Ladyboy arrested following assault on American in Central Pattaya

webfact

Ladyboy arrested following assault on American in Central Pattaya

usa-41.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Following the alleged attack on an American in front of a Ladyboy Bar in Soi Buakhao on Thursday Night, Pattaya Police announced on Saturday that they had arrested a suspect in connection with the case.

Police Major General Sanit, the Commissioner of Region 2 Police, led a press conference at Pattaya Police Station and confirmed the arrest of Khun Suranat aged 28 who reportedly confessed to the assault.

During the press conference the suspect told Journalists that he did strike the victim, Mr. Shawn Bowsher, across the head with his high-heeled shoe, but claimed he was acting in self-defense as he feared that the aggressive nature of Mr. Bowsher was going to develop into an assault on him and Khun Suranat decided to strike first.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/139980/ladyboy-arrested-following-assault-on-american-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-08-18

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A year on the slammer minimum. Need to set standards!

The defendant will either settle the matter in the police station and charges will be dropped or will have witnesses to affirm in court that the American behaved in a threatening manner. If the case does go to court the American probably won't be in Thailand and therefore won't be able to give testimony. Case dismissed.

• Like 2

Obviously this ladyboy does not look at her best in these photos, but I'm willing to bet that she looks good when made up and dressed in the bar.

We don't know what happened here, except that someone was attacked which may or may not have been an act of self defence.

I know this:

1/ I have been to that bar myself, and many other ladyboy bars and I have never been attacked or ever seen any of the "girls" acting in any threatening or violent manner at all.

2/ I have seen many men be incredibly rude and insulting to ladyboys in Thailand, and I have witnessed farang men physically assaulting a ladyboy for no reason.

Like I said, I don't know what happened here, but the poor quality of reporting probably means I never will.

I know this:

I was assaulted by a ladyboy in Pattaya because I refused to give him/her 100 baht he/she demanded because I had taken a picture of him/her. It became a matter of principle with me because he/she had not told me in advance of the charge. I managed to escape without too much injury. Today? I would have given him/her the 100 baht out of a strange mixture of pity, fear and realization that I should have asked him/her in advance if I was going be charged for the snapshot.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 2

Self defense by striking first. Makes perfect Thai logical sense

It worked for General Buck Turgidson (Dr. Strangelove 1964) with the assist of crazy Wing Commander J.D. Ripper:

It also holds up well in some U.S. States that have "Stand Your Ground" laws AFAIK.

• Like 1

Assumptions Assumptions Assumptions....

The facts are: There was clearly some sort of exchange.... there was an assault and it was deliberate and now there's a consequence...

Is this really such a big news story?

• Like 1

Yep that is definitely a bloke dressed in womens underwear. He does even look the slightest bit like a woman no wonder the American told this ugly bloke to bugger off. The Thai guy probably said to the American, "Do you think I am pretty" and when he was told the truth, your a dog he got upset.

Always a pleasure to read illiterate and ill-informed speculation in the pages of ThaiVisa of a Monday morning.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I'm pretty sure the video of the fight was floating around on Face book . but now i can't find it. once he got knocked down a couple other ladyboys started kicking him in the head . he got pulled out of there quickly. I would have dropped that ladyboy on the ground after the first time getting hit. not take multiple hits because the person was wearing a dress . Ive seen many people that needed a good smack for being so rude . but this got over the top and fast...

• Like 2

Yep that is definitely a bloke dressed in womens underwear. He does even look the slightest bit like a woman no wonder the American told this ugly bloke to bugger off. The Thai guy probably said to the American, "Do you think I am pretty" and when he was told the truth, your a dog he got upset.

Always a pleasure to read illiterate and ill-informed speculation in the pages of ThaiVisa of a Monday morning.

Right on. Amazing how some people give them selves permission to drag a person into the mud when they have no basis for any such comments.

• Like 2