91 year old overstayer leaving Thailand for ever at the end of September

Kaymcdonnell

So this guy is 91 years old and frail.  He has no idea that he has overstayed but he will soon.  His is a British national but will leave to another part of Europe at the end of September.  Paying the overstay is no issue, and not returning is no issue.  What is the worst can happen if he makes to the airport and hands himself in?  Will he be arrested and put in a detention center overnight and deported to England or will he be left to go on his merry way?

He has never abused the system before.  Lived here on a retirement visa and owns about 20MB of leased property.  Went to another country for christmas and new year last year and on return decided to leave thailand for good.  Visa is about 3 months over.  

• Like 1

Hope I live until 91!!

And still be fit enough to travel to pastures new for the next exciting adventure...good luck old codger 555.

Agree.

Why has he decided to leave the land of scams after such a long time?

And to live in Europe? Family reasons?

Hope I live until 91!!

And still be fit enough to travel to pastures new for the next exciting adventure...good luck old codger 555.

Agree.

Why has he decided to leave the land of scams after such a long time?

And to live in Europe? Family reasons?

He not enjoying it here so much anymore mostly because of the heat and lack of getting around.  He is British and has family and friends in Europe so more enjoyment.  He will get to see his daughters more also.   Many of his friends from here have also left, seems like Thailand to some people is not as enjoyable as it used to be.  I am staying, not going anywhere yet, but people who i have known for a very long time are leaving.

• Like 1

Thank you everybody.  He is a really great guy and i am very pleased for him that he is going home.  He actually does not want to go to England and that was my main concern,  wether they would let him leave to go anywhere he wanted to, or with all the new regulations i thought they might insist that he had to be deported to the UK

Hope I live until 91!!

Not sure I want to live that  long. There comes a time when life is reduced to little more than breathing and various other less attractive  bodily functions. Clinging desperately to that sort of existence seems a bit pathetic.

Of course, if you remain healthy and active, that's great. May you live to 150. Only hope that your financial resources keep up with inflation.

His finances are in good order and he still has quality of life, knows what is going on around him etc.  He is leaving to spend his last years closer to his family and easier climate to deal with.  He still likes to go out and have a swift couple of beers and just traveled for 4 months to Australia where he also has family.  Can still walk around but not very far.  Can see well and hear well.  Can crack so good jokes and can eat a meal bigger than more men.  Always game for a laugh, but his lady chasing ways are long long gone.

He could always find a friendly doctor who is willing to write a "Do Not Travel" sickness certificate valid until he leaves, at 91 and frail as you say I am sure he can pull that off with the immigration staff and possibly not even pay an overstay or be banned under those circumstances.

At 91 there are far more friendly infrastructures in the world. My parents are 90 and 92 and I would not want them to live here. Just getting out of a car could be very hazardous here for a 91 year old. 

When I am in my 80's I may leave for an environment more conducive to those who are physically and sensory challenged should I live that long.

• Like 1

Hope I live until 91!!

is this the same guy on another thread looking to start a family!! Good on him at 91:)

He has never abused the system before.  Lived here on a retirement visa and owns about 20MB of leased property.  Went to another country for christmas and new year last year and on return decided to leave thailand for good.  Visa is about 3 months over.  

Hi Kay! Haven't seen you since we all got bladdered on the boat trip from Chalong! I hope you're well? You know the answer to this surely? It's not like he's stayed 10 years on overstay! He'll pay the fine at Phuket airport, everybody will be polite and respectful and he'll be on his way!! Take care, I hope biz is picking up? XX

91 year old overstayer leaving Thailand for ever at the end of September

An overstayer leaving? Thank God!

Clearly by his own admission he is a criminal.

ahh, ayy johnie lad, no need for that, the mans proberly fought to keep England from the clutches of the jeeermans, put his life on the line for our country, av a bit of respect kidda...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 2

Is this the same bloke I was talking to in the bar a few months ago? He was 91 and was looking for a girl of 19.....He reckons when he was 81 he had an 18-year old.....81 -18....91-19...I wish I live long enough to play this game....

Wait till he reaches 101 smile.png

As a Brit he no doubt likes to reach the age of "Queen Mother Elisabeth" who departed at age 101.