Ladyboy arrested following assault on American in Central Pattaya

webfact

Self defense by striking first. Makes perfect Thai logical sense

If a person came at you, swung and missed, you might take the oportunity to hit them first. Nothing illogical about that. No need for Thai bashing.

The thai guy apparently attacked him with a weapon 1st. How is that Thai Bashing? Did the American swing and miss at him first?

Mate I am a good American basher but don't do it where it is not justified.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real story is around somewhere. I find it amusing that when punks on bikes rob someone barely an eye is batted but whenever a ladyboy does something, the comments go on forever. Wow its hard to believe that some of you had people had offsprings....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

How many of those "PUNKS" on bikes have been ladyboys? A lot of stories on Thaivisa about ladyboys on bikes. You are new, do some research and see ladyboys are active on bikes, hiding underbeds, tolling the streets and scamming in the bars to name a few.

The real story is around somewhere. I find it amusing that when punks on bikes rob someone barely an eye is batted but whenever a ladyboy does something, the comments go on forever. Wow its hard to believe that some of you had people had offsprings....

How many of those "PUNKS" on bikes have been ladyboys? A lot of stories on Thaivisa about ladyboys on bikes. You are new, do some research and see ladyboys are active on bikes, hiding underbeds, tolling the streets and scamming in the bars to name a few.

Don't forget all the stories of ladyboys being treated as bikes

Well done to the Thai Police for catching the criminal. It makes me feel safer knowing the police will investigate violent attackers and make arrests. Hopefully word will get around the perpetrators circle of friends that its NOT OK and they will think twice before resorting to ultra violence so quickly.

Edited by Pui

Don't forget all the stories of ladyboys being treated as bikes

OMG. You are totally right, all these foreign tourists flocking to Thailand to abuse these people. Foreigners turning honest Thai men into ladyboys so they can ride them. All along I thought it was Thai men wearing dresses and lipstick to attract the sex tourist. Foreigners and tourists dragging the country down. Then you have TAT trying to encourage more to come. That means Thailand will need more frocks, the junta has closed the border with Cambodia where 2nd hand clothing was being brought in, pirated lipstick. So many Thai men won't have access to frocks and tourism will be effected if foreigners cant create bikes

Edited by chooka

The difference is that if a bunch of punks were hanging around a tourist area groping and robbing people, the police would remove and/or arrest them - and everyone here would applaud that.

However, if a bunch of punks put on a dress and high heels, then to some here on TV, as well as the police, it is suddenly all ok, and if tourists get upset when they are being robbed or groped, then it is ok for the punks to beat up those tourists.

I walked past that bar on Saturday night.

Ok, I was invited to step inside and enjoy a cool beer, but just smiled and said, "Sorry girls, not tonight" and got a couple of cheery, "why nots?".

What I did not do was come out with an aggressive mouthful of foul language.

Many Westerners simply do not realise how offensive people of other cultures can find "f*** off" as a first line response; presumably now because it is so overused by Hollywood and in television drama.

I do know what the Thai language equivalent is, involving unpleasant references to one's mother, and I have never had it used by a Thai towards me, in any situation.

What's the difference between a group of angry young Thai men pouncing on the opportunity to dole out some physical group violence to an offending farang and a group of frustrated homophobic thaivisa posters pouncing on the opportunity to dole out some verbal abuse towards transexuals?

Not a lot!

Well, one is verbal and thereby legal, the other is physical and thereby illegal. A major difference to most people - and the law.

The question referred to the groups and not the actions.

The urge that so many have to jump in and join in the verbal kicking with comments that have nothing to do with the original post, but as a vehicle to display their prejudices and vent their frustrations is frankly rather sad.

Perhaps that says more about the posters here than anything else.

If it makes you happy, I am phobic to all groups whose main purpose is to steal or commit other crimes towards unsuspecting tourists (or anyone else). And I generally consider the ladyboys in Thai bar areas to be part of such groups. I think you will find it hard to find a ladyboy in the Pattaya bar areas who does not have a criminal record.

I also think the african guys hanging out on Sukhumvit late at night between Cowboy and Nana, should be removed, deported or arrested, and it is not because they are black.

Edited by monkeycountry

I walked past that bar on Saturday night.

Ok, I was invited to step inside and enjoy a cool beer, but just smiled and said, "Sorry girls, not tonight" and got a couple of cheery, "why nots?".

What I did not do was come out with an aggressive mouthful of foul language.

Many Westerners simply do not realise how offensive people of other cultures can find "f*** off" as a first line response; presumably now because it is so overused by Hollywood and in television drama.

I do know what the Thai language equivalent is, involving unpleasant references to one's mother, and I have never had it used by a Thai towards me, in any situation.

Maybe TAT needs to educate these service providers, these people are your customers, if they get abusive towards you then give the Thai Smile. Don't beat them to a pulp because there may two or three potential customers walking behind them.

TAT should say, you beat up one then 10 may see it and that is bad.

While I have heard the stories about criminal lady boy activity, I have never come across it in my own life. I have of course met many lady boys, have some as employees too and I have had no negative issues. Like any set of humans, there are good and there are bad. Don't know this lady's story but I would think that you get some criminal activity around any bar area.

Kamahele, I could not agree more, You are a true gentleman.

• Like 2

If I grab the ass of a woman in the street I get arrested,

If a lady boy grabs me by the nuts then its ok?

Not much chance of you LB lovers to have any offspring is there?

• Like 2

Two argumentative posts removed

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

OMG frollywolly

I feel sick, sex with a man is a total turn off. That is the most disgusting and revolting thing anyone on Thai Visa could suggest. I would rather eat cow dung. No offence to others just replying to frollywoolly. Sex with a man to me is disgusting as sex with a women would be filthy and disgusting to a gay man. Like having sex with an animal.

Edited by chooka

What's the difference between a group of angry young Thai men pouncing on the opportunity to dole out some physical group violence to an offending farang and a group of frustrated homophobic thaivisa posters pouncing on the opportunity to dole out some verbal abuse towards transexuals?

Not a lot!

Well, one is verbal and thereby legal, the other is physical and thereby illegal. A major difference to most people - and the law.

The question referred to the groups and not the actions.

The urge that so many have to jump in and join in the verbal kicking with comments that have nothing to do with the original post, but as a vehicle to display their prejudices and vent their frustrations is frankly rather sad.

Perhaps that says more about the posters here than anything else.

If it makes you happy, I am phobic to all groups whose main purpose is to steal or commit other crimes towards unsuspecting tourists (or anyone else). And I generally consider the ladyboys in Thai bar areas to be part of such groups. I think you will find it hard to find a ladyboy in the Pattaya bar areas who does not have a criminal record.

I also think the african guys hanging out on Sukhumvit late at night between Cowboy and Nana, should be removed, deported or arrested, and it is not because they are black.

I also noticed this lately, seems to be more and more africans appearing over the last few months... and i´ve had the odd one calling me " charlie" for some reason ;-) lol.... i have also seen many more appearing in patong when ive been there....and the same " you need something boss? charlie??

OMG frollywolly

I feel sick, sex with a man is a total turn off. That is the most disgusting and revolting thing anyone on Thai Visa could suggest. I would rather eat cow dung. No offence to others just replying to frollywoolly. Sex with a man to me is disgusting as sex with a women would be filthy and disgusting to a gay man. Like having sex with an animal.

No Skippy fantasies?

OMG frollywolly

No Skippy fantasies?

Well have a whistle on the gumleaf and pray that the first transexual that shows up already has a pouch.

OMG frollywolly

No Skippy fantasies?

Definitely not and I just threw up all down the front of your shirt.

• Like 1

Obviously this ladyboy does not look at her best in these photos, but I'm willing to bet that she looks good when made up and dressed in the bar.

We don't know what happened here, except that someone was attacked which may or may not have been an act of self defence.

I know this:

1/ I have been to that bar myself, and many other ladyboy bars and I have never been attacked or ever seen any of the "girls" acting in any threatening or violent manner at all.

2/ I have seen many men be incredibly rude and insulting to ladyboys in Thailand, and I have witnessed farang men physically assaulting a ladyboy for no reason.

Like I said, I don't know what happened here, but the poor quality of reporting probably means I never will.

You need to read the Pattaya news clippings a bit closer. Every week there is at least one, and sometimes several, reports of lady boy assaults and thefts. It's a big problem here.

And we're pretty sure we know what happened. The guy told the lady boy to bugger off, probably in much strong terms. If you've been here long enough, you know the outcome of that. A high heel being used as a weapon. Definitely not very lady like. laugh.png

This is an assault. Pure and simple. Charges should be pressed. Even if the victim isn't still in the country.

I think these vicious bad tempered things on hormone shots , drink and drugs should be locked up to teach them a lesson...Not the first time i´ve heard of or seen lady-boys losing the plot , and i agree there is a problem in Pattaya, they should keep their distance, im fed up going out in Pattaya and being grabbed by them, any time i pass a ladyboy bar... A few instances, was walking down one of the Soi´s with 2 mates from new zealand and one ladyboy comes over and tries to squeeze my mates nuts, he grabs her / his hand tells it to go away...ladyboy then cant handle rejection, starts shouting " f*** you farang, f****** kill you. i f****** cut you , bad farang.....is this normal behaviour for someone?? also walking back to my hotel down nah kluaeh (spelling?? ) one across the road asks where you go? i said to my hotel, it asks to come with me and comes over aggressivly grabs my arm , i said no, get off and pull my arm away...i now get a load of abuse , but i walked on...my mate behind me was away to belt him after the lady boy pulled up her dress , shouting f*** you and suck on this , while standing with his massive dong in his hands...LOL.. And the amount of times walkig down the " walking street " and ladyboys rolling about on the floor having a cat fight, ...bunch of attention seeking drug and drink fuelled idiots

• Like 2

Yep that is definitely a bloke dressed in womens underwear. He does even look the slightest bit like a woman no wonder the American told this ugly bloke to bugger off. The Thai guy probably said to the American, "Do you think I am pretty" and when he was told the truth, your a dog he got upset.

Always a pleasure to read illiterate and ill-informed speculation in the pages of ThaiVisa of a Monday morning.

A reason to get up and put the coffee on!

About time mate!!

What a stunner! in the words of Leonard Cohen......

Oh, you are really such a pretty one.
I see you've gone and changed your name again.
And just when I climbed this whole mountainside,
to wash my eyelids in the rain!

Oh so long, Marianne, it's time that we began ...

Edited by Briandajew

Obviously this ladyboy does not look at her best in these photos, but I'm willing to bet that she looks good when made up and dressed in the bar.

We don't know what happened here, except that someone was attacked which may or may not have been an act of self defence.

I know this:

1/ I have been to that bar myself, and many other ladyboy bars and I have never been attacked or ever seen any of the "girls" acting in any threatening or violent manner at all.

2/ I have seen many men be incredibly rude and insulting to ladyboys in Thailand, and I have witnessed farang men physically assaulting a ladyboy for no reason.

Like I said, I don't know what happened here, but the poor quality of reporting probably means I never will.

You need to read the Pattaya news clippings a bit closer. Every week there is at least one, and sometimes several, reports of lady boy assaults and thefts. It's a big problem here.

And we're pretty sure we know what happened. The guy told the lady boy to bugger off, probably in much strong terms. If you've been here long enough, you know the outcome of that. A high heel being used as a weapon. Definitely not very lady like. laugh.png

This is an assault. Pure and simple. Charges should be pressed. Even if the victim isn't still in the country.

I think these vicious bad tempered things on hormone shots , drink and drugs should be locked up to teach them a lesson...Not the first time i´ve heard of or seen lady-boys losing the plot , and i agree there is a problem in Pattaya, they should keep their distance, im fed up going out in Pattaya and being grabbed by them, any time i pass a ladyboy bar... A few instances, was walking down one of the Soi´s with 2 mates from new zealand and one ladyboy comes over and tries to squeeze my mates nuts, he grabs her / his hand tells it to go away...ladyboy then cant handle rejection, starts shouting " f*** you farang, f****** kill you. i f****** cut you , bad farang.....is this normal behaviour for someone?? also walking back to my hotel down nah kluaeh (spelling?? ) one across the road asks where you go? i said to my hotel, it asks to come with me and comes over aggressivly grabs my arm , i said no, get off and pull my arm away...i now get a load of abuse , but i walked on...my mate behind me was away to belt him after the lady boy pulled up her dress , shouting f*** you and suck on this , while standing with his massive dong in his hands...LOL.. And the amount of times walkig down the " walking street " and ladyboys rolling about on the floor having a cat fight, ...bunch of attention seeking drug and drink fuelled idiots

+1

Too many are messed up on hormones, drugs, and drink and are looking for easy money so better to give a wide berth to them when wandering around in Pattaya.

Assumptions Assumptions Assumptions....

The facts are: There was clearly some sort of exchange.... there was an assault and it was deliberate and now there's a consequence...

Is this really such a big news story?

Big story is right. The American was in the Fantasy bar drinking and laughing with the Ladyboy. Check bins and takes the Ladyboy across the street where there is an altercation. We don't know the truth and certainly not the whole truth. Americans get awfully agressive in foreign countries, this we know.