Russian Tourists Down 30% In Pattaya

Rimmer

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lack of Russian tourists coming to Pattaya has affected the Pattaya market because they spend more money than any other tourists that visit Pattaya.

How to destroy your credability in one sentence,

Thailand survived before they came, it will survive after they've gone.

Useless comment.

If every farang pulled out tomorrow, they would SURVIVE!!

Has any country in the world not survived.. period???

Looking at the business perspective, this meant less income for the hotels and restaurants, less food, drinks, cleaning materials etc. Ultimately it affects the economy. Combine this with the drop in Chinese tourist due to the clampdown on zero dollar tours, and the damage done by all the travel advisories, many long suffering hotels and businesses will close down in the coming months if tourist numbers do not increase.

I wonder about 10 or so years ago............no Russians and the hotels were all full like they are today.......think again !!!

10 years ago, Thailand was a totally different place altogether. The times are a changing, and definitely not for the better.

• Like 2

The lack of Russian tourists coming to Pattaya has affected the Pattaya market because they spend more money than any other tourists that visit Pattaya.

Useless comment.

the wealthy and the government will survive,

the tens of thousands of street vendors, retailers, and hospitality service people right down to the taxi drivers, will all starve

the Swissotel was at 10% occupancy when I left in March 2014, and they closed their buffet area,

those people were all sent home without pay, or, did the hotels around the city all pay their people not to work?

Looking at the business perspective, this meant less income for the hotels and restaurants, less food, drinks, cleaning materials etc. Ultimately it affects the economy. Combine this with the drop in Chinese tourist due to the clampdown on zero dollar tours, and the damage done by all the travel advisories, many long suffering hotels and businesses will close down in the coming months if tourist numbers do not increase.

I wonder about 10 or so years ago............no Russians and the hotels were all full like they are today.......think again !!!

10 years ago, Thailand was a totally different place altogether. The times are a changing, and definitely not for the better.

credit card and household debt defaults are on the rise in Thailand, and they are only at the tip

imagine when the real effects of the Suptep 6 month disruption and then the aftermath of the coup start to show up in end of year reports

Useless comment.

About 4,000 hotel rooms and much meeting space in Ratchaprasong are hurting from a lack of guests. Business travellers account for 15-20 per cent of hotel revenue, while tourists contribute 40 per cent of revenue to shops.

this is just one small section of bkk,

imagine the others

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/750877-hotels-and-shops-in-bangkok-plead-for-end-to-martial-law/

Thailand is not on anyone's to do list at the moment, and, there are already many, many people in Thailand, who may not recover from this financial relapse

so nothing to do with getting rid of the permanent visa runners or overstayers ?

I doubt very seriously, that there are many westerners on the list of over stays and visa runners,

there are only so many times a person is leaving the country for just another 30 days when many other visas are available, so no,

nothing to do with the visa policy,

everything to do with the poor perception of the country, given by the country itself, and,

most importantly,

slowdowns in discretionary spending from the travelers themselves,

sure, places like Bali will continue to attract the weekenders from Australia,

but, Bali is very cheap and also closer than BKK,

the trip to Thailand that any person makes as a first timer, is not heralding rave reviews upon their return,

did it once, is the prevailing opinion I get from many, myself included, although I also add,

every single man must do it, once

• Like 1

Yea, 10 years ago everyone was complaining about how Pattaya has gone downhill in the past 10 years...oh wait a minute...hasn't changed at all!

10 years ago you were 10 years younger and that is basically what has changed.

Edited by lapd

I beg to differ.

The only major change I have noticed in 10 years was the Yellow/Red shirt tragedy. It really has divided my wifes parents community, which is extremely sad.

I see the changes being implemented are for the good of Thailand and its people, and those who willing to play by the rules.

Back on topic ----was in Pattaya last week (well, Jomtien to be specific - didn't go into Pattaya) and it was really quiet = bliss.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Most are indistinguishable from other western tourists, you don't notice them until they speak.

That is not my experience at all. Most are instantly distinguishable by me. Not that there is anything wrong with being distinguishable but your statement lacks the ring of truthiness.