Thailand expects 4.3 million Chinese visitors this year

webfact

Thailand expects 4.3 million Chinese visitors this year
By Digital Content

14084076122262.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 18 -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand expects that the number of Chinese tourists visiting the country this year will reach 4.3 million as Thailand has waived visa fees for Chinese and Taiwanese tourists for the first three months.

TAT Governor Thawatchai Arunyik said that visa fees were exempted for Chinese and Taiwanese visitors from August 9 to November 8 this year as the National Council for Peace and Order wants to stimulate Thai tourism in the last quarter of the year.

Mr Thawatchai hopes the measure will increase the number of Chinese and Taiwanese arrivals to 400,000-500,000 per month, up from 200,000-300,000 per month during the previous months of political turmoil.

The TAT governor said long holidays to celebrate Chinese National Day in October would help boost the number of Chinese visitors to Thailand. He expects 4.3 million Chinese to visit Thailand this year, more than his previous forecast of 3.98 million.

Meanwhile, immigration police have opened Chinese lanes at six Airports of Thailand (AOT) and has also assigned Chinese-speaking staffs to facilitate Chinese arrivals. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-08-19

i truly hate to think what thailand is going to be like in a few years......guangzhou airportbah.gif on a bad day springs to mind.

Tell me a good day at Guangzhou airport! Or Chongqing for that matter.... I waited 14 hours to fly to Pudong... 14 hours after my delayed 2 hourly choice of flight!! w00t.gif

• Like 1

Chinese lanes at 6 airports ??? immigration.

Europeans ?? Just stand in line and wait for the Chinese to pass through quickly, Any one else feels like they are third class people, after all we were the first to put Thai tourism on the map and give this TAT VIP cronies work. They make me sick with this flannel for greed---

• Like 1

i truly hate to think what thailand is going to be like in a few years......guangzhou airportbah.gif on a bad day springs to mind.

Tell me a good day at Guangzhou airport! Or Chongqing for that matter.... I waited 14 hours to fly to Pudong... 14 hours after my delayed 2 hourly choice of flight!! w00t.gif

The first time I heard of White Cloud airport, if still called that, was in the late '70s when ATC nearly landed a commercial flight on top of a taxing military transport.

Looking for the cheapest rooms, and negotiating prices for Som Tam.

Ask people in Hong Kong about Chinese Tourism.......

At least HK developers saved money on not having to worry about too many toilets in shopping malls etc. as Mainland tourists don't need them giggle.gif

Due to past connections I still read the South China Morning Post and some of the complaints are disgusting, always women, happy to crap anywhere including in shopping malls.

No mistake as Mainlanders stick out like a sore thumbs in HK and increasingly elsewhere too it seems.

Great news.......but it won't eventuate......TAT love their budgets...

Every month a so called new/statement/prediction/expect......................TAT budget, it was at one time estimated at 6 billion baht per year, and there is the sports tourism and another tourist department, how much are they allocated.

If I had their budget I could swan around up market resorts on seminars with another 50 paid for hangers on.--Make one Tourism authority, with a tight budget with a person who makes statements that do not emerge from the rear end.

Looking for the cheapest rooms, and negotiating prices for Som Tam.

Ask people in Hong Kong about Chinese Tourism.......

I thought there were plenty of chinese/thasi in Bangkok, farangs prefer by all accounts, and they are clever little ones too. Thai ladies must love the sam sam sam chinse folk

Let them come. Tourism numbers from the West are declining so it makes sense to focus on Chinese, Indian and Indonesian inbound for Thailand.

SIR

You need a job with the Thai Touist Board

They used to call these 0 dollar tours - are these new ones the same of FITs?

Let them come. Tourism numbers from the West are declining so it makes sense to focus on Chinese, Indian and Indonesian inbound for Thailand.

SIR

You need a job with the Thai Touist Board

Not really :) We all know TAT but for the company I am working we bring in around 35k-40k Chinese tourists to Thailand every year.

Last week was it when it said Chinese figures were down 20%.

If westerners figures are declining, Why---no money in the west ? or they are well now aware of the rip offs ? they also do not like twin tariffs ?? dirty beaches and seas more noticeable. Truth also be known that most westerners do not like the hoards of Chinese crowding the shops and showing off their latest bad habits and now getting preferential treatment. This is nothing to do with racist it's to do with the massive influx.

If we all remember in the early Spain holiday days, when influx of crowds from other countries people classed it as an intrusion----this is wrong I know-but this is the way the world works.

I also there is some truth in that here, on the Jomptien beach donkeys years ago we westerners thought it was ours, (it wasn't) but we thought like that -when you got loads of loud mouthed Chinese next to you it puts you off----Bad attitude I know but natural.

• Like 1

...and there are still people out there thinking this is good news.

Well, it might be not so good news for foreigners in Thailand, but what about the Thais themselves ? How do they feel ?

In all honesty, the Thaksin Party, Abhisit and the Democrats, the junta, all three of them, are any of them interested in reducing the number of Chinese tourists ? Are any of them in favour of reducing Thailand's economic ties with China ?

Maybe we should look at the USA and the European Union, and tell them that they should also reduce the number of Chinese tourists going to their countries ? Maybe we should tell America and the European Union to reduce their imports of Chinese manufactured goods ? Maybe we should tell Australia to reduce their exports of iron ore (and all other raw materials) to China. After all, China won't be able to export it's manufactured goods if it can't import loads of raw materials.

And if they don't have a massive trade surplus, well, they can't send loads of tourists to Thailand, right ?? Where's their money going to come from ?

:)

Good luck to them. The more the merrier. They run the place financially already anyway - family connections. Why would they not want to come here for a cheap holiday? Same as most of you lot on here criticizing them.