Just drove through the Central Festival underpass for the first time

SeaVisionBurma

Hi Val ,

Im not sure but I think they were just working on the road section in front of the tunnel , hence why the road was closed .

But hey it was absolutley chucking it down , so maybe flooded who knows.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would be pretty daft to use the bypass these days.

If I need to get from Heroine's to Central or vice versa, it's MUCH quicker to go through the centre of Phuket Town.

Oh, and less chance of having an unfinished underpass collapse onto your head. TIT!

Edited by Flying Clog

You would be pretty daft to use the bypass these days.

If I need to get from Heroine's to Central or vice versa, it's MUCH quicker to go through the centre of Phuket Town.

Oh, and less chance of having an unfinished underpass collapse onto your head. TIT!

Took me 2 days ago about 10 minutes from Central to pass Tesco, on the way back no waiting at either junction.

Had to go through twice yesterday but not too much of a lineup. I hope they ban sidecars from using the underpass though. One got in front of the line which caused everyone behind to slow to a crawl. They are sometimes difficult to get past on the open road when a lot of traffic & then they sneak through to the front of the line at the next set of lights.

Yes, they can be a big problem at times....The powers that be have said that motorbikes can not use the underpass and will have a dedicated lane above...whether or not this applies similarly to sidecars will be seen in time i guess...

They can say what they like. Nothing ever gets enforced. If the rider of a salang wants to use the tunnel he will do so without a second thought.

If it becomes a problem then you will see policeman sitting at the outlet collecting money, just as they to at all the overpasses in Bangkok.