Ladyboy arrested following assault on American in Central Pattaya

webfact

Obviously this ladyboy does not look at her best in these photos, but I'm willing to bet that she looks good when made up and dressed in the bar.

We don't know what happened here, except that someone was attacked which may or may not have been an act of self defence.

I know this:

1/ I have been to that bar myself, and many other ladyboy bars and I have never been attacked or ever seen any of the "girls" acting in any threatening or violent manner at all.

2/ I have seen many men be incredibly rude and insulting to ladyboys in Thailand, and I have witnessed farang men physically assaulting a ladyboy for no reason.

Like I said, I don't know what happened here, but the poor quality of reporting probably means I never will.

The point is this idiot put a high heeled shoe in someones head. Verbal or not, doing this should and does have consequences. 13 stitches is out of order no matter what was said. You also need to read the news more. The papers are rife with ladyboy problems around Pattaya.

• Like 2

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US guy said: "you can't afford me"

I've walked past that bar several times which is 50 yards away from a restaurant I frequent when I am in Pattaya. I realized the best way to avoid their aggressive behavior is to walk across the street...which is what I do now. Confrontation will just escalate the situation and that's going to spoil your vacation. Sometimes being right doesn't mean you have to shove it down their throats.

It would be really cool if Thaivisa can follow this story so that we find out the result of it going to court.
I hope that it goes to court immediately before facts and evidence fade...
well done the BIB for catching the perp, this was a violent crime lets not forget that!!

• Like 1

It would be really cool if Thaivisa can follow this story so that we find out the result of it going to court.

well done the BIB for catching the perp, this was a violent crime lets not forget that!!

You do not need to hold your breath. If it goes to court, which it likely won't, it will be months from now, and the american guy will not be around to testify. Hence the case will be dismissed, or considered self defence or whatever story the ladyboy comes up with.

The ladyboys (and other criminals) know this, so worst case for them is a 500 baht on the spot fine. Not much of a deterrent, which explains their disproportionately high crime rate

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 2

If the ladyboy did nothing wrong and it was just self defense why did he/she run away and hide from the police?

There should be a big penalty for running from the police on top of the crime.

The bar wasn't cooperating with the police either the employees that saw it but said nothing should be fired,

Good job BIB!

Need to get the yabaa out of the system before turning himself in.

• Like 2

Obviously this ladyboy does not look at her best in these photos, but I'm willing to bet that she looks good when made up and dressed in the bar.

We don't know what happened here, except that someone was attacked which may or may not have been an act of self defence.

I know this:

1/ I have been to that bar myself, and many other ladyboy bars and I have never been attacked or ever seen any of the "girls" acting in any threatening or violent manner at all.

2/ I have seen many men be incredibly rude and insulting to ladyboys in Thailand, and I have witnessed farang men physically assaulting a ladyboy for no reason.

Like I said, I don't know what happened here, but the poor quality of reporting probably means I never will.

Ha, ha,, "I don't know what happened but i do know this"

Ladyboys are gentle, kind, nice and always take care of you with their pearly white smiles,,,, farangs are the spawn of satan and attack and abuse without provocation..

Ok, not word for word but you are somewhat leading, giggle.gif

To each his owe !! I prefer female companionship and have a very nice/good Thai Wife. Having said all that, I know some Lady Boys who are well educated and pursue the more normal approach to life, liberty and pursue of happiness.

I am not a Barrister but my study of the "Ye Ole Common Law", US version, leads me to understand, angry/insulting words are an assault (Misdemeanor), while hitting another with or without a weapon is a battery (Felony). With a deadly weapon it becomes an aggravated battery.

Now is a high heel a deadly weapon. Take a look at the reason case in Los Angeles where a women was beaten to death with a six inch spike heel and the woman using the shoe was convicted.

I have never heard anyone complaining about Thailand being boring !!

I know this:

Ha, ha,, "I don't know what happened but i do know this"

Ladyboys are gentle, kind, nice and always take care of you with their pearly white smiles,,,, farangs are the spawn of satan and attack and abuse without provocation..

Ok, not word for word but you are somewhat leading, giggle.gif

Any of those "Left Handed Cigarettes" left ??

Self defense by striking first. Makes perfect Thai logical sense

It worked for General Buck Turgidson (Dr. Strangelove 1964) with the assist of crazy Wing Commander J.D. Ripper:

It also holds up well in some U.S. States that have "Stand Your Ground" laws AFAIK.

Well ... when AFAIK doesn't work so well, then FWIW: Stand Your Ground Law - Wiki

"Forty-six states in the United States have adopted the castle doctrine, stating that a person has no duty to retreat when their home is attacked. Twenty-two states go a step further, removing the duty of retreat from other locations. "Stand Your Ground", "Line in the Sand" or "No Duty to Retreat" laws thus state that a person has no duty or other requirement to abandon a place in which he has a right to be, or to give up ground to an assailant. Under such laws, there is no duty to retreat from anywhere the defender may legally be .Other restrictions may still exist; such as when in public, a person must be carrying firearms in a legal manner, whether concealed or openly."

In my view, the ladyboy's rationalization to the police of his "first strike" assault on the American was simply an/a [im]plausible justification of it.

BTW, during the Cold War I was a member of a nuclear deterrent force for a number of years. At one point, during training, I was questioned by an intelligence officer as to my view of the primary mission of the deterrent weapon systems. He wanted to determine if I understood that the primary goal of the weapon system was a as deterrent to a "first strike" and that the weapon system would have failed it's primary mission if it had been commanded to attack. At the time, and now, I maintained that it still had a secondary mission and that secondary mission made its primary mission credible and possible. It should be obvious what the secondary mission may have been.

If one wants to draw a "first strike" parallel to this incident perhaps he/she should look to North Korea or Iran.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

Look, the bottom line here, is that it always pays to be polite. My guess is that most of these ladyboys do not have easy lives. They are trying to survive, and the world is not always kind to them. They are people. They have feelings. So, there is no harm is just being polite, and keeping your distance. My guess is that he stepped over the line. Obviously "he" did too! But, treat lightly, and treat them with dignity and kindness. Some of these ladyboys can be very aggressive, so it takes some skill and diplomacy sometimes.

• Like 1

You do not need to hold your breath. If it goes to court, which it likely won't, it will be months from now, and the american guy will not be around to testify. Hence the case will be dismissed, or considered self defence or whatever story the ladyboy comes up with.

The ladyboys (and other criminals) know this, so worst case for them is a 500 baht on the spot fine. Not much of a deterrent, which explains their disproportionately high crime rate

HMMMM? I'm no lawyer, but (in the States), I've heard of something called a "Sworn Affidavit (a sworn statement)", that can be taken now by the police, and used later as evidence in a court when the case comes due before a judge.

Yeah, I know, that's stretching the bounds of logic for the BiB.....and I'm no lawyer, so that's just a thought.

At least they made an arrest.

Also amazed that 20 katoys and motorcycle taxi drivers didn't mob the guy and pummel him into the pavement.

Err....They probably DID, as 13 stitches seems a bit extreme for one whack with a shoe.

I lived for 7 years in Thailand and never had a physical altercation.

I've been back in the USA for 6 months and a guy wanted to fight with me 4 months into this stint. He was an IDIOT, and using EXTREMELY vulgar language around my 81 year old Aunt. I told him to leave the property.

My Aunt had met him at church & felt sorry for him, so had him over for dinner....The guy is a convicted felon & on probation & I never much liked him. He's just off doing 11 years out of a 15 year sentence for shagging a 14 year old when he was 17....Tried & sentenced as an adult.

My Aunt was giving him a free meal every evening & he starts getting vulgar with her = IDIOT with me around.

I didn't fight the guy. I walked away and called the Police. He now has a restraining order.

Sorry for getting off-topic, but....

My point is: It is IMPOSSIBLE to defeat an idiot in any kind of argument, so why even try?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Self defense by striking first. Makes perfect Thai logical sense

I'm not sure about Thailand, but certainly permissable in Australia. Provocation and self defense are legitimate excuses for an assault if you are in the immediate apprehension of physical danger or threat.

Well...the fact that it has gone to the police level now, hopefully some good will come of it.

It would be nice knowing that the police could or would on maybe would go to the Ladyboy bars and tell everyone to just accept that fact that if you are in the Ladyboy business there will be some men who act nasty and mean towards Ladyboys, along with foul language sometimes.

No need to get all upset and start to fight...just walk away.

The effort would help ...but how much would it help.....that is the question.

I know this:

1/ I have been to that bar myself, and many other ladyboy bars ( YOU SICK PUPPY) and I have never been attacked or ever seen any of the "girls" acting in any threatening or violent manner at all.( THATS COZ YOU LOVE THEM LONG TIME )

2/ I have seen many men be incredibly rude and insulting to ladyboys in Thailand ( AS ANYONE WITH A FULLY FUNCTIONAL MORAL COMPASS SHOULD), and I have witnessed farang men physically assaulting a ladyboy for no reason(AFTER THEY LATCHED ON TO THEM AND WOULDN'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER).

bah.gifbah.gifbah.giffacepalm.gif

there is no logical answers on your response., nothing happened never in these funny 100% thai mafia clubs to you because perhaps you have been lucky or they can see that you like their way to be or you are very carefull...anyway myself i dont like men who look like woman or pretend to ....so i never go to these places.

i have been for 5 years leaving in bankok and i habe been totally fed up of all these stupid ladyboys, in the street, in the bus, the sky train, the market everywhere ...they are milions in thailand....and i am not talking about patpong ..all the time when they see a farang they do stupid things, they talk about nonsense for not saying bullshit...these people are most of them totally ignorant and they dont even know what they are really sexualy , it looks like a game to them all day long.

but to catch money fron stupid farang coming here for their sexual fantasy, they use all the stratagem like drugs, assault, intimidation etc etc and the time shows that we have to be very carefull with them.

they try to act as a women but they are men at the end and very silly too

ah, course i dont agree when a stupid farang do or say something bad to a prostitute , man or girl , i dont care!

coffee1.gif

YES....that is what I would say also.

They are not really afraid of the consequences and ramifications knowing full well...if need be.... they can always have all the other Thais help gang up on one foreigner and set the record straight...that is....... in their favor.

Do you think that any of the other Ladyboys or the bar owners up and down the street are going to seriously reprimand the behavior of this particular Ladyboy in an attempt to stop drawing attention to all the other Ladyboys and or the other Ladyboy establishments and their already thought to be seedy reputations

I surmise not rather they will just ignore the implications concerning assault and have a good laugh about how some other Ladyboy wacked a Farang while all agreeing the Farang must have deserved it...as there is no other way to analyze what happened in the mind of a Thai person.

• Like 1

I know this:

1/ I have been to that bar myself, and many other ladyboy bars ( YOU SICK PUPPY) and I have never been attacked or ever seen any of the "girls" acting in any threatening or violent manner at all.( THATS COZ YOU LOVE THEM LONG TIME )

2/ I have seen many men be incredibly rude and insulting to ladyboys in Thailand ( AS ANYONE WITH A FULLY FUNCTIONAL MORAL COMPASS SHOULD), and I have witnessed farang men physically assaulting a ladyboy for no reason(AFTER THEY LATCHED ON TO THEM AND WOULDN'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER).

bah.gifbah.gifbah.giffacepalm.gif

Must have been cold & bitter coffee for this one this morning...............

post commenting on moderator action removed

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

I know this:

Him,not her.

He,not she.