No Visa options for the ones who are young and have money?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it trolls day? They seems to be out and in good shape.

What is Thailand Elite Program?

and btw the reason I am upset that I have to leave, is because I have a girlfriend I love, and she has a boy, we stay together 3 years but I will have to leave her behind. She makes 8500 baht / month working in a hotel in an Island, and it is a quite sad situation.

Edited by nikkoid66
  • Like 2

I am here for 4 years but I have my 2 best friends who are coming in Thailand for more than 15 years.

For long time the Visa system in Thailand was allowing people who have money and just want to stay here for early retirement to stay.
This time is over.
My friends and I are all moving out for the same reason, so I suppose all the people in the same situation are doing the same.

I spend about 1 Million Baht / year in this country, not working here, just because I have the money and I spend it.
My friends are in the same situation, some earning interest on their money blocked in Singapore, some because they have a lot of land in their main country and get the rents from the lands, some because they are earning royalties on music and films.
I have royalties from software I sell on the web.
None of us have a job here.

But with the new visa rules we are all forced to exit the country, and Thailand will have to say bye bye to the 'good' falangs who provided Millions each, not counting the money invested in condos where we are living and that are for sale as I write this.

It seems that this crackdown is not taking in account people who are too young to retire, and have money every month coming from outside Thailand.

I think the people who make the law should make a Visa exception, where you can show 1 year for bank notes showing that you make +60,000 baht /month from outside Thailand and be granted a Visa to stay.

Let's be honest, Thailand is not UK or Germany. Just look at the roads, the train, the construction value and in general the level of maintenance of everything.

Who will spend his money in BK hospital, buy over expensive condos, or just run a decent bakery?

Well we are moving out, and see how Thailand will do once the border are removed with the 2015 Issean. It's gona be fun.
We can live anywhere in the world. It happens that we love Thailand, our girlfriends and the ease of live here.
But too many regulation make it difficult to stay, and other place have much better Visa rules.

- Cambodia gives you a work permit and unlimited stay without question.
- Philipines gives you 6 month and unlimited extension.

Sure these place are not as ready as Pattaya to welcome us, but I think our money spent there will change that quickly. Make a bakery there and no have any problems of paperwork, and be the first to be in the place in Sihanoukville for example, the city that has the biggest investment and growth in all Asia last year? 

There is a falang war right now, people who have a legitimate Visa punching the ones who where doing border runs... Well stop the fight. We are all coming in Thailand because it is an easy going and cheap country. But this is from the past, now you need to pay 2 EUR + for a simple grapaow gai, condos are more expensive than in Miami per square/meter, police check driving license every corner, buses are aligned on the road at the point that even motorbike cannot drive, you need to carry your passport everywhere you go, you need to notify the immigration when you visit someone in another region of Thailand, no more visa extension.

And who is going to learn Thai with an ED visa? What is the incentive to do so? Understanding your Thai girlfriend? She speak Issean anyway! Find you a job in Thailand? You cannot find a job Thailand: it is illegal!
The Thai language is the less useful language you will learn in your life, only spoken in some part of Thailand (Bangkok and Pattaya) and place where you cannot find a job as a falang: stupid idea.

Good luck with your new rule game and try to find a way to keep the 'good' farang, or see your economic figures next year wink.png

Who earns interest on money in the bank in Singapore?

OB

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

and btw the reason I am upset that I have to leave, is because I have a girlfriend I love, and she has a boy, we stay together 3 years but I will have to leave her behind. She makes 8500 baht / month working in a hotel in an Island, and it is a quite sad situation.

Did you not read the very first reply to your OP?

I am here for 4 years but I have my 2 best friends who are coming in Thailand for more than 15 years.

For long time the Visa system in Thailand was allowing people who have money and just want to stay here for early retirement to stay.
This time is over.
My friends and I are all moving out for the same reason, so I suppose all the people in the same situation are doing the same.

I spend about 1 Million Baht / year in this country, not working here, just because I have the money and I spend it.
My friends are in the same situation, some earning interest on their money blocked in Singapore, some because they have a lot of land in their main country and get the rents from the lands, some because they are earning royalties on music and films.

But with the new visa rules we are all forced to exit the country, and Thailand will have to say bye bye to the 'good' falangs who provided Millions each, not counting the money invested in condos where we are living and that are for sale as I write this.

It seems that this crackdown is not taking in account people who are too young to retire, and have money every month coming from outside Thailand.

I think the people who make the law should make a Visa exception, where you can show 1 year for bank notes showing that you make +60,000 baht /month from outside Thailand and be granted a Visa to stay.

Let's be honest, Thailand is not UK or Germany. Just look at the roads, the train, the construction value and in general the level of maintenance of everything.

Who will spend his money in BK hospital, buy over expensive condos, or just run a decent bakery?

Well we are moving out, and see how Thailand will do once the border are removed with the 2015 Issean. It's gona be fun.
We can live anywhere in the world. It happens that we love Thailand, our girlfriends and the ease of live here.
But too many regulation make it difficult to stay, and other place have much better Visa rules.

Sure these place are not as ready as Pattaya to welcome us, but I think our money spent there will change that quickly. Make a bakery there and no have any problems of paperwork, and be the first to be in the place in Sihanoukville for example, the city that has the biggest investment and growth in all Asia last year? 

There is a falang war right now, people who have a legitimate Visa punching the ones who where doing border runs... Well stop the fight. We are all coming in Thailand because it is an easy going and cheap country. But this is from the past, now you need to pay 2 EUR + for a simple grapaow gai, condos are more expensive than in Miami per square/meter, police check driving license every corner, buses are aligned on the road at the point that even motorbike cannot drive, you need to carry your passport everywhere you go, you need to notify the immigration when you visit someone in another region of Thailand, no more visa extension.

And who is going to learn Thai with an ED visa? What is the incentive to do so? Understanding your Thai girlfriend? She speak Issean anyway! Find you a job in Thailand? You cannot find a job Thailand: it is illegal!
The Thai language is the less useful language you will learn in your life, only spoken in some part of Thailand (Bangkok and Pattaya) and place where you cannot find a job as a falang: stupid idea.

Good luck with your new rule game and try to find a way to keep the 'good' farang, or see your economic figures next year wink.png

OB

One of my friend, I cannot talk too much or give his Identity, I think he would not like. Singapore Banks are giving 2% for no risk saving account. Leverage can get you up to 5-7% but you take a risk...

You never heard about the Thailand Elite program?

This forum is full of (pro and anti) comments about it.

In two words, it is a program that allows foreigners to comfortably stay in the country, with a long term visa and a 1 year stamp per entry.

On top of that there are other nice perks, such as a super stylish welcome at the airport, some golfing privileges and things like that.

But, as all good things, it is not free (reason why it is criticized).

But all those who can afford it should consider that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

This time is over.

OB

I do just not very much thats all...laugh.png

Edited by Soutpeel

In whatever situation Thailand is a bad option as a hub, or for long stays or to live, I like the culture, the nature, food but really there are a lot of things that stinks literally.

And thinking the same with these progressive rules who knows when they will stop, back to democracy etc. Probably this is just a good moment to leave Thailand because who really knows what new actions they will take, a revolutionary thai che, invasion or expansions to the frontier temple, cleaning the south censuring all the media with acceptableness collateral damage, really these things start like this I am not so optimist right now, bad experiences in the past.

This time is over.

OB

Haha, Ok this is just incredible. Paying like 2 Million baht to leave in Thailand? <deleted>? If I was stupid doing things like this I would not have money in my bank for a long time.

Cost less to move and live in Singapore, Japan, and have 20 MBs Internet that works, no electric cuts when it is raining, walls that are thick enough to not listen your neighbors kii in their bathroom. Have you tried the View Talay crap? 

The visa issue is a big one, but I am not going to spend 2M baht for that, not worth it! These people in Thailand have such a big head! Get real, Thailand in 2014 is not Thailand in 2004. find me a beach with no plastic bottle in Thailand!?

why you spend THB 2.0 million ?....TE 5 year visa = THB 500k

• Like 1

Haha, Ok this is just incredible. Paying like 2 Million baht to leave in Thailand? <deleted>? If I was stupid doing things like this I would not have money in my bank for a long time.

Cost less to move and live in Singapore, Japan, and have 20 MBs Internet that works, no electric cuts when it is raining, walls that are thick enough to not listen your neighbors kii in their bathroom. Have you tried the View Talay crap? 

The visa issue is a big one, but I am not going to spend 2M baht for that, not worth it! These people in Thailand have such a big head! Get real, Thailand in 2014 is not Thailand in 2004. find me a beach with no plastic bottle in Thailand!?

why you spend THB 2.0 million ?....TE 5 year visa = THB 500k

Ah? ok it is for 5 years?

Maybe I should read in details. If it is for 5 years, it is maybe more interesting.

For some reason when I read the op my mind played it back with a Russian voice.

Anyway mr op - don't jet the door hot u on the way out. U have made a enough reasons for u to leave.

• Like 1

Anyway my point was that there is a missing Visa in Thailand, the equivalent of the "Exceptional Ability" Visa in the USA.

People who are successful in business, or have done something out of the ordinary should be able to come here to bring their brain and experience in this country (their money too).

But something that is not only based on old retired falang or people who are running a local business.

This time is over.

OB

I do just not very much thats all...laugh.png
Around a cup of coffee a month like me?

OB

Anyway my point was that there is a missing Visa in Thailand, the equivalent of the "Exceptional Ability" Visa in the USA.

People who are successful in business, or have done something out of the ordinary should be able to come here to bring their brain and experience in this country (their money too).

But something that is not only based on old retired falang or people who are running a local business.

Do you feel that you would qualify for a USA National Interest Waiver?