on him and give him a hard time, let him speak his mind without this thread turning into a flame-fest again.

As a local to the Pattaya area, I'd like to add a couple of things to the list... the great nearby world class golf courses... the scenic countryside just north of the city (SriRacha-Chonburi) and also to the south (Sattahip-Rayong)... the plentiful supply of cheap (and good quality) seafood... the great beaches in the Na-Jomtien-Rayong area... and the lack of traffic (compared with say Bangkok).

Many complain about Pattaya's traffic... but after having driven through most of Thailand's major cities and towns, I can say that Pattaya really isn't any worse than anywhere else... considering the rapid growth of the city and the existing infrastructure.

Maybe Dumpster figured out that it is not a painful thing to be nice. :o Negative posts about nearly anything brings out the worst in a lot of boardies including myself. All my life I've been a bully beater. Now I'm too old for that but I can still use the keyboard. :D

Many complain about Pattaya's traffic... but after having driven through most of Thailand's major cities and towns, I can say that Pattaya really isn't any worse than anywhere else... considering the rapid growth of the city and the existing infrastructure.

I've been driving the moto in Pattaya quite abit lately, day and night, thanks in large part to the 90 pound attachment to my back pocket :o

It can be a little frustrating, especially if you are used to the more "orderly" fashion of traffic back home. I find it takes a little getting used to. Sometimes you need to be a little more aggressive than back home, sometimes a little more passive.

Before working in Afghanistan, I spent 6 years living in one of the best cities in the world (Vancouver, British Columbia). I much prefer living in Pattaya (except for the lack of hockey rinks perhaps :D ).

Less crime, better weather, cheaper prices, (traffic can be just as nutty in either place).

I think most will agree that Pattaya does have problems in some areas. The degree of those problems flucuates quite a bit though. Some think the crime rate is out of control. Some think the sex-trade is the greatest evil. Others rant on and on about the traffic, or baht buses, or double pricing.

No one has ever shown me a perfect place though. One in which there are no problems, everything is perfect and no one has anything to complain about.

Until such time as a place like that is found, I think I'll continue living in Pattaya. It may not be perfect, but it's perfect for me !

(paid for by the Pattaya Love Pattaya party. Pattaya ! Love Pattaya !! PARTY !!!!!!!) :D

I have never understood why the Pattaya "Lovers" and the Pattaya "Haters" get so excited about the place. Think about it, if you live in Pattaya or enjoy visiting regularly does a few postings on an internet forum change anything? When you look out of the window of your apartment/hotel (don't go too close to the edge....just kidding) after reading a negative post has the whole town turned a different colour? No, of course not. It is just a matter of horses for courses, love it or hate it I doubt it will go away any time soon, so Pattaya lovers, Party On!!! Pattaya Haters, Keep on posting..... it won't change anything.

You never know... rather that jump on him and give him a hard time, let him speak his mind without this thread turning into a flame-fest again.

He seems to have made a real gesture and I for one am prepared to reach out the hand of friendship down the long and winding road to Chonburi. :D

Getting a bit old for all this flame fest lark :D

Funny thing is; most of those who have defended Pattaya in the past, are happily married, or are in long term relationships - some with kids -and they find much to enjoy in Pattaya without having to indulge in the seedier side. Not that I knock the seedier side - for me it is all part of Pattaya's charm, and along with the obvious negatives, there's an awful lot of positives that come from that little area around Beach Road. :D

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

No one has ever shown me a perfect place though. One in which there are no problems, everything is perfect and no one has anything to complain about.

Until such time as a place like that is found, I think I'll continue living in Pattaya. It may not be perfect, but it's perfect for me !

Kerryd,

That place is called Utopia and I can't seem to find it on any map. I don't live in Pattaya but I would if I could in a heartbeat. I'm not into the seedy side, that's for sure, but the golf is as good, if not better, then any other place I've played. Counrty Club golf for public prices. Absolutely great.

He seems to have made a real gesture and I for one am prepared to reach out the hand of friendship down the long and winding road to Chonburi. :D

Getting a bit old for all this flame fest lark :D

Funny thing is; most of those who have defended Pattaya in the past, are happily married, or are in long term relationships - some with kids -and they find much to enjoy in Pattaya without having to indulge in the seedier side. Not that I knock the seedier side - for me it is all part of Pattaya's charm, and along with the obvious negatives, there's an awful lot of positives that come from that little area around Beach Road. :o

Well I do realise that I focused my attention on the negative seedier side of Pattaya and there is another side to Pattaya if you choose to look for it which is were I guess those happily married frequent. The charm of Pattaya is that it does have something for nearly everyone and you really shouldn't let the negative side of it stop you from looking at the positives, that's what I realise now.

Hmmm, I suppose we should give the new meds a chance and see what happens...

post-3455-1152194787_thumb.jpg :o

How many people actually go to Pattaya first because of it's seedier side before they discover the rest of Pattaya?

To be honest, that's exactly what happened to me. :o

When I first came to Thailand, I was working in BKK and used to travel down to Pattaya every second weekend for a bit of fun.

After 18 months in Bangers, I was re-posted down to Laem Chabang, and lived in Pattaya, and discovered a whole different world.

Admittedly, I had a steady girlfriend... soon to be engaged... and subsequently married... and I didn't feel the need to re-visit "that side" of Pattaya again.

OK, I just finished a 2 and a half week backpacking style trip through Cambodia, Laos and Issan and it was pretty hard going. In the more remote areas of all of the above things got really how ya going. In some areas you were hard pressed to even find a restaurant or a cold beer after your days adventures.

My mate and I walked every soi in some towns in the hope of finding some entertainment or a bar with some kind of local music. In most places we couldn't find anything to do, and when we did find a place no one was in them. In some places they were more concerned with saving electricity than putting on the TV to watch the world cup.

It wasn't just that, the mosquitoes in some towns were bad, rain was falling most days, salads in restaurants was hard to find, food generally wasn't as good as in Pattaya or anywhere near the standard of my local Carrerfour foodcourt in Pattaya Klang.

After the 6th. such town my mate and I just looked at each other and said "ok we have done it, what ya reckon lets go back to Pattaya" and we both agreed. Nakhon Phanom to Pattaya via Morchit and 17 hours later we were "home".

I love Pattaya, I go away a lot all over Thailand but I always like to come home here because I have everything here at my fingertips. As a guy who likes going out and drinking Pattaya beats any place on earth hands down. Tonight we are going out to get a few drinks in and tells all the boys of our adventures and travels. It's great to travel but it's always even better to come home to Pattaya.

Cheers :o

I love Patters (although i always stay in Jomtien) and i will never knock it. However, i can't see me buying there, probably buy in Hua Hin but will always look forward to going back to Patters for short breaks. I suppose i don't want to fall out of love with the place. And that can so easily happen when you end up living somewhere.

Good post OP, much better than the usuall knocking Patters posts. :o