Where to eat on the beach in Phuket?

makecoldplayhistory

Just go to the Pullman or another business owned by the Bangkok elite. None of those have been cleared. Just ensure that you make a booking however. They are very busy now that all of their competition have been demolished with a bulldozer.

Talk about beating a dead horse! beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAubah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.giffacepalm.gif

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 2

Just go to the Pullman or another business owned by the Bangkok elite. None of those have been cleared. Just ensure that you make a booking however. They are very busy now that all of their competition have been demolished with a bulldozer.

Talk about beating a dead horse! beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAubah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.giffacepalm.gif

How do you know they are elite owned? Who in your distorted opinion are the elite?. You seem to love this word but probably have no idea what it means.

• Like 1

Welcome to the new Thailand :-(

Hmmm. sad.png

Wish there was a middle ground (no pun intended). Maybe it's time to buy a picnic hamper and cool box!

Loved camping when I was young and broke.......

I still enjoy an evening at least once or twice a week with my wife, my dog and my favorite beverage along with some food on a beach mat just down the road from my house. Much more relaxing than sitting in some bar or restaurant! I guess you are really old if you can't enjoy that!

• Like 1

makecoldplayhistory, on 20 Aug 2014 - 20:38, said:
bubblegum, on 20 Aug 2014 - 20:23, said:

Hmmm. sad.png

Wish there was a middle ground (no pun intended). Maybe it's time to buy a picnic hamper and cool box!

What we are seeing is a typical Thai officialdom over reaction, give it until high season, at the most 12 months, things should return to "normal," in the mean time many will have lost millions of baht and jobs. All this could have been avoided if the authorities enforced limited licencing of food, deck chair/umbrella, massage kiosks. The governors are too slack to force their officials into action.

• Like 2

How do you know they are elite owned? Who in your distorted opinion are the elite?. You seem to love this word but probably have no idea what it means.

If I was to guess at what he is getting at I would suggest he means that now the large high end companies referred to as the elite have a monopoly on the beachside restaurants. They must be laughing now at their good fortune.

The small independent restaurants have all gone or are going.

Yes it has been suggested to walk off the beach to eat but then you aren't in a beachside restaurant so defeats the point. You might as well be sat in Kathu.

• Like 1

Just go to the Pullman or another business owned by the Bangkok elite. None of those have been cleared. Just ensure that you make a booking however. They are very busy now that all of their competition have been demolished with a buflldozer.

Not true. The Beach Club of the Mövenpick Bang Tao has been cleared along with the Lotus restaurant. The Angsana in Laguna was forced to move all the chairs from the beach and pull out some concrete blocks.

Pullman for example is not on the beach, they occupie a legitimate ground.

I hate defending the powerful people, but this is the awful true.

By the way, if you want to eat on the beach or sort of (beautiful terrace on the beach) go to La Gritta, outside Patong. It is expensive, but you get amazing Italian food and a wonderful location.

Nice beachside restuarant in Kata - Ruam Tep. Diagonally opposite the Karon football stadium. (first building on beachside Karon beach). Good food at a reasonable price. Eat there often.

Edit// scratch that. As we have not been there since all this clearance, I looked in on my way over to Patong. Oh dear, entrance all green netted off, table area out back all cleared. I'll try to talk to the nice elderly Thai couple who own and operate the restaurant and guest rooms and find whether it,s just low season renovations or end of the line.

Hmmm. sad.png

Excellent idea, and bring a towel or folding chair, sit under the trees for shade. Working well here on Kata beach, plenty tourists on towels, some even have folding chairs. Vendors carrying cold drinks from m/bike on the roadside.

Took a gander on Layan near the " marine park" today and saw a pack of dogs pissing on the tourist's towels. And the pine trees are beautiful, but not the ants that live under them The disco music was as loud and as annoying as ever even 100 meters away.

Sure miss frozen margaritas with salted rims, and my favorite cashew chicken lunch I always enjoyed. All the the vendor had was low budget ice cream, chips, coke like beverages and that gross flavored milk stuff . I did notice a new pile of trash right at the entrance consisting mostly of that vendor's trash judging from the ice cream wrappers.

BTW Whay is no one concerned the Jet skis thugs are still operating on the beaches?

It ain't no paradise

Just go to the Pullman or another business owned by the Bangkok elite. None of those have been cleared. Just ensure that you make a booking however. They are very busy now that all of their competition have been demolished with a buflldozer.

Not true. The Beach Club of the Mövenpick Bang Tao has been cleared along with the Lotus restaurant. The Angsana in Laguna was forced to move all the chairs from the beach and pull out some concrete blocks.

Pullman for example is not on the beach, they occupie a legitimate ground.

I hate defending the powerful people, but this is the awful true.

By the way, if you want to eat on the beach or sort of (beautiful terrace on the beach) go to La Gritta, outside Patong. It is expensive, but you get amazing Italian food and a wonderful location.

I don't want to sit in some overpriced restaurant selling italian food. I want to sit on a mat and eat som tum and Thai style oysters. Those little mats on Rawai seafront (could hardly call it a beach) have been there for years and mostly patronised by the locals. what is there now? Oh yeah, row upon row of guy ropes to trip over, that is if you haven't disappeared down a pothole first.

Do cliched to death emoticons ever work to shut people up?

That horse may well be the one already out of the barn.

Hmmm. sad.png

Loved camping when I was young and broke.......

I still enjoy an evening at least once or twice a week with my wife, my dog and my favorite beverage along with some food on a beach mat just down the road from my house. Much more relaxing than sitting in some bar or restaurant! I guess you are really old if you can't enjoy that!

Or just plain ol' tired when you find yourself happy others have lost their choice !

• Like 1