Islamist militants 'kill US reporter James Foley on video'

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharia and Jihad are cornerstones of the muslim faith, all true muslims support both and would never deny that they do.

So you are saying that Muslim majority countries whose population / leaders have rejected Sharia Law (there are many) for criminal offences & severe Sharia Law punishments for civil matters are not "true Muslims". Guess that would make interesting reading for those that you accuse of not being "true Muslims".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_of_sharia_law_by_country

I am talking about individuals not countries

To clarify, so am I

Pardon me, Iranian lady and Muslim is not the same.

I would also be much obliged if somebody would explain the difference between "Islamist" and "Muslim".

(Seastallion, your shout!).

You are right to say Iranian lady and Muslim lady do not necessarily mean the same thing, but chances are they do. Not a lot of Parsees Bahaai's or Zoroastrians left in Iran.

Who are those snake handler dudes in deepest hillbilly bible belt USA? They're Christian. But not all Christians are "serpent handlers". For sure the serpent handlers are a minority.

Zionists, they're Jews, but not all Jews are Zionist. My guess is that Zionists are a minority amongst Jews.

Islamists are Muslims, but not all Muslims are Islamist. My guess (and observation) is that Islamists are a minority amongst Muslims.

Islamists and Zionists and Jehovah's Witnesses/Westboro Baptist/Other Whacky Western sect/cult...they all are one of the major religions but have an ideology tacked on to their religion, often using radical interpretations of the religion to form a base for their ideology.

It is incorrect to assume all Muslims, or even a majority of Muslims, are Islamists.

Yes, that's the fashionable, PC, thing to say. The sheep seem to eat it up. But I'm not actually so sure... (But that's something already being discussed in the UK Jihadist thread.)

I wake each morning to the sound of the muezzin. I see hundreds of Muslims every day. The conspiracy that is trying to make headway to become fashionable is the one you allude to, ie that all Muslims are Islamist at heart, Jihadis, and supporters of Sharia. This simply does not make sense that millions of Muslims worldwide could keep up a pretense and hide "their true convictions".

Where do they have to keep up any such pretense, other than in (so-far) non-Muslim countries, or in Muslim countries where sectarian violence and intimidation are the order of the day? ...where it makes all the sense in the world.