Military use big stick to tackle land tangle at Phuket beach

webfact

So they are middle class, not rich elite out of Bangkok and their workers who are the one most adversely affected probably don't have savings or holdings ?

I only argue the elite are now making sure the profits of tourism in Phuket go to them, not mom and pop.

Edited by EBlair48

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the first things I learned when studying for my MBA was that an efficient manager ALWAYS tackles the most difficult problems first. Why weren't Trisara, Pullman, et al cleared first? They are the nuts to crack. The workaday folks can be cleared out in a couple of weeks with a backhoe...

That might be a worthy advice for middle management tactics, but it would not work on as strategy at this situation.

The first thing is to get ordinary people's confidence that things are really moving on. This is happening now. After the general population is really behind the current powers, then it's much more easy to fight against the big fish who are going to fight back.

Only fight the battles which you know you will win.

some serious stuff going on there

I wonder if the businesses on the sea side of walking street pattaya are all on public land, in fact maybe the whole street is built on what used to be a continuation of the beach

It was figured out 15 years ago already that beach side of walking street is built illegal and 101 businesses have to be removed. The budget of hundreds of millions to remove them has been allocated 2 times already, and at least one time evaporated into thin air.

very clearly shows it in this picture - oh dear

when you look at it you then realise just what an eye sore it is to the whole beachfront, I think if I owned a business there I'd be selling it right now

I experienced the same "expansion" of high -rises along Miami Beach. It's not going to be one eye-sore, it's going to become a chain of them all along the coast, hovering over the sea so eventually it will be difficult to get a glimpse of the sea while you are driving right along the shoreline in your car/motorbike.

^ reports have it any buildings that have had renovations will be removed.

So has one official even been questioned, much less indicted on the encroachments? Can anyone believe that officials in local governments did not profit and collect, " permit" fees?

Sorry I think this is all about the right people not getting paid, nothing more. And the working class has born the brunt of the battle for Phuket's spoils.