Gaza conflict: Truce ends amid fresh fighting

webfact

I do not believe you have ever set 1 foot in Israel , I even doubt you know it's exact location.

It is against the law to discriminate against Arabs and you will find even speaking bad is punishable .

Price attacks are carried out by a minority and frowned upon by majority, not to mention punishable by law in comparison where attacks on Jews are encouraged , paid for and celebrated.

Quote: "I do not believe you have ever set 1 foot in Israel , I even doubt you know it's exact location".

I doubt that you ever set foot in Nazi Germany - so following your logic, this means that you have no right to comment on the Holocaust.

Quote:" It is against the law to discriminate against Arabs and you will find even speaking bad is punishable ."

Maybe in theory, but in practice abuse of Arabs is totally acceptable. Rabbi Dov Lior said it was "acceptable to kill Palestinian civilians and destroy Gaza".

He has also said:

- "captured Arab terrorists could be used as guinea pigs in medical experiments" (now, where have I heard that before?)

- an IVF baby born to a Jewish women using sperm donated by a non-Jewish man will have the "negative genetic traits that characterize non-Jews" and that "Gentile sperm leads to barbaric offspring".

- After Baruch Goldstein murdered 29 Palestinian worshipers at the Cave of the Patriarchs, Lior described Goldstein as "holier than all the martyrs of the Holocaust."

Rabbi Yitzhak Shapira has encouraged the IDF to use Palestinian civilians as human shields.

So, while such hate speech may be against the law, neither of these "Holy Men of Israel" has ever been charged with any offence related to these utterances. In fact, when they were to be brought in for questioning about these hate speeches, there were street demonstrations in support of them! Even Israel's Chief Rabbi came to their rescue, and the PM - Netanyahu - interfered to ensure no charges were made.

Quote: Price attacks are carried out by a minority and frowned upon by majority, not to mention punishable by law ....

Great. Another piece of Israeli double standards to pretend it is somehow a civilised country. Price attacks have been carried out by settlers while the IDF stood by and protected the settlers in case of violence by Palestinians. One poll shows that "46% of Israelis support price attacks". That may be a minority, but only just. That is almost half of the population! There are numerous other examples - see: http://mondoweiss.net/2011/03/nearly-half-of-israeli-jews-support-settler-price-tag-attacks-against-palestinians.html

Edited by CBR250
  • Like 1

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamas Executes 18 Suspected Informants By Firing Squad, Public Shooting

Those are the kind of headlines I don't like to see. No due process. Knowing what I know about Islamist extremists, it would need just one guy pointing a finger at another and shouting "He's helping the Zionists!"and pow, the accused gets summarily shot or beheaded. That's what's going on with IS right now. It could be a guy who is angry at another guy for taking his girlfriend, and the jilted guy simply pointing a finger and shouting....

And 45% of Israelis think that too little force has been deployed, while only 6% think that too much force has been used?? Either this poll is inaccurate, or the Israelis have become a particularly vicious people, spurred on no doubt by the anti-Palestinian propaganda spewed out by mainstream media.

It's not vicious to want to protect the place you and your family reside - from others who would want to run you and all your neighbors off and/or kill you.
  • Like 1

And 45% of Israelis think that too little force has been deployed, while only 6% think that too much force has been used?? Either this poll is inaccurate, or the Israelis have become a particularly vicious people, spurred on no doubt by the anti-Palestinian propaganda spewed out by mainstream media.

It's not vicious to want to protect the place you and your family reside - from others who would want to run you and all your neighbors off and/or kill you.

If you go back and check the poll I referred to was not about fear of being "run off".

It was about Israeli people's approval of the IDFs disproportionate military action in Gaza, that has resulted in the deaths of over 400 children - and a total of over 2,000 Palestinians, the vast majority being civilians. Aside from the destruction of so much of the city that it will take years to get back together. And only 6% of Israelis expressed concerns about this? Clearly, the blood-lust has gotten out of hand in Israel.

Edited by CBR250

One poll shows that "46% of Israelis support price attacks". That may be a minority, but only just.

Of course, CBR250 neglects to mention that his poll was carried out following the massacre of five Israeli family members in Itamar in 2011 by Palestinians. His agenda to demonize Israel and ignore the barbarity of Hamas grows more and more clear.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

But anyway...you're detracting away from what I said, and what I said, especially in the context and conversation I was having, was 100% correct.

Well I'm glad that you are convincing yourself anyway. Did it ever occur to you that everyone on the thread thinks that they are "correct"?

duty_calls.png

Can someone tell me how to put this clown on "ignore"? I have absolutely no interest in his inane, biased, disingenuous, sexist, racist comments any longer. Please.

You can block any member through here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=ignoredusers

I do not believe you have ever set 1 foot in Israel , I even doubt you know it's exact location.

It is against the law to discriminate against Arabs and you will find even speaking bad is punishable .

Price attacks are carried out by a minority and frowned upon by majority, not to mention punishable by law in comparison where attacks on Jews are encouraged , paid for and celebrated.

Quote: "I do not believe you have ever set 1 foot in Israel , I even doubt you know it's exact location".

I doubt that you ever set foot in Nazi Germany - so following your logic, this means that you have no right to comment on the Holocaust.

Quote:" It is against the law to discriminate against Arabs and you will find even speaking bad is punishable ."

Maybe in theory, but in practice abuse of Arabs is totally acceptable. Rabbi Dov Lior said it was "acceptable to kill Palestinian civilians and destroy Gaza".

He has also said:

- "captured Arab terrorists could be used as guinea pigs in medical experiments" (now, where have I heard that before?)

- an IVF baby born to a Jewish women using sperm donated by a non-Jewish man will have the "negative genetic traits that characterize non-Jews" and that "Gentile sperm leads to barbaric offspring".

- After Baruch Goldstein murdered 29 Palestinian worshipers at the Cave of the Patriarchs, Lior described Goldstein as "holier than all the martyrs of the Holocaust."

Rabbi Yitzhak Shapira has encouraged the IDF to use Palestinian civilians as human shields.

So, while such hate speech may be against the law, neither of these "Holy Men of Israel" has ever been charged with any offence related to these utterances. In fact, when they were to be brought in for questioning about these hate speeches, there were street demonstrations in support of them! Even Israel's Chief Rabbi came to their rescue, and the PM - Netanyahu - interfered to ensure no charges were made.

Quote: Price attacks are carried out by a minority and frowned upon by majority, not to mention punishable by law ....

Great. Another piece of Israeli double standards to pretend it is somehow a civilised country. Price attacks have been carried out by settlers while the IDF stood by and protected the settlers in case of violence by Palestinians. One poll shows that "46% of Israelis support price attacks". That may be a minority, but only just. That is almost half of the population! There are numerous other examples - see: http://mondoweiss.net/2011/03/nearly-half-of-israeli-jews-support-settler-price-tag-attacks-against-palestinians.html

My post addressed another poster who stated when he visited Israel he spoke to people.

Secondly, read again what I wrote .

I clearly said a minority's clearly said punished

Do post for me what happens in Palestine when a Jew is killed or captured ?

Do post for me what happens in public of someone starts to bad mouth Israel or Jews ?

I make it easier for you.

In Palestine on national channels it's perfectly ok to address Israel and Jews as pigs and to wish for all Jews to be killed or burned.

It is perfectly ok in children's program's to use Micky mouse as a brave soldier who kills Jews .

Please comment ;)

One poll shows that "46% of Israelis support price attacks". That may be a minority, but only just.

Of course, CBR250 neglects to mention that his poll was carried out following the massacre of five Israeli family members in Itamar in 2011 by Palestinians. His agenda to demonize Israel and ignore the barbarity of Hamas grows more and more clear.

One very important fact to consider is where poll is conducted and how many people are asked.

If you surveyed 2 people and one was yes while the other one was a no, poll would be 50%

Then of course to be fair, one could also post results of polls on the other side.

The only problem is if that poll results are posted it would make poster look very silly when 99.9% are pro eradicating all Jews.

He has also said:

In Palestine on national channels it's perfectly ok to address Israel and Jews as pigs and to wish for all Jews to be killed or burned.

It is perfectly ok in children's program's to use Micky mouse as a brave soldier who kills Jews .

Please comment wink.png

I already commented. Maybe you don't read so well, but I did note that Jewish Holy Men - not just some secular talking head on television - applauds the death of Palestinians. And calls for more killings. As well as referring to Gentiles as "barbaric". This is contrary to Israeli law - so why is it allowed? Why are these men not charged? And why is this hateful rubbish reported in Israeli media without the most stinging condemnations?

And maybe a better example if you want to illustrate the level of hatred emanating from Israel - a well-known Israeli politician and parliament member (Ayelet Shaked) has branded Palestinians as terrorists, saying mothers of all Palestinians should also be killed during the ongoing Israeli assault on the besieged Gaza Strip. She also called called for the slaughter of Palestinian mothers who give birth to “little snakes.”

“They have to die and their houses should be demolished so that they cannot bear any more terrorists,” Shaked said, adding, “They are all our enemies and their blood should be on our hands. This also applies to the mothers of the dead terrorists.”

Where is your stinging rebuke to these Jewish holy men and the fascist MP? I will conclude that continuing refusal to do so on your part indicates your support of their sentiments.

So, you see, Israel has clearly lost any claims it may once have had to the moral high ground. Many people are starting to despise the Israeli leadership, and question the direction of Israeli society as a whole. And this turn-around has occurred despite the flooding of social media by pro-Israelis, and the control of much of mainstream western media by pro-Israeli interests. Surely you have to question your stance if all of the efforts at propaganda are not preventing people withdrawing previous support for Israel?

• Like 1

One very important fact to consider is where poll is conducted and how many people are asked.

If you surveyed 2 people and one was yes while the other one was a no, poll would be 50%

Then of course to be fair, one could also post results of polls on the other side.

The only problem is if that poll results are posted it would make poster look very silly when 99.9% are pro eradicating all Jews.

OK. You want to question the method.

"The poll was carried out by Ynet-Gesher. It questioned 504 respondents who constitute a national representative sample of the adult Jewish population in Israel. Respondents were asked to refer to the "price tag" activities executed by extreme right-wing elements".

So, clearly, your statement that:

"Price attacks are carried out by a minority and frowned upon by majority, not to mention punishable by law".

does not accord with objective fact. There is plenty more information that indicates the tacit support of the IDF in carrying out these attacks. And the total lack of interest by Israeli authorities in identifying and prosecuting the perpetrators. Believe me, I would prefer that you were right - but face reality, you have a more positive personal outlook about the situation than is warranted by the facts.

OK. Second point - do as you suggest, be fair, and post your poll results. And that you will find some negative sentiments - even hatred - won't make me look silly at all. I understand why many Palestinians would hate Israelis given the years of subjugation, humiliation, extra-judicial executions, and land theft to which they have been subjected. And given what the IDF has just done in Gaza with the slaughter of thousands, it wouldn't surprise me if the figure of those expressing "negative sentiments" towards Israelis has even increased somewhat of late. It would be far more surprising if it hadn't!

However, I will be more than surprised if you find a legitimate poll with Palestinians that shows anywhere near "99.9% are pro eradicating all Jews". And if you don't find the poll, please reappear on these pages and note your error in making such an absurd claim (unlike so many of the rabidly pro-Israeli posters on here who just move on from one set of errors to the next).

One reason I am so sure you won't find this is that I know quite a few Palestinians who are anti-war and pro-peace. I know they are a minority, but they are more than 0.1%. And there are of course some admirable Israelis who also seek a just peace, and resist ratcheting up the hatred. But the polls - as well as Israel's policies - indicate they also are indeed a small minority.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that this particular crime was never solved.

This morning, a 4 year old boy was killed in Israel. I grieve for his parents. And 2 days ago the 8 month old son of a Hamas commander was killed by a targeted Israeli air strike, along with his mother. I can only imagine the extent of that loss. Partner and son in the same moment.

These are the losses that help embed hate. Those who create these losses are those without humanity, sociopathic politicians who enjoy the suffering of others, and prolong the war for their selfish motives.

And while considering the underlying reasons for the cycle of hatred, this picture is a stark reminder of the difference in magnitude between what is happening in Gaza and Israel.

001-14686227666_c69c156c75_o-531x353.jpg

The picture shows mourners filling the mosque during the funeral for 26 members of the Abu Jame’ family, who were killed the previous day during an Israeli attack on the Bani Suhaila neighborhood of Khan Younis, Gaza Strip, July 21, 2014. Reports indicate that 15 of the 24 killed were children of the Abu Jame’ family.

Edited by CBR250
  • Like 2

The Israel demonization agenda is the same as Hamas -- the end of Israel. It's clear they don't think Israel should have EVER existed in the first place ... and the rest is just propaganda to strengthen the antisemitic enemies of Israel in their obvious goal of genocide of the Jews of Israel. They would probably be OK with the Jews just leaving in fear but they won't so what they really are after is another genocide of millions of Jews. Yes, most Israelis and most Jews get the grim reality of this situation. Enemies come in different poses playing different games. Some with rockets. Some with legalistic BS about proportionality in clear DEFENSE of a LEGITIMATE nation. Yes it is true the genocide desiring enemies of Israel aren't nearly at the level of being ABLE to accomplish their Jew free Palestine dream, that's the job of the IDF and the friends that Israel does have in the world to KEEP IT THAT WAY!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

001-14686227666_c69c156c75_o-531x353.jpg

The picture shows mourners filling the mosque during the funeral for 26 members of the Abu Jame family, who were killed the previous day during an Israeli attack on the Bani Suhaila neighborhood of Khan Younis, Gaza Strip, July 21, 2014. Reports indicate that 15 of the 24 killed were children of the Abu Jame family.

That is a sad photo. Obviously little children are not combatants. I don't know the background story, but it's likely at least some members of that family were combatants. If so, they should have put a big distance between themselves and their family members. Not doing so endangers the other family members.

Traditionally, warriors have not gone to battle with family members nearby. IDF has grave issues with those shooting off bombs and the shooters' handlers. Israel authorities don't want to kill innocents and doesn't target them. Yet, in every war, innocents get killed. Palestinians long ago lost the military conflict. Because they won't acknowledge it, they continue to fight, and misery continues to befall them and innocents nearby.

Edited by boomerangutang

It's obvious and well known that Hamas overcounts "innocent" civilian casualties. Of course they do. It's their key propaganda tool in their campaign to demonize Israel and irrationally paint Jews as intentional child killers. Sadly their tricks are working and many westerners without knowledge of the genocidal nature of Hamas are buying into these distortions.

Edited by Jingthing

You see, it is totally irrelevant what claims Israel makes, because people like yourself will continue to bash Israel.

As one of my Israeli friends mentioned the other day, people in Israel are tired of trying to prove anything despite all the evidence, so whats the point.

For you to even compare comments of one MP or one Rabbi to naming the streets after killers of jews is simply beyond comprehension,

You can continue your keyboard war, while Israel will do what it has to do to protect its people.

You were invited to back up one of your claims way back on post #224. You have not done so - and we both know the reason for your avoidance is because that claim you made - as with others - is patently absurd. Neither have you condemned the hateful rubbish spewed out by some notable Israelis that I drew to your attention.

Israel may be "protecting its people", but this is only a minor aim in the larger game of stealing the land of the Palestinian people - and of course appeasing the egos of Netanyahu and his fellow murderous politicians.

And you suggest I am engaged in a "keyboard war"? Another of your fantasies. No, I write to convey information and offer analysis. And prefer to do so to those who have the wit to engage in discussion - I actually don't mind if people disagree, as long as they do so from a considered position, with evidence, and the capacity to employ logic. You, unfortunately, seem unwilling or unable to demonstrate any of those qualities.

You see, it is totally irrelevant what claims Israel makes, because people like yourself will continue to bash Israel.

As one of my Israeli friends mentioned the other day, people in Israel are tired of trying to prove anything despite all the evidence, so whats the point.

For you to even compare comments of one MP or one Rabbi to naming the streets after killers of jews is simply beyond comprehension,

You can continue your keyboard war, while Israel will do what it has to do to protect its people.

You were invited to back up one of your claims way back on post #224. You have not done so - and we both know the reason for your avoidance is because that claim you made - as with others - is patently absurd. Neither have you condemned the hateful rubbish spewed out by some notable Israelis that I drew to your attention.

A few other points:

1. You have some effrontery to equate yourself with "Israel" - you do NOT speak for Israel. You speak for that portion of the society who supports war and oppression of Palestinians. There are many Israelis who do NOT share your views. Thankfully.

2. Israel may be "protecting its people", but this is only a minor aim in the larger game of stealing the land of the Palestinian people - and of course appeasing the egos of Netanyahu and his fellow murderous politicians.

3. And you suggest I am engaged in a "keyboard war"? Another of your fantasies. No, I write to convey information and offer analysis. And prefer to do so to those who have the wit to engage in discussion - I actually don't mind if people disagree, as long as they do so from a considered position, with evidence, and the capacity to employ logic. You, unfortunately, seem unwilling or unable to demonstrate any of those qualities.

Israel may be "protecting its people", but this is only a minor aim in the larger game of stealing the land of the Palestinian people - and of course appeasing the egos of Netanyahu and his fellow murderous politicians.

And you suggest I am engaged in a "keyboard war"? Another of your fantasies. No, I write to convey information and offer analysis. And prefer to do so to those who have the wit to engage in discussion - I actually don't mind if people disagree, as long as they do so from a considered position, with evidence, and the capacity to employ logic. You, unfortunately, seem unwilling or unable to demonstrate any of those qualities.

I do not need to back up my claim, simply because you are either not capable or not willing to even consider the facts.

And the facts are Israel does not promote hatred towards Arabs or Palestinians. Arabs and Palestinians do.

Facts are Israel punishes those responsible for price attacks or hate speeches, , Arabs and Palestinians encourage attacks, kidnappings and hate speech. Not only encourage it but reward it and promote it .

Fact is your poll was conducted at a certain location at certain timing, with 500 people, incase you were not aware, Israel has 8.2 million people, so 500 does not even make 0.1 %.

For you to come to conclusion that after less than 0.1% were surveyed, 46% did not like Palestinians is a fact of Israels hate towards Palestinians is as i said before beyond comprehension, nevertheless expected from Israel bashers.

Fact is Israel does not allow discrimination against Arabs and any public hate speeches are forbidden and punishable.

Now you claim to convey information and offer analysis, please post your credentials to give you some credibility, otherwise your analysis of situation worth as much as a used toilet paper.

You don't seem to even understand what a "fact" is. It is not your opinion. It is not the opinion of some mentally deranged poster who you quote.

Nor have any understanding of the methodology of survey research. Your response simply reinforces my view that you are unable to engage intellectually with this topic.

My credentials are my logic - here for all to see. Your credentials are also here for all to see.

• Like 1

Fact is Israel does not allow discrimination against Arabs and any public hate speeches are forbidden and punishable.

Indeed. The sole legal distinction between Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel is that Arabs are not required to serve in the Israeli army, so they don't have to fight family members. However, they can join the army if they desire to and some do.

I do not need to back up my claim, simply because you are either not capable or not willing to even consider the facts.

And the facts are Israel does not promote hatred towards Arabs or Palestinians. Arabs and Palestinians do.

Facts are Israel punishes those responsible for price attacks or hate speeches, , Arabs and Palestinians encourage attacks, kidnappings and hate speech. Not only encourage it but reward it and promote it .

Fact is your poll was conducted at a certain location at certain timing, with 500 people, incase you were not aware, Israel has 8.2 million people, so 500 does not even make 0.1 %.

For you to come to conclusion that after less than 0.1% were surveyed, 46% did not like Palestinians is a fact of Israels hate towards Palestinians is as i said before beyond comprehension, nevertheless expected from Israel bashers.

Now you claim to convey information and offer analysis, please post your credentials to give you some credibility, otherwise your analysis of situation worth as much as a used toilet paper.

You don't seem to even understand what a "fact" is. It is not your opinion. It is not the opinion of some mentally deranged poster who you quote.

Nor have any understanding of the methodology of survey research. Your response simply reinforces my view that you are unable to engage intellectually with this topic.

My credentials are my logic - here for all to see. Your credentials are also here for all to see.

Your credentials are your logic speaks volume. Not much else could be said .

This morning, a 4 year old boy was killed in Israel.

Condolences to the family of this innocent child.

But this is a direct consequence of Israel electing such an extremist government. Maybe voters will think before they vote in the next election.

whistling.gif

Isn't that how the oft repeated tune goes?

Condolences...but. "Beautiful".

It is actually the direct consequence of Gazans electing such an extremist terror organization.

• Like 1