Thaksin orders Pheu Thai, red-shirt leaders to forgive and forget: report

Lite Beer

Thaksin orders Pheu Thai, red-shirt leaders to forgive and forget: report
August 17, 2014 9:55 am

BANGKOK: -- Overjoyed with news that he is about to have twin granddaughters, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has ordered leaders of the Pheu Thai Party and the red-shirt movement to withdraw all legal lawsuits against their political opponents, Thairath TV reported.

It quoted a Pheu Thai source as saying that Thaksin wanted the Pheu Thai and red-shirt leaders to forgive and forget and end the conflicts during the tenure of the junta.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Thaksin-orders-Pheu-Thai-red-shirt-leaders-to-forg-30241101.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-08-17

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a fine thing to say to win brownie points, keep up the nice guy image (he believes) HE is the main sharag and instigator ---what a false face he wears.bah.gif pewk.

Alone against Sondhi are about 500 lawsuits, mostly defamation from Thaksin and cronies....I would like to know if they all will be canceled now.

Finally realizes the game he has been playing for so long is

finally over,maybe going to take a lower profile(if he could)

then sometime in the future rise like a Phoenix, its very hard to

believe anything this man says.

regards Worgeordie

Now he makes the good guy to position himself for the next elections......he wanted peace and forgave everyone (forgave everyone who wanted democracy and less corruption)

That's a fine thing to say to win brownie points, keep up the nice guy image (he believes) HE is the main sharag and instigator ---what a false face he wears.bah.gif pewk.

Alone against Sondhi are about 500 lawsuits, mostly defamation from Thaksin and cronies....I would like to know if they all will be canceled now.

Interesting point, because Sondhi is currently doing some jail time... Perhaps he needs a new cell mate.

Edited by Local Drunk

"Overjoyed with news that he is about to have twin granddaughters"

She's been pregnant for five months and he's probably known about the pregnancy since before the coup.

Due to the timing of the announcement now this is probably part of a larger coordinated plan with the greens. Everyone can hope this is a move towards reconciliation. Win win.

You are an optimist. This is as a result of yesterday's news.

• Like 2

"Overjoyed with news that he is about to have twin granddaughters"

She's been pregnant for five months and he's probably known about the pregnancy since before the coup.

Due to the timing of the announcement now this is probably part of a larger coordinated plan with the greens. Everyone can hope this is a move towards reconciliation. Win win.

You are an optimist. This is as a result of yesterday's news.

Maybe you are right, although I think this pablum the news media feeds the likes of you and me is merely fluff for public consumption. I suspect Mr. T. has more reliable sources of information. Yesterday's news was also drivel pumped out by the media for public consumption.

• Like 2

Not a lot to defend here is there, now everything is so out and open for eyes to see, Thaksin never dreamed he would get so much bad publicity, as he controlled it before , and now that's gone.

I am amazed we don't have any of the TVF splinter group on this topic as they hog the military related ones. Suicide is not the way out Thaksin, it could even come to that.

• Like 1

Well, the red shirt leaders are obviously inept, three stooges soldiers, maybe they could better serve their country as diplomats.

thumbsup.gif

I hope the yellow shirt leader and creator, convicted on similar charges as Thaksin and given a much longer prison sentence, can follow suit and drop all the lawsuits....but probably not--the kangaroos in lower courts are on his side.

thumbsup.gif

Following Thai politics is hilarious. We have two groups of lying clowns, each packed into a mini cooper color of their choice, accusing the other group of being lying clowns as they pass each other on Sukhimvit and then (separately) run over the red bull heir and claim the other group did it first.

Amazing Tiedland. I like the good General a lot more than any leader either group has ever fielded.

• Like 1

Didn't he do this before at the beginning of the year? Maybe he's worried about the Abhisit, Suthep murder case and the fact it will be obvious that he planned to blame those two whilst protecting those who fired the shots. Could be difficult for some redshirt leaders as well who demanded justice for those killed but did nothing to stop the government covering it up.

I may be just cynical but it looks like a PR exercise to me but like much of what he does not very convincing.

You're not being cynical at all. There really never was or is a case against either... Where Mr. Shin faltered was in thinking that he could intimidate the two without implicating the military.

What the two should do is to say... I want my day in court.

• Like 1

Didn't he do this before at the beginning of the year? Maybe he's worried about the Abhisit, Suthep murder case and the fact it will be obvious that he planned to blame those two whilst protecting those who fired the shots. Could be difficult for some redshirt leaders as well who demanded justice for those killed but did nothing to stop the government covering it up.

I may be just cynical but it looks like a PR exercise to me but like much of what he does not very convincing.

PR exercise very obviously. Let's not forget, YL is back here about to face charges... the softer Mr T. can make things and relations with the junta will work in her favour... I don't think it's anything to do with the pregnancy... I think he's trying to soften any potentially hard blows.