Credit of 12 bht being zapped from true move H number

ultimate weapon

I am currently not in Thailand but I make it a point to ensure my thai numbers don't expire. I occasionally slot in my SIM card while overseas to just check on the credit and I record down all my credit and I noticed a sum of 12 bht is deducted everytime I slot in the SIM card this is the 2nd time. I am using an iPhone with cellular data disabled as it is on wifi. I am not in Thailand so when it connects to my country's phone network it's on roaming mode. I don't send SMS, make phone calls or use any data obviously cos if would incur a very high charge on a foreign network. Unless you automatically incur a charge just for connecting to a foreign network which I have never heard of. My other thai number is from Ais and I don't have such an issue. True move H also doesn't have the automatic 1bht per min charge unlike Ais its pay as you use. Its a tourist SIM card btw just to provide more information. Hope someone could explain what the issue is so I don't need to call up true move H.

With truemove H certain checks are paid for. I can only presume that because you are abroad then you are incurring a roaming charge to check your balance. As long as you are not using your card then the balance isn't going to reduce so simply stop checking it ?

turns out that i was zapped around 11.8bht 2x was cos of international sms being sent. Since i am roaming it's considered international sms being sent. This is easy enough to understand.

Here is the problem. I never sent any sms. Since i know i am roaming i wouldn't be dumb enough to use the sim for calls, data or sms so suffice to say my phone must have automatically sent 2 international sms but with no record of it. Doesn't make sense. I asked the cso and she didn't know and made up some story of someone sending me sms which isn't true.

Does anyone know if true move H sends out sms automatically to the system whenever it connects to a network? One of the phone companies in my country does that and i seen it before it just says sending sms to some unknown number and there is a cancel button but it's so fast. I didn't see that occur btw.

Simply slotting in your sim wont check your balance ? With mine I have to input *212# send and I get my balance and an sms. If you are physically checking your balance you are going to get charged as per check. If your sim card isn't in it can't be using credit so why do you need to check it ?

Simply slotting in your sim wont check your balance ? With mine I have to input *212# send and I get my balance and an sms. If you are physically checking your balance you are going to get charged as per check. If your sim card isn't in it can't be using credit so why do you need to check it ?

I input #123# and i don't get an sms but that msg that you can dismiss.

Of course you need to slot in your sim to check if not how would the sim register on the network?

Just to double check.

Did you know that if your sim isn't on the network for say some time maybe days when you call it there isn't any msg but it seems like it's been deregistered.

If i disabled roaming i wouldn't be able to check my credit while overseas.

Don,t put the SIM card in and you wont be charged-not "rocket science" is it whistling.gif

so how do i check my credit?

Also my question is why did i get charged. I didn't send any sms or make any calls or anything just slotted in my sim card while not in thailand and i get charged like 12 bht why should this be the case?

I want to know why i was charged for not doing anything on the cell phone.