A Question About The Tourist Visa

Im from the UK and i know i dont need a tourist visa, but can i still apply for one? Id like to be able to be there for longer than 30 days before having to do a run.

Also if i can, then would i be able to get another one, once my 3 months is up, i probaly wont need it, but just in case.

go to a thai consulate in the UK and apply for a multiple entry tourist visa. you will then receive an entry stamp with 60 days when you enter thailand.

you can get a 30 day extension from thai immigration once you are here.

if you want to stay longer, then go for a visa run.

Thanks for the tip, is the Thai Embassy in London any good, its the closest one to me. Ive heard that they can be not very helpful sometimes.

Also, how much does the visa cost? I will probaly only need it the once, just to get sorted. The three months will be long enough to settle down.

One last question; do you need to get the extension when the 60 days run out, or can you get it when you arrive?

Thanks for the advice, its really helpful!

Thanks for the tip, is the Thai Embassy in London any good, its the closest one to me. Ive heard that they can be not very helpful sometimes.

Also, how much does the visa cost? I will probaly only need it the once, just to get sorted. The three months will be long enough to settle down.

One last question; do you need to get the extension when the 60 days run out, or can you get it when you arrive?

You need to go to Immigration in Thailand and get an extension of 30 days. You now say that a single entry visa will suffice, so the Embassy in London is fine.

You need to go to Immigration in Thailand and get an extension of 30 days. You now say that a single entry visa will suffice, so the Embassy in London is fine.

Are they a problem for multiple-entry visas?

Are they a problem for multiple-entry visas?

They should be ok for a two entry Tourist visa. If you are concerned, use the mail and apply at one of the Consulates in the UK.