Why do they not comment on the OP's topic?

willyumiii

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, it will rain today, I can already see the black clouds gathering.

How's the new shoes? You got them broken in and cumfy yet?

Ahhhhhhh, useless people, sustento, nobody gave me some sound advice to my difficult problem.

Only you gave me that brilliant idea and picture, but I'm still looking for the size and the nailvarnish to mach.

• Like 1

He is very comfy with his TAUG,

As the OP suggested, I should not correct you with your spelling, but just for once.......

It's TGAU not TAUG.

Speaking of some people been illiterate......................

OP didn't you do a spine-shattering flounce from another board to the deafening sound of one hand clapping? I think you are a troll and your 888 posts cut no ice with me. Put your wife beater back on and get back to your bar. Or go home.

And it took a total of 12 posts to prove the OP's point... Congratulations... 

He is very comfy with his TAUG,

As the OP suggested, I should not correct you with your spelling, but just for once.......

It's TGAU not TAUG.

Speaking of some people been illiterate......................

Just checking you were awake.

• Like 2

OP didn't you do a spine-shattering flounce from another board to the deafening sound of one hand clapping? I think you are a troll and your 888 posts cut no ice with me. Put your wife beater back on and get back to your bar. Or go home.

And it took a total of 12 posts to prove the OP's point... Congratulations... 

And on the 37th post it was proven again. Congratulations. And best of luck in your search for a sense of humour, by the way.

This one thing that really bothers me about this website.  I don't use ThaiVisa as a place of entertainment like many of the members here.  I use it as a database of knowledge.  You should be able to ask a question regarding Thailand and get several varied opinions.  It's sometimes difficult to sift through the posts when a topic goes horribly off-topic.  So what happens is I will try to reply to the OP like this, "Sorry, didnt read any replies, but in case your questions wasnt answered, you should do XYZ".

In the case of this thread, I read one post about the weather, scrolled down and saw monkeys before I could reply to your understandable post.

Personally I wish the mods would crack down harder.  Keep the crap in the "Farang Pub" subforum and delete worthless replies in the informational subforums.

This one thing that really bothers me about this website.  I don't use ThaiVisa as a place of entertainment like many of the members here.  I use it as a database of knowledge.  You should be able to ask a question regarding Thailand and get several varied opinions.  It's sometimes difficult to sift through the posts when a topic goes horribly off-topic.  So what happens is I will try to reply to the OP like this, "Sorry, didnt read any replies, but in case your questions wasnt answered, you should do XYZ".

In the case of this thread, I read one post about the weather, scrolled down and saw monkeys before I could reply to your understandable post.

Personally I wish the mods would crack down harder.  Keep the crap in the "Farang Pub" subforum and delete worthless replies in the informational subforums.

pssst! general topics.

pssst! general topics.

General topics

A forum for general interest topics related to Thailand only

so complain about off topic replies . when you complain about worthless replies, it makes me wonder why you get to decide what is worthless and what isnt

not me.  I'm not a moderator.  It's pretty easy to see which replies are offtopic though.  FlyerTalk is a large forum and their moderators are very strict.  It's very informational.  Also several of the Thailand members over there are members here as well.  I don't complain about replies here (except for the annual survey) because it is my belief that it will not change anything.  So complaining would be a waste of time.  I just stick to adding information if I can, otherwise I just read the OP, read a few replies and close the window if the replies go offtopic.

pssst! general topics.

General topics

A forum for general interest topics related to Thailand only

so complain about off topic replies . when you complain about worthless replies, it makes me wonder why you get to decide what is worthless and what isnt

not me.  I'm not a moderator.  It's pretty easy to see which replies are offtopic though.  FlyerTalk is a large forum and their moderators are very strict.  It's very informational.  Also several of the Thailand members over there are members here as well.  I don't complain about replies here (except for the annual survey) because it is my belief that it will not change anything.  So complaining would be a waste of time.  I just stick to adding information if I can, otherwise I just read the OP, read a few replies and close the window if the replies go offtopic.

looks like complaining to me.

This one thing that really bothers me about this website.

I happen to agree with the OP...

OP - take heart --- one good handy tool provided by TVF is IGNORE... You can go to your profile and place a fellow TVF member in IGNORE status and while they can still see your posts ...BUT YOU CAN'T SEE THERE'S... From then on you just do not have to be bothered with their juvenile silliness or put up with the serotonin deprived angry jerks.

IGNORE is very handy for tagging that person who just has to try to put a finger in your eye over some nit-picky thing...

Most of the drivel posted ends up in the Farang Pub.  It would appear there is a crying need for a Twaddle forum as well to supplement that.

• Like 2

OP - take heart --- one good handy tool provided by TVF is IGNORE... You can go to your profile and place a fellow TVF member in IGNORE status and while they can still see your posts ...BUT YOU CAN'T SEE THERE'S... From then on you just do not have to be bothered with their juvenile silliness or put up with the serotonin deprived angry jerks.

IGNORE is very handy for tagging that person who just has to try to put a finger in your eye over some nit-picky thing...

But if you put them on ignore, you won't learn from your spelling mistakes.

"Their", belonging to them, not "there".

I am fully aware of that and corrected it later.  I find, as others do, that when I dash off a post in great haste that I make mistakes.  Mistakes made are often failing to put a 'r' on the end of you when I meant to spell your.  And sometimes things like 'there' pop out when I am in a hurry when, as most people do, I fully know the difference between the use of there and their - here and hear... your and you're, etc. Sometimes when I am really going fast I type three instead of there or vice versa.  The solution is to not be in such a hurry when typing it and proof read it - but I often don't. 

It is the nitpicking that I believe is part of OP's complaint.  If a person's post is filled with grammatical mistakes then that is one thing.  If there is only a misused word - it is then entirely another.   And if being nitpicker is all that one can contribute - then you are not contributing much.

By the way I am hoping that the OP finds good use for the IGNORE function.

But if you put them on ignore, you won't learn from your spelling mistakes.

"Their", belonging to them, not "there".

I am fully aware of that and corrected it later.  I find, as others do, that when I dash off a post in great haste that I make mistakes.  Mistakes made are often failing to put a 'r' on the end of you when I meant to spell your.  And sometimes things like 'there' pop out when I am in a hurry when, as most people do, I fully know the difference between the use of there and their - here and hear... your and you're, etc. Sometimes when I am really going fast I type three instead of there or vice versa.  The solution is to not be in such a hurry when typing it and proof read it - but I often don't. 

It is the nitpicking that I believe is part of OP's complaint.  If a person's post is filled with grammatical mistakes then that is one thing.  If there is only a misused word - it is then entirely another.   And if being nitpicker is all that one can contribute - then you are not contributing much.

By the way I am hoping that the OP finds good use for the IGNORE function.

The OP mentioned spelling nazis. I was being ironic.

Do you ever laugh?

• Like 2

Yes I agree large size shoes are very difficult to find in Thailand especially without your mother to help you find a pair.

No, I disagree. The processed cheddar they use at MacDonalds in Thailand ruins what would otherwise be an acceptable cheese burger.

Edited by Seastallion
  • Like 1

Yes I agree large size shoes are very difficult to find in Thailand especially without your mother to help you find a pair.

No, I disagree. The processed cheddar they use at MacDonalds in Thailand ruins what would otherwise be an acceptable cheese burger.

But if they use that cheddar to glue the soles of the oversize shoes they will last forever.

• Like 2