Thai firms urged to register copyrights, patents to forestall overseas piracy

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha.  

Yes, Robinson should register its logo internationally to stop the Singapore Robinson, whom they nicked it from, from enforcing ownership rights. The Government Pharma Organisation should also rush to register the trade marks of its knock-off drugs.  Hysterical idea.  

Edited by Dogmatix

Thai are concerned that their intellectual property will be pirated. "Intellectual property" is an oxymoron when referring to Thailand.

Any rational reason why Thais should not have their inventions or innovations protected?

No reason at all.....................just as long as they agree to abide by the rules that the rest of the developed world have agreed to..............but because T.I.T, we know that's never likely to happen don't we?

This coming from the biggest copyright thieves and pirates on the planet.  We can copy your stuff but don't touch thai stuff because it's not fair.

Has Thailand actually invented/developed anything that the world would want?  Pad Thai is the only thing I can think of but I may be wrong as it might be pirated

Well there is Red Bull (unless that's a copy) although it needed outside help to promote it worldwide. HM the king has a few patents I believe but the again he wasn't born or educated here. I'm sure there's more but I don't know what they are.

I think posters are being a bit unfair regarding this advice as it seems perfectly reasonable to me. The advice is that Thais who invent or develop something original need to protect their intellectual property rights or they may find they have problems with others copying them and legally obtaining patents in other countries and even in Thailand. They need this advice as copyright and patents are something Thais seem to know little about and appear to just ignore it. Up to now it probably hasn't bothered them too much as they've always been the copiers but they may find things aren't so good when it's they who are being stolen from.

I don't know if Krungthai Bank are thinking of expanding in the west but they should check on the extent of copyright of the Barclay's logo.