Thai Immigration issues new police order 327/2557 effective August 29, 2014

i can not get eng text it states you are not allowed despite i am logged in

i can download the thai pdf but have little use of it.

pse make an eng pdf to download

Try again. I did a new upload of both English documents..

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I reading this correctly. 2.7 states that to work as a teacher in a private school you need a degree or equivalent experience. Section 2.6 states no degree requirement to work as a teacher in a government school. Is this true?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It also states you need a teaching license or waiver from the TCT (khurusapha) so doesn't really matter as THEY require a degree. But there are rumors that government school directors (principals) can sign a letter stating that you are required and have experience. So I guess they are true!

PS: where does it say no degree .. I have read it 3 times!!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

There is little doubt that as a result of the irrational and highly convoluted nature of the Thai Immigration laws that there will be chaos at the check in desks on entry for some considerable time as the officers in question wrestle with their own personal interpretation of these idiosyncratic edicts. Why make things simple when with just a little bit of effort you can confuse everybody.

Actually people should be happy that instead of making stupid inflexible rules like the old "3 months in 6" they left room for reason and discretion

All they care about is that one does not work illegally in Thailand and does not abuse visa exempt entries. To prove that they suggested some papers one can present to show he is not. Other documents can also be useful, e.g foreign work contracts for O&G workers that take time off in Thailand.

All that that has been know since a good while and was been applied already. This is just to make official something that was being acted already on an contingency basis.

Now people knows that is wanted so they can act accordingly, isn't difficult really.

Are there any changes to the 1 year retirement visa? If so please let us know.

For a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement their are no changes.

If you mean a visa from an embassy or consulate that would depend upon where you apply for it.

For a OA long stay visa from an embassy or consulate your dependents can now get an extension based upon your one year entry.

I am confusd by all this now.

1. What is the change to the Work Permit statement?. Is it that they have added, that you can now apply for Non Imm B bsed by showing a copy of the work permit application form, when submitting your application for a Non Imm B?

2. Does the requirement for a teachers licence now extend to all educational facilities , including Universities ????

About 2.18

Do they mean can only get extention on your marriage visa if your 50 or older ????

Or what

Strange rule if so

You will see this is part of (5) for getting extensions for being a parent of Thai.

"In case the father or mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over."

It has nothing to do with (6) for extension based upon marriage.

This was previously a loophole whereby a parent (usually the non Thai father) could obtain de facto residence through their child under the age of 50 without any of the pesky income or tax or work related paperwork.

About 2.18

Do they mean can only get extention on your marriage visa if your 50 or older ????

Or what

Strange rule if so

I see it as if your Thai kid pays the piper, you have to be 50+.

Yes, this is a bit nuts. Most people have children under the age of 50 so they're effectively saying if you have children here you're not allowed to stay based on the reason of having children.

For some reason they are deliberately targeting people under 50 years of age who have children.

About 2.18

Or what

Strange rule if so

Yes, this is a bit nuts. Most people have children under the age of 50 so they're effectively saying if you have children here you're not allowed to stay based on the reason of having children.

For some reason they are deliberately targeting people under 50 years of age who have children.

I think you misunderstood. The scenario is: farang is 50+. He/she has a Thai kid. The Thai kid is the one with income and supporting the mother/father.

The farang supporting Thai kids part didn't change, this was an addition to the old 2.18.

• Like 1

This was previously a loophole whereby a parent (usually the non Thai father) could obtain de facto residence through their child under the age of 50 without any of the pesky income or tax or work related paperwork.

How did that work ? You were under 50 and your kid somehow had the funds to support you ? The funds in reality came from the father/mother, but were made to look like the kid was supporting the parents ?

To qualify for a 30 day extension, as a tourist:

The alien:

(1) Must have been granted a tourist visa (TOURIST) or exempted from applying for visa. Each permission shall be granted for no more than 30 days as announced by Ministry of Interior.

(2) Must not be of a nationality or type prescribed by the committee monitoring official proceedings of officers of the Immigration Bureau.

Does anyone else find this a little disconcerting? What is a type?

And still there is no mention of a maximum period allowed. This will lead to more people claiming that getting triple entry visas, with extensions entitle you to 270 days in country - add one visa exempt entry plus it's extension and hey presto! it adds up to 330 days.

The entire process is pointless unless you define the parameters...

Item (2) is only putting what they already do in the order..do. People from certain countries cannot get 30 day extensions for tourist visa entries already.

The total stay has nothing to do with extensions which is what the police orders are for. Do you have any idea how much additional time it would take for an immigration officer to dig back through a passport to total up how many days a person had already stayed in the country one entry to the country.

He he

Right..

Not much changed..still entry officer have choice to let you In or Not...depends if they willing to check you out or not and depends from their mood.

About 2.18

Or what

Strange rule if so

You will see this is part of (5) for getting extensions for being a parent of Thai.

"In case the father of mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over."

I read this as, if I as the parent of a child when over 50 (ie old whistling.gif )

Father of mother? And requests to be under maintenance? Can anyone correct the English so this makes sense?

I read this as, if I as the parent of a Thai when I am over 50 (ie old whistling.gif ) I can come here to live supported by my daughter and not just as a retirement extension.

About 2.18

Or what

Strange rule if so

My interpretation of that is that if you are 50, you are more likely to have an adult child (who is able to look after you). You are the dependent now, and not the child:). For a young (presumably healthy) family, you would use the visa based on supporting your young child.

How did that work ? You were under 50 and your kid somehow had the funds to support you ? The funds in reality came from the father/mother, but were made to look like the kid was supporting the parents ?

My daughters were in their 30's before I reached 50.

This can be a very good thing, for example if a father is unable to work.

Married or divorced, your children can support you if they have the means.

A very compassionate change, I am pleased (and surprised) to say!

To understand just how good this is, consider that my daughters want me to move to Australia, where the equivalent compassionate visa (with a ten year wait for 'benefits') will cost AUD 42,000 - 1,3 million baht.

About 2.18

Or what

Strange rule if so

"In case the father of mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over."

I read this as, if I as the parent of a child when over 50 (ie old whistling.gif )

Father of mother? And requests to be under maintenance? Can anyone correct the English so this makes sense?

I read this as, if I as the parent of a Thai when I am over 50 (ie old whistling.gif ) I can come here to live supported by my daughter and not just as a retirement extension.

That's my interpretation. I would think there would be some restrictions in place though, such as the age of the son/daughter. I can see a lot of 70 year old expats knocking up bar girls just to get a visa laugh.png

I am really curious about this...

I have a former friend up here in Isan who blatantly disregarded immigration laws and overstayed about 600 plus days. he left to go to the UK in January with plans to come back in September...he already paid his overstay fine. So what I am wondering , do you think he will sort of "grandfathered in" without any sort of repercussions because he already "took care" of his problem before the rules were implemented? I think he will be allowed back (disappointingly, as he is dangerous, shows everyone his GLock gun, and is very volatile) because he paid and was let out, but my wife seems to think that just because he paid and was let out, that has no bearing on whether or not he will actually be allowed back......He has this idea in his mind, that he can do just about whatever he wants because his wife's uncle is governor of Nongbua province, but a governor of Nongbua Province, doth not a top brass official in Bangkok make!

Anyone have any opinions or thoughts on this?

They got all the info they need ,, cos they read this forum also

I'm 47 , I have custody of my kids in Thailand , do i need to wrorry

If you're on extensions of stay based on having Thai children, no changes for you this time, except when you get to be over 50 and your kids are able & willing to support you, you can apply for an extension based on that. That's seemingly new.

Which means when they are over 20 and studying in university you can stay here with them (of course you must be actually living with them so I guess the year they spend on campus would rule things out for that year,

One very important change. No grandfathering for those on 200000 or 400000 is mentioned.

Grandfathering for what ? No amounts has changed. That much for the scaremongerers saying "you're next".

One very important change. No grandfathering for those on 200000 or 400000 is mentioned.

Grandfathering for what ? No amounts has changed. That much for the scaremongerers saying "you're next".

Have a look at the old police order on this site. Check the amounts needed for a retirement extension. Those who entered when the amount was 200000 remained on that. This order does not mention this so the amount for them has changed,

maybe the scaremongers were right.

Edited by harrry

There cannot be a change for something that was never there if you mean extensions based upon marriage for those that were getting extensions with 200k baht.

For those getting extension now at 400k baht there is no need for it because it has not changed.

The grandfathering for extensions based upon retirement is still there.

Edit: Perhaps you failed to go to page 12 after looking at page 11 because It is still there.in clause 2.22.

Have a look at the old police order on this site. Check the amounts needed for a retirement extension. Those who entered when the amount was 200000 remained on that. This order does not mention this so the amount for them has changed,

Maybe you have to scroll down one page?

New order 2.22 nothing has changed.

(6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:
(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with fluids (funds)maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 20,000
(cool.png If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000
Edited by paz
  • Like 1

I think overall these are very good changes. Especially the change that allows look-krueng to look after their old/father mother. It's a very human decision.

The only thing I miss is a 1 year extension for those studying at a university.

Edited by kriswillems

(6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:

(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with fluids maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 20,000

(B) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000

Old one

I think overall these are very good changes.

The only thing I miss is a 1 year extension for those studying at a university.

That is still there for going to a University.under (1). of clause 2.9 for private schools and clause 2.8 if attending a government school but you will need to meet a minimum number of hours.

• Like 1

(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with fluids (funds)maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 20,000
(cool.png If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000

You are right....problem of printing it out for easier reference and mixing the pages. Should stick to new technology and just alt/tab

• Like 1

You are right....problem of printing it out for easier reference and mixing the pages. Should stick to new technology and just alt/tab

Do not reference the draft document of today because many things have to be corrected or verified.

e.g. on 2.4 (30 days extension) is not highlighted in yellow and does not have the sentence about a maximum of 90 days, thing that seems wrong.

Do not reference the draft document of today because many things have to be corrected or verified.

e.g. on 2.4 (30 days extension) is not highlighted in yellow and does not have the sentence about a maximum of 90 days, thing that seems wrong.

It is not exactly a draft document. The ones highlight in yellow were left out of first translation.

The 90 days was taken out because of the addition of exempt entries for those on bilateral agreements that get a 90 day entry that can get a 30 day extension also.