Commission only employment

PCM means per calendar month, and yes have been offered a commission only job in Thailand with a financial company in the Asoke area, they said the job comes with non b visa and work permit but its worrying as they only pay commission (not sure if allowed to say company name so you can Google financial company asoke exchange tower)

I bet they never give you a visa too they will say it is in the pipe line along with your commission and when you are into them for a lot in your eyes of outstanding commission for sales you have completed they wil still tell you your visa is in the pipe line.

Then they have you by the short and curlies if you complain your outstanding commissions will not arrive.

A mate of mine went though all this drama b4 in the end he suck the loss and went back to Ausy.

Be on your guard

Do yourself a favour before you commit to D. V.  Google them yourself.  Are they an SEC authorised financial advisor?

You will never get a work permit.

They're not a boiler room though as someone suggested.

• Like 2

How do companies like financial advising organisations get away with only paying commission to their foreign employees? The law states it is 50,000 pcm for a British national.

They usually pay a draw which would satisfy visa/wp requirements. Many eat what you kill brokers use this model.

OB

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

How do companies like financial advising organisations get away with only paying commission to their foreign employees? The law states it is 50,000 pcm for a British national.

They usually pay a draw which would satisfy visa/wp requirements. Many eat what you kill brokers use this model.

OB

yeah. there is no financial requirement for a work permit. How do you think volunteers obtain them ?

Edited by Spoonman

OB

yeah. there is no financial requirement for a work permit. How do you think volunteers obtain them ?

Gotcha. So the draw would cover the extension requirements. His friend would only start making money at the low watermark. It's not my idea of a secure income but if the guy is good and does well then it might work. I know quite a few people on this model (cantor, btig etc)

OB