Confusion Over My Me Tourist Visa

Hi,

I searched the visa forum and found two conflicting pieces of advice over whether or not I need to make a border crossing.. here's the details:

I have a 60 day tourist visa, multiple entry (2 entries), from Hull in the UK. Obviously one of the entries was used at the airport when I arrived. I have nearly been here 60 days (11th July the visa stamp says it will expire) so I assumed I had to make a border crossing to get another 60 days from my second entry. Then I read something about being able to get this done in the immigration office here in Bangkok - but for 30 days. I'd be happy with that so my question is, can I get another 30 days from immigration in Bangkok or do I need to make a border crossing?

Many thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.. :o

The Pattaya Immigration office is closed until Wednesday the 12th.

It is probably the case that all offices throughout the Kingdom are closed, but I cannot say for sure.

If they are all closed and you go to Immigration for a 30 day extension on the 12th, you will technically be on overstay.

The Immigration officers may be 'kind' to you and overlook it, but I for one would not bank on it.

As you had already assumed you would need to make a border crossing at the 60 day mark, my advice would be to do just that. :o

I would also advise a border run to activate the second entry. The cost is about the same as an extension and you will not have to worry about it for the next 3 months if you decide to extend for 30 days later.

Thanks both of you - isnt the 10th also a holiday?

I hope immigration is open on Sunday..!!

Nice joke. Of course government offices will be closed on Sundays.

And as said, Monday and Tuesday are gvoernment holidays:

10/JULY (MON) : ARSARNHA BHUCHA DAY

11/JULY (TEU) : BUDDHIST LENT