Missing Mail

Seligne2

My North American credit card expired in March. It is now August. I am still without a replacement card. The replacement was forwarded to me in Feb. Never arrived. I cancelled it and a replacement card for my second card was sent in early July. It has not arrived. I suppose I will have to use DHL or UPS, In the meantime, is there a process for reporting/complaining to Thailand Post?

I don't think USPS is going to forward anything to Thailand.....was it repackaged, and then sent?  I just got my new one yesterday, it had been sent to my parents house.  They took out the 42 page cardmember agreement, and sent me the rest....1.98 usd.  Would have been about 8 days without the holidays.  Activating was tricky, and I ended up calling them collect, and got the thing activated.  If you're a good customer, they will likely fedex you a new card on their account.  THe worst they can say is "no."  

I don't think USPS is going to forward anything to Thailand.....was it repackaged, and then sent?  I just got my new one yesterday, it had been sent to my parents house.  They took out the 42 page cardmember agreement, and sent me the rest....1.98 usd.  Would have been about 8 days without the holidays.  Activating was tricky, and I ended up calling them collect, and got the thing activated.  If you're a good customer, they will likely fedex you a new card on their account.  THe worst they can say is "no."  

The credit cards go to my permanent address in Vancouver. A friend there repackages and then forwards, the last time in a paperback book to make it harder to guess that it is a credit card. Mailed to me on 9 Jul. 

The "investigation form" on the Thailand Post website looks pretty dodgy: just a very poor jpg image. 

I had a new card sent from my bank in Australia to my home address in Chiang Mai. t was in the Bank's envelope and it was easy to guess what the envelope contained...no problem with Australia Post or Thai Post.

The credit cards go to my permanent address in Vancouver. A friend there repackages and then forwards, the last time in a paperback book to make it harder to guess that it is a credit card. Mailed to me on 9 Jul. 

The "investigation form" on the Thailand Post website looks pretty dodgy: just a very poor jpg image. 

I have had letters and cards not delivered to me from Vancouver. If it is important My son who goes to Seattle often takes it down there and gets the expensive delivery. Cost me $16 last time. Had one from the states Wells Fargo come to me four months after I asked for it. Visa Royal Bank Canada did not screw around with it they sent it DHL.

I am from Canada too;my sister get my new credit card ( renewal) .  Like another poster said, she get rid of the agreement and publicity and just post me the card taped to a piece of paper inside a normal envelope.

She always send it REGISTERED MAIL and my cards always arrive no problems.  I call the bank using Skype to activate the card.

* In case  the card have a PIN number change received  in a separate envelope, she  use the phone to inform me.

**Naturally Registered mail from Canada is around 16 dollars for a regular envelope but is is safe.

Edited by cnx355
  • Like 1

I am from Canada too;my sister get my new credit card ( renewal) .  Like another poster said, she get rid of the agreement and publicity and just post me the card taped to a piece of paper inside a normal envelope.

She always send it REGISTERED MAIL and my cards always arrive no problems.  I call the bank using Skype to activate the card.

* In case  the card have a PIN number change received  in a separate envelope, she  use the phone to inform me.

**Naturally Registered mail from Canada is around 16 dollars for a regular envelope but is is safe.

I have had two registered mail not come to me from Surrey Canada. Maybe it is the post office the ex deals with.

My last two monthly mail forwardings from the US have never arrived. Prior to these two, I'd received them EVERY month between the 10th-14th for years...

Very odd...

Same same..........still missing a package mailed just before the military took over.

I have had two registered mail not come to me from Surrey Canada. Maybe it is the post office the ex deals with.

Did you track your  registered mail on Canada Post and Thai Post Web site ?

You can view when the mail leave Canada and when it arrive in Thailand you can see what post office get  your mail.

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinternet/Default.aspx

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/default.jsf

I would not be too quick to put the blame solely on Thai Post,

I dont about the US or rest of Europe,but i suspect the Royal

mail has a few scoundrels working for it. 

I ordered  3 door bells,and a Rapoo wireless Keyboard ,Mouse,

from a Chinese company,at first they said it was on the way,few days

later they said China Post would not accept them as contained 

Lithium batteries,so would have to look for alternative postal service,

3 days later they said the parcel was on its way from Swedish post !,

China-Thailand via Sweden ?, anyway yesterday i tracked it leaving Lak Si post

so hopefully it will arrive intact next day or two, taken more than a month.

regards Worgeordie

I have had numerous items go missing in the last year or so. The only ones which seem to arrive are the smallish "plain brown envelopes" which contain my monthly pension/ pay slip.

Everything else, including Christmas Cards, Birthday Cards and even Fathers Day Cards have been posted in UK but never arrived here. It seems that anything that looks like its a "gift" eg a birthday card, which also tends to be a more unusual size goes missing.

In answer to one comment, the gift cards posted from here to UK have always arrived there, but of course they go much more directly into the "official" mail service.

Its reached the stage now where I ve advised my family in the UK not to bother with cards, we can send greetings to each other online these days!

Very sad but not untypical.

If your post office is small enough go and talk to them.

My local post office handles a population of 100k people. Every time I go there they show me improperly addressed mail from overseas addressed to farangs here. They ask me if I know who it is for. Most of it is from governments, pensions, and banks.

Many of the adress errors result from the computer templates used for western addresses. I see a lot of mistakes with the way Thai addresses are wriiten. eg. House numbers use slashes, Moo. instead of streets, Taboons instead of Citys, etc.

Also, if the sender of the "book" was being clever and obtaining the media rate; that is the slowest possible way.  I've seen media take three weeks within the US.

A lot could be concealed in a book, too, so keep that in mind.  I have the sender put THAILAND on the bottom line, instead of the ZIP, which is customary in the US, but I think putting 50200 at the bottom will give it a fair chance of heading to central Iowa.  I'm 3/3 on receiving in the last month.....One outbound took 21 days to reach the US, and the other is on day 17.  My Peanut Butter King shipment arrived in 1 day.....38 thb for a 950 gram package, from Lamphun.