Danish artist murdered by ex-girlfriend in the Philippines

webfact

Danish artist murdered by ex-girlfriend in the Philippines

bjerre_dead-300x225.jpg
Jens Overgaard Bjerre. Photo used with permission from the Bjerre family.

BANGKOK: - The Danish cobra-inspired artist and communication consultant, Jens Overgaard Bjerre, 65, was on July 17, 2014 murdered by his former Filipino girlfriend with three stab wounds, including one through his heart which killed him, while he was asleep in his hotel room in Cebu.

He has now been flown to Denmark to undergo a forensic examination.

Jens Overgaard Bjerre loved the Philippines and traveled there for a period regularly over the past nine years. He often got his inspiration for his art using paintings in combination with writing, during his holidays in the Philippines.

After the typhoon Yolanda struck, he painted four pictures and sold them at Scandinavian auctions and donated the money to victims.

Denmark and the Philippines have lost a great artist in this senseless, unprovoked murder. Jens Overgaard Bjerre had always been supportive of the poorest people in any society he found himself in. His ancestors were among the first to introduce free medical care for the poor in Denmark.

“The family is in deep sorrow and do not want to comment any further,” said P. Aabenhus, an employee of Jens Overgaard Bjerre Company.

Source: http://scandasia.com/danish-artist-murdered-by-ex-girlfriend-in-the-philippines/

-- ScandAsia 2014-08-14

In the PI - anyone that knows the country & people = no surprise there......

Pgrahmm, you have statistics to back up your claim? At least not as many farangs killed by their Thai wives/gfs. Ooops, a few ruffled feathers here no doubt but that was a careless comment.
  • Like 1

He ask her to take a bath...wash the clothes...clean up the kitchen...and wash the car...all unacceptable...

At least she did not eat him...like the Chinese fellow did with his parents...

Edited by ggt

Rest in peace Mr. Bejerre, being stabbed to death must be one of the worst ways to die. I did a little research on his work and found it very abstract and somewhat disturbing. Here is an example of his work called "American Indians Forever".

[attachment=279246:American Indians Forever.jpg]

Edited by BobTH

Rest in peace Mr. Bejerre, being stabbed to death must be one of the worst ways to die. I did a little research on his work and found it very abstract and somewhat disturbing. Here is an example of his work called "American Indians Forever".

attachicon.gifAmerican Indians Forever.jpg

Terrible incident, RIP to a man who was obviously a well loved artist.

I do not mean to sound disrespectful but that picture looks like it has been lifted off a nursery wall.

strange MO, her doing it herself. Philippine way is to do hire-killings, or at least have a 3rd party that stands to gain from the result.

I was over there 1995, when an aussie was shot at home the day after married.

Months later, I was almost set up by my the now-ex, to 'go for a boatride', with who I luckily found was her 'real love'; who by the way was eventually caught for having stabbed her original husband to death a year earlier. 

strange MO, her doing it herself. Philippine way is to do hire-killings, or at least have a 3rd party that stands to gain from the result.

I was over there 1995, when an aussie was shot at home the day after married.

Months later, I was almost set up by my the now-ex, to 'go for a boatride', with who I luckily found was her 'real love'; who by the way was eventually caught for having stabbed her original husband to death a year earlier. 

Interesting! You should write a thread about that unique w00t.gif  experience.

I hope your life is now less dangerous.  whistling.gif

Sorry Mr. Jens Overgaard Bjerre 

http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jens_Overgaard_Bjerre

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Jens+Overgaard+Bjerre&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enTH439TH439&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=a0nuU56lBdiF8gWAoIGQDg&ved=0CCMQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=667

Edited by ALFREDO

attachicon.gifAmerican Indians Forever.jpg

Terrible incident, RIP to a man who was obviously a well loved artist.

I do not mean to sound disrespectful but that picture looks like it has been lifted off a nursery wall.

But it sounds "disrespectful" how you qualify to be a "Art critic"? blink.png

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Jens+Overgaard+Bjerre&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Jk3uU6e9E4Ph8AWftYHgCw&ved=0CCMQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=667

What you write about some of these paintings?

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=pablo+picasso+paintings+images&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enTH439TH439&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=PEvuU6HtENfn8AXekoCYCA&ved=0CBoQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=667

And now, show us your "Art effusions" please. whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Well GAZZPA

That was the basic idea behind the COBRA manifest.

COBRA was objecting/antipathy to the surrealist paintings that were in fashion around 1950, it was a unifying doctrine of complete freedom of colour and form, and I love your observation 'lifted off a nursery wall'
Is so good, that I don't hesitate to compliment you for your brilliant observation.