Prayuth to be voted PM 'on 21 August,' legislators say

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooooooh, I'm sitting on pins and needles

"Under the junta-drafted 2014 charter, the NLA will act as the country's legislative body until a new general election is expected to be held at the end of 2015. The members of the assembly were handpicked by Thailand’s military junta, which has reserved supreme power over the the interim government."

and

"Article 20 of the 2014 interim charter states that the new Prime Minister must be Thai, older than 40 years of age, and not a member of any political party in the past three years. The charter does not forbid active military officers from being appointed Prime Minister, but it does bar judges, attorneys-general, Election Commissioners, state treasury auditors, and National Human Rights Commissioners from taking the premiership."

really leaves us only one choice, right?

post #2 mentioned 3 days in advance, but it was more like 3 months in advance.

# 7 is the best and most honest answer on this topic, or near any topic on the said theme.

What makes you so confident?

Read some history.

Egypt

Quite correct and I thank you for highlighting this. Completely agree.

Of course some people will still be willing to hang their entire argument on the fact that Morsi was duly elected and therefore there is no legal remedy until the next election to remove him. You know, electoral majority and all. They think that the election is the only characteristic of a democracy, regardless of Morsi’s conduct to oppress political opposition, manipulate the constitution, and violate individual rights? The Egyptian military, backed by the people, preserved their nation, countered the Muslim Brotherhood's insurgent coup, and reclaimed their country. In fact Morsi conducted the actual coup a year earlier when he manipulated the democratic process in order to establish a Sharia based Islamic State. The Egyptian military and much of the populace recognized this and reversed the coup. Even America did not call it a coup when Morsi was deposed.

Well done for highlighting that T=the situation in Thailand was not a coup either, but in fact an 18 month gestation period fertilized by the Junta to restore democracy. The coup happened in 2011, three seconds after the PTP won the election. The Junta reversed that coup and put the train back on the tracks to democracy.

​As for Prayuth becoming the next voted PM. I wish him luck and if the past 3 months are anything to go by he will not only succeed in this role, he will excel in it. Of course the Thai's have also reflected Prayuth as the man for the job, but alas the red apologists denounce and make excuses for those polls because they don't suit the PTP agenda. Thus is the life of a UDD supporter.

"The Egyptian military, backed by the people, preserved their nation, countered the Muslim Brotherhood's insurgent coup, and reclaimed their country."

They also killed over 1000 protesters, sentenced hundreds of others to death, have been accused of crimes against humanity, etc. But they're better than an elected government, right?

More like 'better than the government they replaced'.

Really? Please explain.

ooooooooh, I'm sitting on pins and needles

"Under the junta-drafted 2014 charter, the NLA will act as the country's legislative body until a new general election is expected to be held at the end of 2015. The members of the assembly were handpicked by Thailand’s military junta, which has reserved supreme power over the the interim government."

and

"Article 20 of the 2014 interim charter states that the new Prime Minister must be Thai, older than 40 years of age, and not a member of any political party in the past three years. The charter does not forbid active military officers from being appointed Prime Minister, but it does bar judges, attorneys-general, Election Commissioners, state treasury auditors, and National Human Rights Commissioners from taking the premiership."

really leaves us only one choice, right?

post #2 mentioned 3 days in advance, but it was more like 3 months in advance.

# 7 is the best and most honest answer on this topic, or near any topic on the said theme.

Read some history.

Your the last one to order me to swat up. Remember Paxo,

Of course some people will still be willing to hang their entire argument on the fact that Morsi was duly elected and therefore there is no legal remedy until the next election to remove him. You know, electoral majority and all. They think that the election is the only characteristic of a democracy, regardless of Morsi’s conduct to oppress political opposition, manipulate the constitution, and violate individual rights? The Egyptian military, backed by the people, preserved their nation, countered the Muslim Brotherhood's insurgent coup, and reclaimed their country. In fact Morsi conducted the actual coup a year earlier when he manipulated the democratic process in order to establish a Sharia based Islamic State. The Egyptian military and much of the populace recognized this and reversed the coup. Even America did not call it a coup when Morsi was deposed.

Well done for highlighting that T=the situation in Thailand was not a coup either, but in fact an 18 month gestation period fertilized by the Junta to restore democracy. The coup happened in 2011, three seconds after the PTP won the election. The Junta reversed that coup and put the train back on the tracks to democracy.

​As for Prayuth becoming the next voted PM. I wish him luck and if the past 3 months are anything to go by he will not only succeed in this role, he will excel in it. Of course the Thai's have also reflected Prayuth as the man for the job, but alas the red apologists denounce and make excuses for those polls because they don't suit the PTP agenda. Thus is the life of a UDD supporter.

"The Egyptian military, backed by the people, preserved their nation, countered the Muslim Brotherhood's insurgent coup, and reclaimed their country."

They also killed over 1000 protesters, sentenced hundreds of others to death, have been accused of crimes against humanity, etc. But they're better than an elected government, right?

Really? Please explain.

please do not Rube -do not feed the trolls

I'm sure he'll beat the hell out of any other past corrupt incompetent buffoon of a politician.

How will you know if he doesn't? You won't be able to read about it in the papers.

he's done such a bang-up job already what with all the free movies, fixing the fashion failures of chiang mai fish mongers, and running week long meditation retreats.

looks like the entire NLA is falling for his charm offensive.

Ah, it's all BS. Criticizing the General, or the yellow leader sentenced for crimes amazingly like those of Thaksin is a waste of time. They are obviously just better people, just because they are not Thaksin. ,Why can't everyone just see that?, the yellow bellies cry. Then, if anyone says something they cannot counter or refute, ir devolves to name calling, ad-hominem attacks, obfuscation and outright lies. After all, hinting that the yellows are also corrupt undermines the whole illusionary moral high ground.

We have three grades of liars, and little else to go on here. Pick your favorite liar, let punters applaud or laugh at your choice...and move on. trying verbal semantics, touting arguments that are at best tenuous, and screaming support for a democratic government is a joke here.

Thailand was never a democracy,and will not be one for the foreseeable future. This is the land of smiles and wiles, not the land of the free. Thai voters are hookers, and may always be such trollops at the box office forever (calling it a voting booth is too much of a stretch).

This is the 18th coup. It won't be the last. The last phase is over...Get ready to hate or love the leaders of the new phase (which will, incredibly, look just like the previous phases).

Hint -- Yingluck will not see one minute of jail time because that will make her a martyr. PDRC guards will never see jail time because that would hint that both sides have out of control; militant wings. Suthep and Abhisit will never see jail time because one is a monk, who can do no wrong obviously, and the other was educated abroad and is too valuable to waste on such trivialities as law.

Welcome to Thailand. Here's your sign. Wear it so your parents would be proud.

You make some very truthful points.

The choices are to sit back and let it all happen, easier life that's for sure. The other choice is to think that maybe, just maybe, Thailand can be a better place one day where justice prevails and society is more inclusive.

We can only live in hope.

Interesting that the subject line uses the words "Prayuth" and "Voted" in the same sentence. Recent events have shown the two words to be contradictions.

In any case, what difference does it make who the PM is? Mere window dressing, or a veneer of decency. The dodgy new constitution ensures that the NCPO (Prayuth) get the final say no matter what.

so the speculation has been will he keep 1, 2, or 3 jobs.

if the military succession is lined-up to his satisfaction (and that is essential), then it looks like he"ll keep 2, PM and NCPO - which gives him extremely tight control over Thailand for the next 15 months - or longer.

Because the General is going to be in control, we have quality post like this. others named with one standing out----Idi Amin How crazy do you have to be to compare this Gorilla to Prayuth.

This way to counter with an opposing view, is a person that is desperate.

Read some history.

Your the last one to order me to swat up. Remember Paxo,

By refusing to look into recent history, you take pride in ignorance as if it were some kind of virtue. It isn't.

History has shown us that military dictatorships in Thailand are just as corrupt as civilian governments, if not more so because they control the press and can't get caught.

I really don't believe that you've been here 33 years. How can you be so sure of the righteousness of a military dictatorship, that broke the law by seizing power in the first place?

Thaksin also has proved who he was and stood for. Troll comes to mind. same same rhetoric---your needle has got stuck.

I do not give a shi# if you believe I have been here 33 years or not. I am not sure about the takeover, but go along with it, if you do not like it --take a hike as you will only cause more friction with your questions. Do something about it if you cannot stand the strain.

Did you slag PTP every day on how they governed ??? no so wrap up now, you create the bad feeling with your anti army stance, and non of us is in any position to do anything anyway------get your proven reds to oppose them--they tried once egged on by Thaksin--bought and paid for---then cried because the army got shut of them. then they tried it again--Thaksin never hurt his finger----

Really? Please explain.

Stop trolling around.

Even you should understand that in the context of Egypt there is a difference between saying "better than the government they replaced" than just a general "better than an elected government, right?"

Interesting that the subject line uses the words "Prayuth" and "Voted" in the same sentence. Recent events have shown the two words to be contradictions.

In any case, what difference does it make who the PM is? Mere window dressing, or a veneer of decency. The dodgy new constitution ensures that the NCPO (Prayuth) get the final say no matter what.

if the military succession is lined-up to his satisfaction (and that is essential), then it looks like he"ll keep 2, PM and NCPO - which gives him extremely tight control over Thailand for the next 15 months - or longer.

I'm surprised. Posters here told me Gen Prayuth already had tight control. Maybe the General believes in redundancy. Not typical Thai. Mind you some also indicated this general was planning ahead. What will the world come to rolleyes.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Yingluck was so brilliant she had 3 and more jobs and was hardly in the country to perform any of them---PM--Defense Minister--took over Foreign ministers role most of the time, rice chairperson---and of course with her previous experience in all of these cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif She had full control for near 3 years and never produced anything mega for Thailands future. Now you call Prayuth. bah.gif

'dodgy'?

May I remind you that the interim constitution is the law of the land, with H.M. the King graciously pleased to proclaim it?

I'm sure he'll beat the hell out of any other past corrupt incompetent buffoon of a politician.

If that was the case he'd let them run against him to show the people how loved he is

Doing the right thing doesn't always make you popular.

Mind you, that's no reason not to do what needs to be done. Gen. Prayuth is not in this as a popularity contest.

I don't know what his agenda is, it seems to be the PM job but hey-ho, maybe it will be better, time will tell. I just don't know why the facade of "voting" on 21st? Nobody can enter for it and he's telling everybody to vote for him so what's the point of having votes? Just get on with it. Assad did the same every few years, election time but he was the only runner! Anyway, we can all guess at what the outcome will be - who knows he might get into bed with Thaksin.

If that was the case he'd let them run against him to show the people how loved he is

Mind you, that's no reason not to do what needs to be done. Gen. Prayuth is not in this as a popularity contest.

I don't know what his agenda is, it seems to be the PM job but hey-ho, maybe it will be better, time will tell. I just don't know why the facade of "voting" on 21st? Nobody can enter for it and he's telling everybody to vote for him so what's the point of having votes? Just get on with it. Assad did the same every few years, election time but he was the only runner! Anyway, we can all guess at what the outcome will be - who knows he might get into bed with Thaksin.

At least Thaksin will be totally buggered then!!laugh.png

Edited by Cuchulainn
  • Like 1

His agenda? You mean you don't know? tjeez, the poor chap is on life television for hours every day. Don't you watch television?

Anyway the voting is not a façade, but according to the interim constitution

"Section 19. The King appoints the Prime Minister in accordance with the resolution of the National Legislative Assembly and not more than thirty-five other Ministers as recommended by the Prime Minister to constitute the Council of Ministers having the duties to carry out the administration of State affairs, to conduct reformation in all aspects and to strengthen unification and harmonization of Thai people."

• Like 1

'dodgy'?

May I remind you that the interim constitution is the law of the land, with H.M. the King graciously pleased to proclaim it?

Ahaaa - you'll be accusing me of LM next. That's the favourite backstop for the yellow lot when they run out of things to say.

Can't you do better than that?

Edited by Thanet
  • Like 1

His agenda? You mean you don't know? tjeez, the poor chap is on life television for hours every day. Don't you watch television?

Anyway the voting is not a façade, but according to the interim constitution

"Section 19. The King appoints the Prime Minister in accordance with the resolution of the National Legislative Assembly and not more than thirty-five other Ministers as recommended by the Prime Minister to constitute the Council of Ministers having the duties to carry out the administration of State affairs, to conduct reformation in all aspects and to strengthen unification and harmonization of Thai people."

As if the constitution makes a jot of difference to the outcome.

I do not give a shi# if you believe I have been here 33 years or not. I am not sure about the takeover, but go along with it, if you do not like it --take a hike as you will only cause more friction with your questions. Do something about it if you cannot stand the strain.

Did you slag PTP every day on how they governed ??? no so wrap up now, you create the bad feeling with your anti army stance, and non of us is in any position to do anything anyway------get your proven reds to oppose them--they tried once egged on by Thaksin--bought and paid for---then cried because the army got shut of them. then they tried it again--Thaksin never hurt his finger----

No strain mate. Just perplexity and a natural desire to make things better.

And I have just as much right to ask questions as you. More so, you are a foreigner.

No strain mate. Just perplexity and a natural desire to make things better.

And I have just as much right to ask questions as you. More so, you are a foreigner.

Prove it . If you want to make things better then prove it as well, without this anti army BS we cannot do anything only hope, and we would not have had to do that if the last armholes had ruled democratically.

'dodgy'?

planning to report him for LM?

A taxi driver was recently convicted for less.

Freedom of speech and you never know what dictum will be visited upon the populace next! Hurrah! Baaaaaaaaaaaa ...

Edited by jpeg

Freedom of speech and you never know what dictum will be visited upon the populace next or not or not! Hurrah! Baaaaaaaaaaaa

Baaaaaaaaaa

Black sheep

Have you any wool?

I believe if General Prayuth waited just more few months and calls for elections with him candidate for a new party, probably he will win...Not better candidate in sight. But...soldiers only take calculated risk....and he comes to stay...No doubts about...