Farang bottle collector

Aceman80

I believe that someone have seen this fellow,i was in short holiday in Patts and saw this guy collecting plastic bottles from 7-11 bin in buakhao opposite daily market place,i wonder what is his story?

Rides blue motorbike with sidecart,bald and maybe in 50´s.

i just wonder when new visa rules comes to effect what happens to these guys.

We have one expat in our village, a real cheap charlie and he also collect plastic bottles wherever he can find them and don't pay the yearly maintenance fee.

I know he "owns" 2 houses, what an odd man.

His motor bike with sidecar is red though.

OP, you can sell plastic bottles for 7 to 10Baht per kilo.

The more he collects the more money he gets.

Nothing wrong with that.

I always wanted to get something back from all the bottles that I buy , where can I deliver the bottles , could get maybe 100 baht weekly .

OP, you can sell plastic bottles for 7 to 10Baht per kilo.

The more he collects the more money he gets.

Nothing wrong with that.

Yes i know,same with glass,you can sell it.

My question was that what drove him in situation like this.

For beggers from cambo/nam/burma i have no pity for but sometimes falangs like this make me feel bad,i know us/uk people are more tough but me as a scandinavian,i feel for them. But no,i'm not unicef and cannot help individual if he does not want help.

And couple of cases where everyone have pitched in and helped someone including me,in 1 year guys have returned to thailand.

He is from Germany and lived in Thailand 37 years. Speak Thai fluently.

He's very polite and friendly man, and always helpful to others, with good advice, and with money.

He can be observed when not working, dressed up and have money to spend. Don't judge the book by it's cover.

• Like 2

I refill my own water bottles in those water refill machines outside my apartment. Never buy new if I can avoid it. Got the same bottles at least 6 months.

Me too but bacteria experts say that you should really change your bottles at least every Month, that's what I do. Aparently more and more bacteria builds up in your bottles over time and could cause you a serious illness.

http://green.answers.com/recycling/the-potential-side-effects-of-reusing-plastic-water-bottles

• Like 2

Just send him back I would say

For collecting plastic bottles?

You think he's a major menace to society?

No, but there are many very very poor Thais doing the same. They need the mony more. If he is bored, he could clean the beach.