Briton Arrested For Killing Thai Girlfriend

george

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the point was brought up due to the large number of newbies that have crawled out of the woodwork for this topic, and the often outlandish opinions expressed by some of those newbies.

OH WHO THE hel_l U THINK U ARE JUST ANOTHER PERV

Examples:

"A punishment should be applied with a jail term but nothing to long." (member with 4 posts)

"LOVE REALLY???? OH FOR GODS SAKE 62 YR OLD LOVE 26 LUST MOST FARANGS HERE ARE SICK PERVERTS THAT ARE TO STUPID OR UGLY TO FIND SOMEONE IN THERE OWN COUNTRY." (member with 2 posts)

"How can anyone trust a Thai when According to the Bangkok post, caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Saturday that corruption is quite normal in life and to be expected." (member with 7 posts)

"Get a life you sad ######,s she tried it on and she lost" (member with 5 posts)

"You sad ######s she Was a TART" (same member, now with 6 posts)

"Does it really matter? She probaly got what she deserved." (member with 5 posts)

"dont be so hard on these good old falang criminals, there mommy obviously did'nt love them and after all pattaya is a top place for them to have a bit of fun after serving there time to society. besides what would all the girlies do without there money that they stole off me and you." (member with 3 posts, all in this thread)

"Are your stupid or what.The guy obviuosly planed killing this girl.and should get the death penalty." (member with 11 posts)

"this is in no way an attempt to plead the guy unguilty but anyone who lives here for a while knows how these public lady's lifestyle is.Anyone know they lie and cheat as they believe in it theirselves.But they do it in such an unprofessional way that it is easy to find out the truth.

And anyone also knows how their temper is when they are confronted with their own lies and they risk to lose the golden farang goose.

Anyone even considred that this could be an act of self-defence." (member with 14 posts)

This is just a short selection of posts made by various members with 15 or fewer posts in total.

Outrageous comments have been made by members with even more posts, even by some whose post count is in the thousands. Such comments are not limited to newbies, thought the majority of these kinds of comments do seem to come from newbie members.

There have also been some sensible comments made by newbies as well.

I believe raro's "hidden" question is, Where are all you newbies when it comes to other topics ? Why do you wait until a controversial topic like this comes up before you post ?

as long as farangs have no rights in thailand ( unlike thais in UK ) this sort of thing will keep happening.

as long as farangs have no common sense (I'm not saying this is everyone) in Thailand this sort of thing will keep happening. Everyone has the right to common sense, no matter what the laws are.

...that said, the bargirl in question was lacking in common sense as well (assuming that all johns will just bend over)

:o

Edited by Heng

I think the point was brought up due to the large number of newbies that have crawled out of the woodwork for this topic, and the often outlandish opinions expressed by some of those newbies.

OH WHO THE hel_l U THINK U ARE JUST ANOTHER PERV

Examples:

Another fine example of a well thought-out, literate response, which helps to prove my point.

Congrats Paulv, you've got 3 posts now ! Can't wait to see what other scintillating comments you are able to come up with. :D

Take your time, and while you are racking your brain for another pithy comment, why don't you have a look for the "Caps Lock" key, and maybe ask someone what it is used for. :o

We as guys are spoiled for choice when it comes to girls. Very easy to say why didn't he just trade her in for a new model. Life just isn't like that I'm afraid.

This is a classic case of hurt pride and being abandoned by someone the guy felt deeply about. Crime of passion for sure but this ain't gay Paris.

Feel for the guy and of course the family of the girl will be devestated.

Trouble is many farangs come to places like Pattaya and do not see the bar girls as "prostitutes"- they fall for the smiles, the attention, the creature comforts;the fact that there is no welfare state to support lone young mothers etc., they say its different to the whores in the West & I suppose in a way they are almost correct; many readers of this site no doubt met their partners this way ; the big rule is give it at least two years before you make the big commitments - marriage and as for property investments much longer; marriage to a Thai girl is extremely hard at times; its two entirely different cultures with often farm girls marrying educated metropolitans which would not work in the west anyway. Marriage to a Thai girl is like sitting on a volcano most of the the timer its dormant but every now and then there is a period of madness.

as long as farangs have no rights in thailand ( unlike thais in UK ) this sort of thing will keep happening.

as long as farangs have no common sense (I'm not saying this is everyone) in Thailand this sort of thing will keep happening. Everyone has the right to common sense, no matter what the laws are.

...that said, the bargirl in question was lacking in common sense as well (assuming that all johns will just bend over)

So you mean its commons sense that farangs have rights in Thailand??

It is my first post, although i frequently read articles posted on this forum. I am driven to post my thoughts on the matter of the English man who stabbed his GF to death because i can't believe some of the shades/tones/attitudes of the comments i have read concerning this subject. I am not going to attack anyone individually, but i am disheartened having read that some members are bickering about side issues, such as whether or not the English man should get/do/is/isn't/wasn't/could/couldn't.............bla bla bla! Have some of you forgotten that this man was (i use past tense because his life is technically over) probably someone's father, someone's brother and was once someone's son. How can you look at the photos of the event (which, if you are human, are heartbreaking photos) and continue to castigate and throw around his memory in such a way? Some of you are missing the point. The point is that this man is a human! Yes, he committed a serious crime, but don't judge people on their worst day. Things are not as they appear, people are not what they seem, oneself is not how other people view you.....and the way you view other people is not how they really are behind closed doors. "Waz yer there Charlie? Waz yer there?".

The man was a human! If you can look at those photos and still tell me you have no pity, then you have lost your soul. End of story!

It is my first post, although i frequently read articles posted on this forum. I am driven to post my thoughts on the matter of the English man who stabbed his GF to death because i can't believe some of the shades/tones/attitudes of the comments i have read concerning this subject. I am not going to attack anyone individually, but i am disheartened having read that some members are bickering about side issues, such as whether or not the English man should get/do/is/isn't/wasn't/could/couldn't.............bla bla bla! Have some of you forgotten that this man was (i use past tense because his life is technically over) probably someone's father, someone's brother and was once someone's son. How can you look at the photos of the event (which, if you are human, are heartbreaking photos) and continue to castigate and throw around his memory in such a way? Some of you are missing the point. The point is that this man is a human! Yes, he committed a serious crime, but don't judge people on their worst day. Things are not as they appear, people are not what they seem, oneself is not how other people view you.....and the way you view other people is not how they really are behind closed doors. "Waz yer there Charlie? Waz yer there?".

The man was a human! If you can look at those photos and still tell me you have no pity, then you have lost your soul. End of story!

Best post on here........

At the end of the day, she knew what she was doing.....he didnt. If it was a builder who swindled you out of your life savings ( and we must be talking a few thousand here.), would that make it any different..??? or a con artist who sells a non-existent holiday home...???

By no means do i condone his actions, and age doesnt really come into it, they were both adults, but he was a little stooopid :o

Just hope there are no repercussions.......and a lot of people will learn from this

His worst day meant that another human being isn't going to have any more days. Whilst I can feel sorry for anyone that might be subjected to a humiliation that he has alledgedly been through, I find that the humane person in me definately falls on the side of a young woman who through her own alledged gross actions has wound up dead. She too was someones daughter, sister, friend. Now she is someones dead daughter, sister, friend.

No I wasn't there, but I have been in similar humiliating circumstances. There aren't any photos of me being dragged off by the police covered in blood howling like a baby though.

Peter48, could not agree with you more.

If you get married try and buy stuff for yourself and also keep the wife happy. Example: wife probably wants a house near her family; instead of building a huge expensive house, build her a small confortable house near her family and put it in her name. With the money you would have saved on building a big house, buy an apartment in Bangkok or a beach area, or build yourself another house where you would like to live. Put this one in your name. Can also do the same thing with cars and motorbikes; put yours in your name but buy her a small car in her name. This means if you split up, you loose something but not everything and still a base and some stability in your life. Fair is fair in my opinion; buy something for her but also buy something for you. It should not be the case that you give her everything; this is unreasonable.

Edited by MaiChai

Who said newbies cannot post? Congratulations to your first one and I'll stay tuned for more! :o

HEY DONT YOU GET IT !..

what ever it is man, woman or animal, but ill give you the tip, its a naughty aussie , just trust me on that one, it must resort to very naughty words because its very limited intelligence is a little or lot on the retarded side.

we all know that interesting input with a little bit of humour out plays naughty words any day but this poor sod has none of the above.

leave it up to the big brother moderator and you go and have a nice cuppa and a good lie down.

It is OBVIOUSLY the point of view of the CASE here... (oh man!!! Do I hv to explain it with draws too???) :S

use ur left side please!

:D

Couldn't have said it better! Sad that this sort of stupidity continues. Sing a couple choruses of "What's love got to do wih it?" Thai society expects the man to be the PROVIDER! So even in a good marriage (farungxbar girl=NOT) things will fall apart if this duty is neglected (yes, even in America). The age difference is the least of the factors against the success of Thai farung marriages. How many expats do you know that bitch about Thais all the time and won't learn the language? As 90% ot more of Thais are Buddhist, how many farungs who want to live here would convert to Buddhism out of respect? Right! Yeah, as well as learning Thai. Well, enough already, Im headed down to KFC.

Peter48, could not agree with you more.

If you get married try and buy stuff for yourself and also keep the wife happy. Example: wife probably wants a house near her family; instead of building a huge expensive house, build her a small confortable house near her family and put it in her name. With the money you would have saved on building a big house, buy an apartment in Bangkok or a beach area, or build yourself another house where you would like to live. Put this one in your name. Can also do the same thing with cars and motorbikes; put yours in your name but buy her a small car in her name. This means if you split up, you loose something but not everything and still a base and some stability in your life. Fair is fair in my opinion; buy something for her but also buy something for you. It should not be the case that you give her everything; this is unreasonable.

absolutely agree - seems 1/2 people here are afraid like hel_l their thai iwfe will take it all - so like ive said if you dont trust her dont marry her - i would say give it at least 2 years before making any hasty investments - when i first married my Thai wife (much tounger of course) I bought a condo in BKK for us to live in my name - later I bought a house in chianng Mai in her name - since then weve bought another condo my name and another house her name. We have quite a lot in mutual funds here and 50% in her name 50% in mine - the only thing ive worried a bit about and my wife knows my views on this is not her but her family - having said that apart form one uncle none has ever asked for even 1 baht - i guess i drove the point really home 5 years ago - dont even ask and my wife told all her family if it comes to it i choose my husband (me - dont know why im one of those silly old gits they refer to) - touch wood no problems yet after 5 years. The uncle is not liked by any of my wifes family but being Thai they cant tell him to piss off - he tries it on every now and then but always gets same sweet answer form my Wife - so whats my point - its be fair as this post says - if you mary you have ot trust your wife and be fair - yes it can all go wrong thorugh nobodies fault but then i reckon my thai wife deserves as much as she would get in UK (50%).

But guys dont come here and think youll find that gem at once amongst all rubbish and if u do find it cherish it like hel_l - their a rare bread and take your time - any decent girl if u explain properly will understand - she might not like it but she also knows all cons played on silly forangs - trust takes a long time to build for both parties given all sad stories on both sides here in LOS

I'm saying that a lot of foreigners (from all countries, not just westerners.... although they do seem to be over represented like African Americans in US prisons.... whether the system is set against them or if it's their own natural tendencies is debatable) leave their common sense on the plane. They get themselves into situations that they would NEVER get themselves into at home.

Hey Terry...I don't care if you are Terry or Bob....the way you put words is similar to those kids who are trying to be adults. " I reckon " applies to everybody here in Qld... and I don't give a ###### if you think that I am a Kateoy because I am not-- :D

I am 100 % Thai lady and live in Queensland quite a few years ( Ring me if you want ) :D DON'T YOU ROT A REPUTATION OF AUSSIE KIDS AND STOP THAT TANTRUMS... :D

I only said what I think about the murder case... She deserved what she did...THINK WHAT IF YOU WERE IN HIS POSITION!!!

Peace out ... :D Sawasdee ka :D

check this out people and can some one for god's sake interperate this little gem for me

" DON'T YOU ROT A REPUTATION OF AUSSIE KIDS AND STOP THAT TANTRUMS "

look ive just cacked in my daks cause ive been laughing and laughing and laughed some more and if this ladyboy keeps on posting like this im booking into the hospital for a spleen removal.

the last time i heard a little ripper like that was when i bought my last katoey boy/girlfriend a bar and a condo! '' I RECON " HA HA HA and please send me another little cracker as my dog needs a good laugh also.

look, im getting really serious now and im not going to play these silly little games anymore as i dont think my heart can handle all these belly laughs.

ive only got one question for you ok.

can you book me into see your doctor so i can get my naughty bits cut off as i want a sense of humour just like yours as thats worth a million dollars.

you still cant trick me lady boy.

:D:o:D

I think all Thaliand women should have the right to rip off the farang.

The farang should be happy and send them more money.

If he has no more money he should go back to his county and steal to get more money for Thai girl.

That will make all him a good man with a good heart.

Better yet don't come to Thailand just send money.

Why do people love to condem a man out of hand. We are all different and react in different ways. This man could well be a very decent old guy who really just wanted companionship but was " milked " of his money (probably every penny) by a cunning greedy bar-bitch who might well have done something similar before. None of us were there when he killed her so who knows, she might have taunted him to despiration, probably told him he was an old fool (no arguement there) and flaunted him with the facts of her new younger boyfriend who was going to move into her bar with her . All this could have happened, we dont know. I doubt if he had planned to do it but probably just snapped, we should all give him the benifit of the doubt at least. That man might have never done anybody any harm in his life. As for the bar girl......who knows, there are certianly a few first class scheming bitches out there in bar world. Seems she just made a bad business decision, thinking it too easy.

I'm not too clever at putting my point over but thats how i feel ok!

How fast is this thread moving?

LOVE REALLY???? OH FOR GODS SAKE 62 YR OLD LOVE 26 LUST MOST FARANGS HERE ARE SICK PERVERTS THAT ARE TO STUPID OR UGLY TO FIND SOMEONE IN THERE OWN COUNTRY. YOU COME HERE AND FLASH YOUR MONEY AND THINK UR FOUND LOVE WOW YOU ARE REALLY ALL STUPID

Oh, yes I see your wisdom and intellect in your ability to put forward a cogent argument, in a grammatical, well written, correctly spelled and punctuated pearl of wisdom. It never fails to amuse me how flamers such as this guy wade in calling all-and-sunder 'stupid' etc and can not manage a single sentence without showing their own stupidity in spades. Duly ignored.

PS: Press the shift-lock button to get at lowercase.

Cpt_M0ney_Sh0t

What sad miserable pathetic pepole guys like him, Sunreader & Neeranam must be to think it's ok to kill your hoe just because she is a hoe. It's like picking up a snake and killing it because it bites you! <deleted> you knew it was a snake when ya picked it up.

Cap, the analogy only holds true if the 'snake' was acting like a 'snake' when you picked it up. Pick up a stick and it bites you, makes you more of the victim than just foolhardy (perhaps).

How can anyone trust a Thai when According to the Bangkok post, caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Saturday that corruption is quite normal in life and to be expected.

He told his weekly radio audience that most people will exploit any opportunities they can find to make extra money.

"It's human nature to try to find loopholes. To cheat, to look for the weak spot in any system," Thaksin said.

Bangkok Post

Ah, so Thaksin succeeded eventually in making Thailand a 'hub' - the 'Hub of corruption'.

beammeup

One day this young girl is riding a buffalo in Esan the next she is sold or traded and has to f##k fat old white pigs. Do you think maybe she has been lied and cheated too.

You are confusing, perhaps, child slavery/trafficking with Pattaya type prostitution. It may still happen like this in border towns, certainly over the border (Cambodia/Myanmar/Laos), but would be exceedingly rare in BKK/Pattaya/Phuket/Etc. Many BGs go back to it during and after 'getting their break'. I know girls that have been 'rescued' (note the inverted commas) and taken abroad and been given a home, money, security (not all with large age gaps either - some yes) and have taken up prostitution when overseas to 'enhance' their income and for 'fun' (often leading to breakups and divorce) - believe it or not (some of these girls do enjoy the every-night-a-party and girl comradery and miss it when they are removed from it).

terry57

look people, and especially to the dottering old falang who continue to think that these beautifull young thai godd'ess's actually fancy them i have some top advice for you to ponder over whilst you are crying into your chang.

its really simple, consider this and save the condo for youself as you will need somewere to live when you finally acept that lovely young things are only around for the money which is not very hard to work out is it?

IF IT FLOATS, FLY'S OR WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU, YOU MUST RENT IT.

i only have 20 years experience and still learning.

If that is your outlook Terry, then you have my sincerest pity. If you really believe that all Thai women are interested only in money (or even just the young pretty ones), then your 20 years have surely been wasted - or your eyes firmly shut.

jbowman1993

Is it never the Farangs fault?

If a farang is killed by a Thai, the Thai is always portrayed as a money hungry farang hater, while the farang was a good, honest tax paying member of society.

If a farang kills a Thai, still the Thai is portrayed as a money hungry nair do well, and the farang wasn't responsible because it was a "crime of passion". (I've never seen anyone use the "crime of passion" defense when a Thai kills a Farang")

Yes, that is what it means, Tomyum. Here on Thai visa, its the quality of your avatar that matters, not the intelligence of your opinion.

It depends on the context and, of course, the press reports. We can only comment on what we 'know' (i.e. have been told). Any news section would be pretty devoid of content if we didn't talk about what the press has reported now wouldn't it.

When farangs are shown to be pedophiles, fraudsters, beggars, thieves, scammers and killers (when they have killed in less emotional circumstances) you would find that the veracity of the onslaught against them is, if anything, extreme. Its the context and how its portrayed in the media that dictates, to some degree, the comments that follow.

With reference to your quip to TomYum (from a later post): some long-standing members have (I guess) seconds or even third logins that show as 'newbie' and use these IDs to flame and troll. Some real 'newbies' jump in just to get a reaction. Its simply a fact that if you have more posts under your belt, then you are less likely to flame/troll as it costs you more top get banned than someone on post 1.

Any forum needs newbies and all are welcome here as far as I am concerned, but many threads are wrecked by trolls and flamers. So, when members attack 'newbies' for such posts, its aimed at the flamers/trolls (which may include long-standing members second IDs) rather than genuine 'newbies'. Good posts that are cogent will always be appreciated even if they are contentious or diametrically opposed to the general thread of the - er - thread. We can then either agree or put up another cogent argument.

I'm saying that a lot of foreigners (from all countries, not just westerners.... although they do seem to be over represented like African Americans in US prisons.... whether the system is set against them or if it's their own natural tendencies is debatable) leave their common sense on the plane. They get themselves into situations that they would NEVER get themselves into at home.

hey people,

this is how it works in aussie and the situation is same same but different ( thai proverb)

man works butt off for 30 years and retires with a big fat superannuation check, a house, car and the handbag (big fat ugly wife who dont like him very much anymore)

the handbag hangs in there till man retires then tells man shes doing a runner with mans fat superannuation check and the house.

man wants to kill wife but is to <deleted> scared as he knows he has to spend ten freaking years in the big house.

man's best mate tells man about pattayaland were lovely, drop dead gorgeous thai spunk monkey

will love him longtime and all for the good price of ex handbags huge sloppy G string.

man bolts over to pattayaland , cant believe what he is seeing and then proceeds to go a huge bender shafting as many little thai things that his wallet can handle.

man then does his nuts and falls in love with one particular little lovely who in his poor demented and twisted mind " REALLY LOVES HIM "

man has a bit of superannuation left as hand bag has got most of it and is now drinking gin and tonics on the queen mary with his best mate.

thai girl friend now has a top idea to help make man some money to live off.

lets buy a bar and a condo and live happily ever after just like the other 6 million other falangs in pattayaland.

mans mind goes into over drive processing this cracker idea and spends whats left of his lifes work buying bar and condo in girl friends name.

thai girl gets new boyfriend, man then is really up <deleted> creek with nothing left in his poor sodding life , goes troppo and tops said girl friend.

man spends rest of life being butt f------d in the big tiger.

i ponder the following questions

A is man blind to not see what really goes down in pattayaland or just temporally stunned by light ?

B is man really stupid or just a bit silly & missguided about real situation in pattayaland ?

C is man in love or in lust & should have known about thai girls motive ?

D is thai girl the real reason man is now in big tiger being the new sex toy.

here's the twist and the money shot people, its got to be the best mates fault for setting up man in the first place as he knew this was going to happen but hes loving life on the queen mary.

all said and done this situation happens every day in every country and it only makes news when someone gets killed. its becoming quite normal here in aussie with man topping wife and kids as well.

this has been a great thread with so many opinions being thrown up, ideas talked over, some a bit emotional, a few harsh and some hilarious.

i think we all have 1 thing in common and that is we are all <deleted> scared it could happen to one of us

and buddha help us all that it dont but being humans theres not much hope of that as a sucker goes down every minute of the day.

cheers people and me myself and i will continue to love thailand and having a few clues after 20 years experience with this country will always steer clear of the hookers choosing to associate with the normal day to day thai who tend to be excellent, caring and awesome people.

:o:D:D

Here we go again.....Pity.

62 yr old man 26 yr old woman !............Dont be too smug and sarcastic about that. I know several similar relationships who seem to be quite happy thank you !

sorry about my 50 stang worth but i got to throw this one in,

ive only been alive 48 years and i can honestly say that i aint never seen one in aussie or any other of the countries ive travelled in besides thailand.

im talking big age gaps like 60+ male 20+ female

india or middle east it happens but its a straight out business deal without the " i love you " tacked on the end and no one is under any ellusions as its all sorted before hand.

now i must add that these young girls dont look to freaking happy hanging out with daddy. ( no offence intended as its only an observation )

im not taking the piss here but im just jealous of those punters who have managed to crack onto a thai godd'ess and are living the fairy tail with someone young enough to be there youngest daughter.

could not do it in this country as every body would throw rocks at you for being percieved as a dirty old codger but inreality they are just a bunch of gealous pussers wishing it was them hanging out of that georgous dolly bird.

you obviously got a few contacts so how about setting me up with one of the sisters?

i'll be in thailand end of this month and maybe we can meet at the nearest pre school centre.

:o:D:D

Maybe some good will come out of this sad story.Maybe people will reflect and understand there are CONSEQUENCES if you f....with someone who does not like being f......with.

This applies to ALL parties,and hopefully lessons will be learned,but I fear not.

Here we go again.....Pity.

62 yr old man 26 yr old woman !............Dont be too smug and sarcastic about that. I know several similar relationships who seem to be quite happy thank you !

Sorry if you thought I meant it that way.