I think it's our problem

Sorry to hear about the *real* loss earlier...

If I am with my Missus, I just chuck my small wallet into her bag... Never any *real* cash in it... just a few K. If I am on my own and need to carry cash around, I always put my wallet in my front pockets.. Not overly worried about pick pockets, but more like your incident at the gallery... If I sit down, the wallet is likely to find it's way out of my pocket...

If I am out 'n about at night, I usually wear jeans, usually fairly tight jeans (i like em 555) and the small wallet goes in the front pocket and I have never had any problems at all.

I think your'e right tho, we tend to blame others, for what really *most* times, is our mistake.... I have lost cash only once, and that was my fault.... let a LB get a bit close when I was a bit under the weather and walking home... learned a very valuable lesson that night.... WEAR JEANS 5555

If I'm about at night, I put my notes down my sock, my lose change goes in my pocket. During the day, I wear a money belt.

It's not human nature, it's primarily environmental.

People who blame others have trouble improving themselves because they fail to see their faults, and typically live unhappy lives. It's definitely something worth improving.

... and drinking beer (as you do)... To this day, I still don't know how my wallet migrated from my pocket to my waistband inside my shirt.

Are you sure you don't know how it happened?

Don't worry, I lost a whole car one night after just 'drinking beer' in Pattaya. "To this day, I still don't know how my car migrated a kilometer from where I had parked it."

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

We do. That's the point of the thread.

Get yourself one of these, pictured below. In the States we used to call them fanny packs.

Abroad and in Thailand I never go anywhere without one.

They are sold everywhere in Thailand, come in all sizes, all colours and many styles. Their price ranges from 60 baht up to expensive if you like a trade mark designer model. They come in price ranges and styles to suit all tastes.

Fanny packs and taste... now there's a novel idea.

To each his own carrying a wallet at the end of the day.

As a point of interest some years ago I had occasion to visit a chiropractor for a back issue. One of the questions she asked me was if I usually carried a wallet in my back pocket. Apparently this is a known cause of some back pain. The issue comes from sitting on it and the wallet kicking your hips out of alignment and there by causing lower back pain.

You must be a wealthy man ... mine hardly ever bulges!

I wasn't married with kids in those days David :-)

Edited by canman
  • Like 1

I have never carried a proper wallet since been a teenager ... I just fold my money in half ... and inside that half is folded copy of my passport along with driving license, medical card and ATM card. I put an elastic band around that lot and it's kept in my back pocket. Mrs JAS has stitched Velcro across the inside of the top of the pocket ... pretty impossible for me not to notice if someone tries to get in there.

I like the velcro idea.