Dental Bridge

aussiee

I need a 5-tooth bridge to replace one that I lost.

The anchor teeth are already prepared so is it possible to bypass the dentist and deal directly with a dental technician? - as is common at home.

It would appear that dentists want to charge 8-10,000 per tooth (metal/porcelain).

Do they charge more in tourist destinations?

Would it be cheaper in another city like Bkk, Korat, Udon?

Am at Koh Samui now but will be free to travel anywhere next month.

Any advice will be appreciated?

I had upper and lower bridges made last week. Cost was 5500 baht for each metal frame and 500 baht for each tooth.Total cost for me was 18,000 baht for the 2 bridges..St Mary's Hospital Korat.

Lefty

Lefty

Are you talking about a denture or permanent crown and bridge? I had all my teeth crowned, and the missing ones bridged. They are not meant to come out but one of my bridges came loose and I lost it somehow???

Talking about removable bridge.Google dentist thailand you will get many dental clinics,all their websites will have price schedule for their services.

Lefty

• 2 weeks later...

Technicians make bridges but they can not fit them onto your teeth. You also need dentists to adjust bridges and make sure they are not too high and that there wont be any harm to your opposing teeth and jaw joint.

I've recently attended Samitivej for dental treatment (root canal for an M3 Molar and a bridge to replace a missing M2 Molar)

After the dentist nicked a nerve whilst administering local anaethetic which took 2 months to heal, the root canal treatment after 4 brief visits amounted to 70000 baht.

They proposed a crown on the M3 molar and bridge to replace my missing M2 molar on which the cost is currently running at 70000 baht.

Dentistry is becoming expensive in Thailand.

It appears you must have had considerably more RCT expense than normal (due nerve damage?) as seriously doubt any facility charges anywhere near that price for a normal RCT. Less than 20k would likely be normal at highest priced office.

Or are you indicating 70k for total treatment (rct/crown/bridge)?

It appears you must have had considerably more RCT expense than normal (due nerve damage?) as seriously doubt any facility charges anywhere near that price for a normal RCT. Less than 20k would likely be normal at highest priced office.

Or are you indicating 70k for total treatment (rct/crown/bridge)?

Hi Lopburi3,

Thanks, a typo error error on my part for the RCT and you are correct, it was 20000 baht for the RCT and not 70000.

The crown and bridge is additionally 70000 baht at the moment with 1 or 2 more dentist visits expected.